Nike Air Yeezy 2 Authentic/Fake Comparison

Someones a bit butthurt that more people are going to be wearing yeezys.. Hypebeast WE know about ya

Well no, cuz they won't actually be wearing yeezy's. they're not yeezy's, no matter how bad you want them to be, no matter how close they get.

Funny, you're calling me the hype beast when you're the one who wants a shoe so bad you're trying to justify buying and wearing fake shoes (now that's beasting). If you don't have it, or don't wanna drop the bread, then that's it. Move on.

To me, it's not about liking things to be limited, hype, exclusive, or anything. I buy things i like, and pass on things I don't, or can't afford (I want Mag's, but I don't wanna spend that much on 'em, and I certainly wouldn't buy a fake pair)... Hype does not sway my purchases... This issue is about me not liking anything fake. To a lot of people who really love sneakers, to the people that this isn't just some fad to be cool, a lot of us wouldn't dare taint our collection with a fake shoe. I love 'em too much to ever do that.

I like Lambo's, I want one, but can't afford it. But I'm not gonna try to customize, or pay someone to customize a car to look like a Lambo. That would be silly, and you still wouldn't have a Lambo. Lol. Now if you have a real Lambo and wanna customize it, paint it, whatever, that's different (I once had a paid of J's customized, so I figured I'd put that out there)...

Well no, cuz they won't actually be wearing yeezy's. they're not yeezy's, no matter how bad you want them to be, no matter how close they get.

Funny, you're calling me the hype beast when you're the one who wants a shoe so bad you're trying to justify buying and wearing fake shoes (now that's beasting). If you don't have it, or don't wanna drop the bread, then that's it. Move on.

To me, it's not about liking things to be limited, hype, exclusive, or anything. I buy things i like, and pass on things I don't, or can't afford (I want Mag's, but I don't wanna spend that much on 'em, and I certainly wouldn't buy a fake pair)... Hype does not sway my purchases... This issue is about me not liking anything fake. To a lot of people who really love sneakers, to the people that this isn't just some fad to be cool, a lot of us wouldn't dare taint our collection with a fake shoe. I love 'em too much to ever do that.

I like Lambo's, I want one, but can't afford it. But I'm not gonna try to customize, or pay someone to customize a car to look like a Lambo. That would be silly, and you still wouldn't have a Lambo. Lol. Now if you have a real Lambo and wanna customize it, paint it, whatever, that's different (I once had a paid of J's customized, so I figured I'd put that out there)...
QFT.

u cant compare a car...

here my 2 cents on the topic

I know many wealthy people, people that are wealthy enough to live next to kobe and they buy a lot of fake stuff like purses or shirts... some people willing to drop $$$ for authentic stuff some people rather buy fake and use money on other stuff. who cares, its kind of like trying to get rid of racism... its always going to be there no matter what.

at the end of the day its ur money buy what you want. who cares about hypebeast or the person next to you.

u cant compare a car...

I know many wealthy people, people that are wealthy enough to live next to kobe and they buy a lot of fake stuff like purses or shirts... some people willing to drop $$$ for authentic stuff some people rather buy fake and use money on other stuff. who cares, its kind of like trying to get rid of racism... its always going to be there no matter what.

at the end of the day its ur money buy what you want. who cares about hypebeast or the person next to you.
This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier in the thread. Repped!

u cant compare a car...

Right, and that's fine. If you want to buy fakes, that's on you. If you want to lie to yourself and the rest of the world, that's your prerogative, Bobby Brown.

But, you shouldn't be tainting what was once considered the pinnacle of the sneaker enthusiast community (but is now a borderline cesspool since this thread has made it 12 damn pages) with talk of FAKES and tortured justifications for why it's okay to buy fakes.

Yes, people buy bang bang goods all the time. People buy fake Yeezys all the time. But, people who truly love sneakers don't.

There seems to be a rash of threads like these, and every last one of them should be locked. NT is not a place for people discuss high-end replicas of sneakers.

Yes.

You can call Proto a hypebeast. He's been called that and worse. (Sometimes even by me :tongue:) But, he's no dummy. And, he's 100% correct here.

The idea that somebody can justify buying a replica of one of the most hyped up shoes of all time, and then turn around and call somebody who owns a real pair a hypebeast is irony at it's finest. Proto may or may not be a beast - but anybody who buys a fake pair of Yeezys, knowingly, and tries to pass them off is way worse of a beast. That's the definition of thirst, my friends.

Right, and that's fine. If you want to buy fakes, that's on you. If you want to lie to yourself and the rest of the world, that's your prerogative, Bobby Brown.

But, you shouldn't be tainting what was once considered the pinnacle of the sneaker enthusiast community (but is now a borderline cesspool since this thread has made it 12 damn pages) with talk of FAKES and tortured justifications for why it's okay to buy fakes.

Yes, people buy bang bang goods all the time. People buy fake Yeezys all the time. But, people who truly love sneakers don't.

There seems to be a rash of threads like these, and every last one of them should be locked. NT is not a place for people discuss high-end replicas of sneakers.
Agreeded

i disagree with this. I agree they shouldnt be arguing why or why not buy rep but they should be discuss so that people have knowledge when they are trying to check for authenticity

i disagree with this. I agree they shouldnt be arguing why or why not buy rep but they should be discuss so that people have knowledge when they are trying to check for authenticity

The people who are talking about spotting the differences between the authentics and the high quality replicas are not the problem. That is valuable info. The posts talking about - no real difference, close enough, unauthorized is fine as long as the same materials are used, etc. should be deleted on site. And, people voicing that opinion should not be embraced as part of the NT community. Period.

Teaching people how to LC is a different issue. This board used to be a fantastic wealth of knowledge about these kinds of issues, and LCs used to be informative, with people teaching their fellow man to fish instead of just giving him a fish. Today, that's not the case. Not only that, I've seen fakes get cosigned as legit here. A number of the people responding to LCs aren't even qualified to do so - not necessarily this particular shoe, BTW.

Ever since the changeover and removal of the waiting period, NT has suffered immensely. This forum is one that took an especially hard blow.

If the yeezy 2 retailed for 1500-2500 dollars we wouldn't be having this conversation, but they didn't...
People have justified paying up to $3000 for a $250 shoe that cost even less than that to produce.
The MAGS don't have this problem. why? Because people can accept that they are a collectors item. 

The yeezy is a fly shoe. There are a lot of people who want to WEAR them, maybe even on a daily basis not to "stunt" (saying you can't get these and i can) but because they love how the shoe looks. 

Because of that, the replica market for them is booming.  

No one rocks fake jays or can justify buying them because jays are only a week of work at minimum wage, and the extremely  exclusive pairs can't really be accurately replicated... or at least they haven't been to date.
..... And then there's hype.

Hype is the reason why a lot of "true" sneakerheads covet their prized kicks. Without hype your shoes aren't limited or unattainable. Without hype you are left just liking the shoe because YOU like the shoe, which is where a lot of people are ending up with the yeezy 2. They like a shoe that they can't afford the price hike on. (those same people you tell to get a job probably could afford the yeezy at retail but for $3000 you can buy a clean used honda.) So when you want something that you personally like without regard to what other people think of it, a perfect replica is going to be okay for you, because you're buying it for your OWN PREFERENCE. Which is why it's not hypocritical to call someone who paid 2500 for their pair a hypebeast. In a lot of ways, the love for the shoe is more pure when you have to humble yourself enough to buy a fake. 2500 is ridiculous for some rubber and leather, and yeezybay is proving it, because im sure they're not selling their customs at a loss, even when they are hand crafted. If you've got the money to afford it good for you, but to shun others who can't or just caring what others are wearing in general is very "hype-ish"

On a final note... if you reeeeeally wanted them you should've tried harder on release. When the hype is this bad you should already know what you have to do. This is where i side with the "true" sneakerhead. After a week of hell on earth, me and my two friends altogether secured 6 pairs from 4 different places at retail. Almost no sleep, camping, running to check ins at different stores, scavenger hunts, raffles. We tried it all. It was an experience and that's why shoes can have meaning for some people. If you just woke up and dropped the 3000 to buy em. ****. You fed the hype.

There is a conversation that needs to be had in the sneaker community. A sort of state of the union for the "shoe game"... and its a shame but if you don't talk about fake yeezy's in the fake yeezy thread... Where do you do it? Its not like you can have a town hall forum. /endrant

This is titled the authentic/fake comparison thread isn't it? Everyone needs to chill out, this thread is about shoes... Granted they are cool way overpriced ones but at the end of the day the guy above me is right, rubber and leather.

Grown men who are complaining about people getting these high quality fakes need to re-evaluate there priorities and life, especially if they are justifying spending 3grand on a shoe.

At the same time I agree with the poster above completely correct. especially with the airmag comparison.

AAAAND you know what? Ima sutnt hard in these fugazzi like they yeezy, you call me out and ill still say they real haters just hatin.

Last edited:
Grown men who are complaining about people getting these high quality fakes need to re-evaluate there priorities and life, especially if they are justifying spending 3grand on a shoe.

At the same time I agree with the poster above completely correct. especially with the airmag comparison.

AAAAND you know what? Ima sutnt hard in these fugazzi like they yeezy, you call me out and ill still say they real haters just hatin.
A hypebeast at their prime. If you can't afford them don't get them.

Last edited:
Im sure ppl could afford retail ... Resell price is a totally different story...

So all u guys sayin that if u cant afford em ....

Does that mean ure approvin resell prices??

1. The shoe shouldn't cost that much. Its a shoe worn by a rapper, thats it. No matter how limited it is, it shouldn't be 2-3 grand.

2. You shouldn't want a shoe so bad that you cop a knock off. Its just a shoe, in 10-20 years nobody will care about a Kanye West sneaker.

3. Theres no use in arguing over it, because at the end of the day people buying the knockoffs will continue, and the people spending mortgage payments on sneakers will continue.

So in the end, no matter what side of the fence you stand on the subject, we all just have to deal with it.

This thread should be for knowledge and helping people spot fakes so they know the difference between a genuine AY2 and a fugazi.

This thread wasn't created for people to share their opinions on whether or not they would wear a fake and where they stand on replica sneakers.

We got other threads for that.

Last edited:
Im sure ppl could afford retail ... Resell price is a totally different story...

So all u guys sayin that if u cant afford em ....

Does that mean ure approvin resell prices??
No but it doesn't give you no reason to cop a replica if you can't get it for retail. There really no other way to get them beside reseller unless you got extremely lucky and got them for retail.

I had a fake and have a real pair. I wasn't trying to pass the fake off as real. I got the fake because I'd rather put that 3k towards something I really need like a breast reduction or an electric wheelchair. I will save up in time again and try to get an authentic pair when I can, however just because I had a fake doesn't mean I disrespect the sneaker game...I just liked the design of the shoe and there's no shame in that.

I had a fake and have a real pair. I wasn't trying to pass the fake off as real. I got the fake because I'd rather put that 3k towards something I really need like a breast reduction or an electric wheelchair. I will save up in time again and try to get an authentic pair when I can, however just because I had a fake doesn't mean I disrespect the sneaker game...I just liked the design of the shoe and there's no shame in that.
Ohh no, you have voiced that you bought a fake pair. The world of the sneaker game is coming to an end as we know it.:smile: Glad to see someone with real priorities.

PRIME hit it, and there has been some major sidetracking here lately.

This thread is for spotting the differences from the real Yeezy 2 and fakes, both old, new, and soon to be. When the new ones come out, people (like myself) will make posts detailing any possible differences that could be spotted to help keep those who are searching for real pairs, safe from the replicas.

This thread is not about your feelings for people who buy or dont buy fakes. It's not about retail prices. It's simply about learning and knowing the differences.

1. The shoe shouldn't cost that much. Its a shoe worn by a rapper, thats it. No matter how limited it is, it shouldn't be 2-3 grand.

2. You shouldn't want a shoe so bad that you cop a knock off. Its just a shoe, in 10-20 years nobody will care about a Kanye West sneaker.

3. Theres no use in arguing over it, because at the end of the day people buying the knockoffs will continue, and the people spending mortgage payments on sneakers will continue.

So in the end, no matter what side of the fence you stand on the subject, we all just have to deal with it.

This thread should be for knowledge and helping people spot fakes so they know the difference between a genuine AY2 and a fugazi.

This thread wasn't created for people to share their opinions on whether or not they would wear a fake and where they stand on replica sneakers.

We got other threads for that.
As long as they don't come on NikeTalk supporting their fake shoe purchases..I agree with the sentiment that people who are sneaker enthusiasts shouldn't be voicing opinions in support of buying fake shoes..

Back
Top Bottom