Nike Air VaporMax

Man that's exactly how I felt with the pure plats back in march.. I sent them back on the second day! BUT after hearing/reading that they break in after weeks, I ordered another ID pair (with discounts and ebates) that should be here next month sometime. Hope they actually break in and become comfortable..

I can confirm. 
This happened for me on my first wear of my Plats. But I can corroborate others statements in that they definitely get better over time. The cramping feeling of soreness will not return post-break in. How long does that take? I reckon it varies, but after a few wears you'll forget you ever had any pain.

Thanks for the replies, I'll keep pushing through and see what happens.
I'm glad I didn't break them out on a trip where I was planning on spending the day on my feet lol

the first time i really wore my Plats was during a trip to NYC.

i could definitely feel them get more plush as the day winded down.

the whole they're more comfortable the more you wear them thing is definitely starting to get overblown. Its not THAT drastic.

the whole they're more comfortable the more you wear them thing is definitely starting to get overblown. Its not THAT drastic.
I think its preety drastic in terms of how uncomfortable to comfortable they become. After the second time wearing mine i was thinking i made a bad choice, but now it's basically the best running shoe I've ever had

Hmm...this is bad news for Nike.  Average consumer will not tolerate that kind of break-in period.  

Hmm...this is bad news for Nike.  Average consumer will not tolerate that kind of break-in period.  
I would disagree. The average consumer doesn't have 100+ pairs of shoes like us... [emoji]128514[/emoji]

appreciate the feedback guys.

seems like $300 is the max. went on ebay and I noticed anything $300+ has been sitting. hopefully seller gets back soon. I placed a respectful bid but may end up going with the BIN option since they offer a $25 off promo for first time buyers.

edit: last sale recorded was at $255 for a 10.5
Following up, seller accepted my bid and was able to use the $25 discount for first time buyers.

Just hoping the authentication process goes well. seller already shipped out.

I would disagree. The average consumer doesn't have 100+ pairs of shoes like us... [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Exactly....They'll try them on.  Their feet will hurt the first day, and they'll return them.  Modern sneakers rarely hurts when new....May get more comfortable with time, but shouldn't hurt.

Exactly....They'll try them on.  Their feet will hurt the first day, and they'll return them.  Modern sneakers rarely hurts when new....May get more comfortable with time, but shouldn't hurt.
I get what you're saying, but none of my VaporMax pairs hurt when I tried them on, they were just tight. If they hurt, I wouldn't have kept my pairs either.

Last edited:
Great color way. Do you use them for running? Short or long distance? Or just casual use
Oreos are casual use mostly, some light jogging/ walks. I run in my asphalts though 
happy.gif

how did u get that black swoosh outline?
Tiny brush and a steady hand lol. I painted on the outline and speckles, wasn't a huge fan of the subtle swoosh on the lateral side
Right?! It gets better after runs for sure. Nice customization, too!
Thanks man! and yes definitely, the response from the unit is so incredible after a bit of break in. I find myself craving it after wearing anything flat for an extended period. 

I too wore them one night at work to break in. Ended up having to loosen the laces. Been trying to go on a run, but rained 2 nights in a row. I think the laces have a ton of "grip" compared to my other running shoe laces though. And, there is no friction lock (the extra pair of lace holes on the top). I'm hoping for a cross between my zoom all outs and my flyknit air max while running.

Still my favorite colorway.

Yeah hear you, dunno why I slept so long. Thing is, when I first saw Nike's glamour shots the OG's were the ones that jumped out at me, but one thing and another I kept skipping. Ah well, happy days [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Last edited:
I too wore them one night at work to break in. Ended up having to loosen the laces. Been trying to go on a run, but rained 2 nights in a row. I think the laces have a ton of "grip" compared to my other running shoe laces though. And, there is no friction lock (the extra pair of lace holes on the top). I'm hoping for a cross between my zoom all outs and my flyknit air max while running.
I think you're spot on with the Zoom All Out and Flyknit Air Max comparison. You'll get the responsiveness of the visible zoom and flyknit but with a more lockdown feel than the Flyknit Air Max.

Mine have never hurt when breaking them in

Same here. They do get more comfortable with wear but they wear comfortable from the beginning. It may have to do with individual foot construction and shape. If they hurt at any point I wouldn't expect them to get much better with wear.

Maybe it's just my foot but I like the comfort of the Zoom All Out's compared to the Vapormax. 

Back
Top Bottom