Nike Air VaporMax

Comfy & fly taking the kid to the zoo

IMG_6473.JPG

got my black/volt acronym yesterday from stock x. I love em even more. love that their laceless too. went .5 up and they fit beautifully.

Rubber finally wearing out after half a year of being in my rotation, surprised the rubber is going before the nubs but generally impressed with the durability of the shoe

20180505_190922.jpg
I have to say that I think the durability on the VM is appalling! 6 months and they're close to worn? Let alone in rotation! So in other words, if they were your only sneaker, they'd be worn down in 3-4 months. For a US$190 (AU$280) sneaker, I would have thought you'd get a couple of years wear out of them. I've already sent one pair back after 8 months and they wore down through and blew an air unit. I have around 8 pairs and I suspect I'll be sending more back due to premature wear. Awesome shoe to wear, horrible durability!

Yeesh are you guys dragging your feet while riding a motorcycle?

They’ve been in my rotation for quite some time but I’m no ways near that level of wear.

Yea those blues are very nice. I need to find a Nike discount code or something. I can’t keep paying retail for these VM.

I have to say that I think the durability on the VM is appalling! 6 months and they're close to worn? Let alone in rotation! So in other words, if they were your only sneaker, they'd be worn down in 3-4 months. For a US$190 (AU$280) sneaker, I would have thought you'd get a couple of years wear out of them. I've already sent one pair back after 8 months and they wore down through and blew an air unit. I have around 8 pairs and I suspect I'll be sending more back due to premature wear. Awesome shoe to wear, horrible durability!

They’ll let you return them after the 30 days of wear? After two months the inner lining where the tongue connect ripped on the same side for both shoes.

Weird sold out almost on Finish Line... Full Stock at Nike.com

I picked them up to use my $20 Reward which was about to expire... I guess should get the greys too..

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.35.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 10.36.24 AM.png

Well Finish Line restocked blues already lol

IMG_6695.PNG

Can see your point, I think the fact the outsole is just air bags means they were never going to be the most durable shoe to begin with.

Last edited:
Blew an airbag? There was a youtube video experiment to show how much it takes to pop one and it took QUITE a force to do it.

This didn't blow by force, but more by wear.

Quite disappointing to hear. Was expecting a little more durability. Guess each tech from their respective brands got their Pro N Cons.

At least Nike has that 2 Year warranty thing in their policy.

Back
Top Bottom