Nike Air VaporMax

"According to my Nike Coach, the average lifespan of the traction on the VaporMax is between half a marathon and one full marathon."

http://www.nicekicks.com/nike-vapormax-review/

Soles wear down that quicky?
sick.gif
In other words, Nike designed these to be disposable like the Mayfly? 

They're totally different. Boost isn't a great running shoe. There's almost too much bounce. The vapormax are more firmly tuned, so they really respond when you push them beyond normal walking. I find the knit of the vapormax to be the best fk upper that Nike has made and somewhere in between the stiffer 1.0 boost knit and loose 3.0 boost knit (don't own any 2.0).

Boost would probably be more a lifestyle oriented shoe. Vmax a more performance oriented shoe.

There is however a secret weapon the vapormax has. It's stupid light and flexible. I've never felt anything quite like it. I'm pretty confident it's lighter than a Flyknit racer. Im sure that will make it very easy to wear for extended periods of time. (I've only spent limited time w it.)

personally, I prefer the vapormax in limited wearing. Mostly cause of the weight and overall aesthetic (which is super subjective). As much as I'm a Nike guy, I've got a pretty filthy boost collection that I don't plan on retiring BUT these vapormaxes are the first new air model in a long time that I can honestly say I'm excited about - got 3 pairs and another one on the way tomorrow. Happy air max day.

Based on your post it sounds like these are intended for actual running. Do you believe that's their intended purpose?

lol if you are actually looking into technical running you shouldnt even consider ultra boost or vapormax or whatever these hyped ***** you are thinking of.

almost go time. im torn between id red/white, multi ids, or just the grey/red pair because it looks alot like the original wolf grey/red lunar flyknit chukkas.

Last edited:

lol if you are actually looking into technical running you shouldnt even consider ultra boost or vapormax or whatever these hyped ***** you are thinking of.
this. for running, my go-to is a pair of GT-2000s. they can take the abuse

How do these fit for anyone who got them already? And are the foot stores getting the triple blacks at all?
+1

Debating whether they fit TTS like the recent air max 2014, 2015, etc... or whether they fit small or narrow and I should go .5 up like the air max 95, 96, 97, 98.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom