Nike Air VaporMax

I screen capped this one. Switch that lace to white and if I can get a volt bag too Im probably in.

IMG_1412.jpg

Yea maybe black laces too but like the idea

Just checked my Nike app and it shows the vapormax id with a blue, volt, and red airbag so hopefully there will be a lot of options for this new id

Just checked my Nike app and it shows the vapormax id with a blue, volt, and red airbag so hopefully there will be a lot of options for this new id
I want to be wrong but I’m going to assume that the main color will be locked as there aren’t any color combos shown other than the main color with options for black or white accent colors compared to the recent React ID examples they showed for those.

Anyone have any issues with the air unit popping or permanent yellowing on clear soles?

Bubbles on my OGs yellowed enough to be noticed. When they started to yellow, I sold them. Still have the Lab Oreos DS and have been hesitant to wear them because of the yellowing on those OGs. Air bubbles on all my AM 95s always yellowed (going back to pairs from the late 90s). I expect all the Vapors will do the same (w clear bubbles).

^ Was there online documentation to minimise or slow down the process of oxidation? I imagine the problem cannot be avoided.

Bubbles on my OGs yellowed enough to be noticed. When they started to yellow, I sold them. Still have the Lab Oreos DS and have been hesitant to wear them because of the yellowing on those OGs. Air bubbles on all my AM 95s always yellowed (going back to pairs from the late 90s). I expect all the Vapors will do the same (w clear bubbles).

Thanks. I have the 2018 black off white pair and I’m debating if I should just sell them if they won’t last long. That’s an easy $600 down the drain when the bubbles start to yellow.

I know yellowing is inevitable throughout time, but if wearing them speeds up the yellowing process, I don’t think it’s worth keeping in the long run. Especially with a shoe with a high market value like the off whites. If I’m going to spend money on shoes, I want them to look good for as long as possible

Thanks. I have the 2018 black off white pair and I’m debating if I should just sell them if they won’t last long. That’s an easy $600 down the drain when the bubbles start to yellow.

I know yellowing is inevitable throughout time, but if wearing them speeds up the yellowing process, I don’t think it’s worth it to count on longevity. Especially with a shoe with a high market value like the off whites

Either you wear the shoe or sell it and move it on. Shoes are going to age as you wear them. It’s inevitable.

Either you wear the shoe or sell it and move it on. Shoes are going to age as you wear them. It’s inevitable.

Yea I know that. It just seems vapormax’s age faster with wear than other shoes. It’s just making me question if they’re worth keeping if that’s the case. Might as well buy a shoe that will last longer if I’m going to spend money on kicks.

Yea I know that. It just seems vapormax’s age faster with wear than other shoes. It’s just making me question if they’re worth keeping if that’s the case. Might as well buy a shoe that will last longer if I’m going to spend money on kicks.

If you like them wear them is all I’m saying. If not move them on. Don’t worry about if they will turn yellow.

Just today I hit 400 miles on a pair of Pegasus 34s. They look new (except for the bottom treads of course). And like I mentioned up there, my OG Vapor bubbles were starting to yellow and I had wore them about 4 or 5 times.

It always seems like the pairs you try to beat hold-up, and the ones you want to keep spotless...

I know yellowing is inevitable throughout time, but if wearing them speeds up the yellowing process, I don’t think it’s worth keeping in the long run. Especially with a shoe with a high market value like the off whites. If I’m going to spend money on shoes, I want them to look good for as long as possible

That's why I onLy buy vapormax shoes that have smoked grey soles or black soles , I skipped all the clear bubble color ways . Problem solved lol

Some good stuff after months of nothing catching my eye. But I found some old Hyperfeel Volts for $20. Hopefully it prevents me from dropping $200 on iD Volts.
And I got last years BeTrue VaporMax.

My hotel is right next to the Portland flagship store...nicely done but nothing special, just general releases... the continued weird 2.0 colorways leave me cold and confused.. bring back tonal!!

No sales tax tho lol

IMG_9425.JPG

M
IMG_9426.JPG
IMG_9427.JPG
IMG_9431.JPG

My hotel is right next to the Portland flagship store...nicely done but nothing special, just general releases... the continued weird 2.0 colorways leave me cold and confused.. bring back tonal!!

No sales tax tho lol

IMG_9425.JPG

M
IMG_9426.JPG
IMG_9427.JPG
IMG_9431.JPG

Do your best to get a pass for the employee store. No tax and 40% off everything is wonderful used to be 50 until last summer.

Also, your in a good spot to eat/drink a bunch of good food and beer there.

Pearl district for breweries.
Street cars/vendors for food.
Voodoo donuts a few blocks away. Cash only.

Enjoy man. Awesome city.

Anyone have any issues with the air unit popping or permanent yellowing on clear soles?

Good timing of that question. My VaporMax Pure Platinum pair's Air units still remain intact, but not only does it yellow underneath and on the inner parts of the heel's Air unit, but it fogs up on the outer sides of the units, too. Even the plates that the Air units connect to yellow, it seems. I wore them out for a walk yesterday after seeing someone else post their picture of him wearing his... not as clean as his. :frown: This pair was the pair I wore for running until I stopped at 200 miles, but all in total with walking, I think I got about 250-300 total miles in 'em.

If anybody wants, I can provide pictures all around of the Air units.

41507780095_396d5b7919_b.jpg

sucks that they yellow like that but it’s been happening w/ Nike translucent soles FOREVER! Wish they could fix it some how but Nike wants you buying more shoes lol

Back
Top Bottom