Nike Air VaporMax

word from a guy working at NikeLab P75 that there will be a random in-store restock of the triple black soon... 

Last edited:
If the staff knows, then the resellers know. You will literally have to pull a miracle to grab the restock.
He doesn't specifically know when and how many pairs, his supervisor hasn't shared much info about it but pointed out the fact that there will most likely be a restock so I'd say luck can work on that one.

Here's to hoping Nike steps out of the box a little with colorways. If they play it too safe they could mis out on a lot of potential with the VaporMax.

Went pretty left field with the multicolour knit and volt green air bubbles on NikeID for air max day. They were hideous...

Reactions: ARK
Did a short 2.5 mile run in these yesterday and the bottom of my feet honestly hurt afterwards. I'll keep running in them and see how they get better once they're broken in.
Current running rotation are flyknit free rn, lunarepics, flyknit lunar 1s, and adidas energy boost 3.

Let us know how they break in for actual running. I tried my pair on a treadmill today and the outside of my foot is now bothering me. I don't want to give up on them too early but thinking they may not be for me. I'd like to hear if they got better for you as that may give me some hope.

Went pretty left field with the multicolour knit and volt green air bubbles on NikeID for air max day. They were hideous...

Hideous and left field is correct. No disrespect to anyone who purchased them, but that wasn't a cohesive color option like the safari mock up above. When I said step out of the box, I just meant there's untapped potential for some nice color blocking, gradient usage or even patterns. If they don't, at least give us the opportunity through NIKEiD. Although I must admit with a general release at $200 and ID options even more, I don't see myself going more than 2-3 pairs deep. This shoe should be $175 tops, but that's another argument for another day.

Let us know how they break in for actual running. I tried my pair on a treadmill today and the outside of my foot is now bothering me. I don't want to give up on them too early but thinking they may not be for me. I'd like to hear if they got better for you as that may give me some hope.

I was literally just about to post an update lol

I ran another 3 miles in them yesterday and my feet hurt again...I actually had to stop after 1 mile and take them off for a bit. The hard plastic edge around the heel unit creates a stress concentration that caused pain, predominantly on the lateral side of my heels. I do have a slight heel strike and tend to supinate so this it makes sense why I felt pain here. The last 2 miles I changed form to more of a midfoot strike and it helped to relieve the pain. I'm gonna keep running in them and see but it looks like these are best suited for neutral, midfoot strikers.

View media item 2390939

I was literally just about to post an update lol

I ran another 3 miles in them yesterday and my feet hurt again...I actually had to stop after 1 mile and take them off for a bit. The hard plastic edge around the heel unit creates a stress concentration that caused pain, predominantly on the lateral side of my heels. I do have a slight heel strike and tend to supinate so this it makes sense why I felt pain here. The last 2 miles I changed form to more of a midfoot strike and it helped to relieve the pain. I'm gonna keep running in them and see but it looks like these are best suited for neutral, midfoot strikers.

View media item 2390939

Ah, that's tough! Running question for you (and/or anyone else who pronates/supinates)... when you readjusted your form, did you actually had to think every step to land straight forward, or was it an initial thought that led to a natural adjustment over a short distance?

I ran a 5K yesterday and another mile this morning before my workout and didn't have any issues with the VaporMax. There was some slight rubbing on my achilles but other than that I haven't had discomfort when running. 

Ah, that's tough! Running question for you (and/or anyone else who pronates/supinates)... when you readjusted your form, did you actually had to think every step to land straight forward, or was it an initial thought that led to a natural adjustment over a short distance?

I had to be conscious of it at first but I've been training to change my form so it was pretty natural after a little while.

Back
Top Bottom