Nike Air VaporMax

Got my pair of Pure Platinums in today from the second wave of restocks earlier this week.

With all of the good reviews and such, maybe in my mind I set the bar too high or was expecting a little too much. 

I ordered a 12.5 which is my normal TTS for my everyday shoes. Very rarely, in some basketball shoes will I need to size up to a 13, but in these maybe actually sizing down? I'd be interested to see what a 12 feels like as I still have some wiggle room...but maybe that's a good thing.

Walking around in them, feels different, maybe a little odd first. For me, I can feel the emptiness or drops where there is no contact or air bag present. For lack of better description, it's like a hollow feeling in the middle of my foot where there are no air bags, but I can definitely feel the air bags on the outside of my feet when I walk. Maybe I'm used to wearing other Nike models with Zoom, Lunarlon, etc around the whole foot that I can feel the support with each stride. It is faintly reminiscent of the pod system in the Lebron's (except they are much lower to the ground than these) with regards to feeling the actual unit during strides.

Walking over tough terrain or or a low lying object, is pretty responsive and impressive. You can feel the air bags conforming to the object you're stepping on to maintain the support that it gives your foot if that makes sense. 

I don't have mine tied, well they are in the slip knots how nike shoes come with, but my left shoestring has a smudge on it right out of the box! 

That pretty much sums it up, for my initial thoughts, might give them a full test drive tomorrow. What's Nike's return policy again? Can I return even if the soles show wear and tear on the pavement?

Got my pair of Pure Platinums in today from the second wave of restocks earlier this week.

With all of the good reviews and such, maybe in my mind I set the bar too high or was expecting a little too much. 

That pretty much sums it up, for my initial thoughts, might give them a full test drive tomorrow. What's Nike's return policy again? Can I return even if the soles show wear and tear on the pavement?

Yes.

I ordered a 12.5 which is my normal TTS for my everyday shoes. Very rarely, in some basketball shoes will I need to size up to a 13, but in these maybe actually sizing down? I'd be interested to see what a 12 feels like as I still have some wiggle room...but maybe that's a good thing.

Walking around in them, feels different, maybe a little odd first. For me, I can feel the emptiness or drops where there is no contact or air bag present. For lack of better description, it's like a hollow feeling in the middle of my foot where there are no air bags, but I can definitely feel the air bags on the outside of my feet when I walk. Maybe I'm used to wearing other Nike models with Zoom, Lunarlon, etc around the whole foot that I can feel the support with each stride. It is faintly reminiscent of the pod system in the Lebron's (except they are much lower to the ground than these) with regards to feeling the actual unit during strides.

Walking over tough terrain or or a low lying object, is pretty responsive and impressive. You can feel the air bags conforming to the object you're stepping on to maintain the support that it gives your foot if that makes sense. 

I don't have mine tied, well they are in the slip knots how nike shoes come with, but my left shoestring has a smudge on it right out of the box! 

wear for a few days, guarantee you'll keep em.

so i got the triple blacks off stock x right after the sunday L,. great deal, got in before the NY resellers. no problem, right? right?
stockx usually gives sellers 2 days. took them over 5 days and here comes friday afternoon, now i'm getting scared cuz ill never get a better deal if this seller flakes.
I send them an email, and i swear, 10 mins later I get a " the seller shipped" "we received the item from the seller" "we are shipping it to you" all at the same time.
Like this is the worst experience i've had with stockx but at least they corrected themselves. Ill still patronize them.

so i got the triple blacks off stock x right after the sunday L,. great deal, got in before the NY resellers. no problem, right? right?
stockx usually gives sellers 2 days. took them over 5 days and here comes friday afternoon, now i'm getting scared cuz ill never get a better deal if this seller flakes.
I send them an email, and i swear, 10 mins later I get a " the seller shipped" "we received the item from the seller" "we are shipping it to you" all at the same time.
Like this is the worst experience i've had with stockx but at least they corrected themselves. Ill still patronize them.

It does sound like a coincidence, but sometimes UPS tracking messes up. I sent an item into StockX after it was sold, and it kept saying that it was "awaiting shipping from seller" or whatnot. I got really nervous that they would say I never sent it in. I sent them an email, and they seemed cool about it, saying that there was probably a problem with UPS. Even UPS's tracking said that it was awaiting shipment. It never changed until it was delivered to stockx.

Someone stole my Plats from Endclothing...should've purchased when I saw earlier. I will never contemplate again. Purchase and regret later

It does sound like a coincidence, but sometimes UPS tracking messes up. I sent an item into StockX after it was sold, and it kept saying that it was "awaiting shipping from seller" or whatnot. I got really nervous that they would say I never sent it in. I sent them an email, and they seemed cool about it, saying that there was probably a problem with UPS. Even UPS's tracking said that it was awaiting shipment. It never changed until it was delivered to stockx.

i've seen that before too actually. but in this instance they had the item, the seller already shipped it and they never updated my account so all week i'm thinking the seller flaked and wondering why they haven't given me my money back after 6 days. At that moment i had also gotten a response back from a stock x rep the messages were received at once and think he probably made the shipping label at the same time as it still hasn't shipped and probably wont until monday.

Last edited:

Yep, Nike's return policy will give you 30 days to wear them, and if you don't like it, you can simply return it for a refund within that 30-day window.

I agree with what redraider806 redraider806 said. I won't co-sign the guarantee, but you definitely do have to give it some time before the feet gets used to it, and the cushioning and insole starts to break in a little more. That real firm bounce feeling will slowly become a tiny bit plush with the insoles getting broken in. It won't go plush to the point where it becomes super soft, but you'll feel the break-in difference!

Hope that helps!

That photo was mistakenly posted along with my other two. This one was on display. Location disclosed tho. Don't wana blow up anyone's spot

Can I get a LC on these? Seems way too good to be true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272612533342

Edit: 200USD for the triple back air vapormax seems too much of a steal when they're selling on eBay for 500, although he's offering returns so might just bite and return if fake

Last edited:
Can I get a LC on these? Seems way too good to be true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272612533342

Edit: 200USD for the triple back air vapormax seems too much of a steal when they're selling on eBay for 500, although he's offering returns so might just bite and return if fake

Something looks off

Also 0 seller feedback. Never stated authenticity and also look at the "brand" "OnikeO"

Red flags

Reactions: gir
In London this weekend, tried on the Air VaporMax at JD Sports as well as the Pure boost 2017, preferred the Air VaporMax, much better support and comfort IMO. In fact, it probably is more comfortable and offers more support than all the boost shoes except for UB. Don't like the Platinum CW, only one available, so will wait for another CW. Def want to add it to the collection though.

OG vapormax are on the desk top snkrs in a 12.5-14 plus nike has 14% ebates!!!!

Yep, Nike's return policy will give you 30 days to wear them, and if you don't like it, you can simply return it for a refund within that 30-day window.

I agree with what @redraider806 said. I won't co-sign the guarantee, but you definitely do have to give it some time before the feet gets used to it, and the cushioning and insole starts to break in a little more. That real firm bounce feeling will slowly become a tiny bit plush with the insoles getting broken in. It won't go plush to the point where it becomes super soft, but you'll feel the break-in difference!

Hope that helps!
Do you know what happens to those shoes that you wore but didn't work out and returned before 30 days? They go to the grinder and become playgrounds. I kid you not.

they went pretty quick but i got a 12.5 i wear a 12 so hopefully its ok but 14% of ebates makes it great if i dont like return them and keep the $28... win win

Back
Top Bottom