Nike Air Yeezy 2 Authentic/Fake Comparison

Wow, reading through their IG, it's almost as if they're trying so hard to make the shoes look legit so they can help people who can't afford them.

If this is some kind of meta-criticism of the 'sneaker game', then my mind is blown.

smh...if you want a pair of Yeezy dont settle for fakes.
If you really want them work for them !

Wow, reading through their IG, it's almost as if they're trying so hard to make the shoes look legit so they can help people who can't afford them.

If this is some kind of meta-criticism of the 'sneaker game', then my mind is blown.

the only reason id settle for fakes is if you have a pair that 95% close to legit thing in terms of comfort and looks. Id consider it.

If it was a pair of Concords i would not buy a fake even if they were 99% close to the real thing. 1 pair of yeezy = a car payment or couple car payments.

i dont support fakes etc... I think its if awful some people who buy fakes.

these custom fake yeezy might actually be first and only pair of fakes i get. The guy seems to be putting in his own work so It a positive to me to get a pair

Last edited:
Here's my two cents.

From my conversation with the people at Yeezybay, they are not factory workers trying to make a quick cash in on this product. It's a handful of guys who are trying to make an actual carbon copy of the Yeezy 2, going as far as securing the actual materials used on the release, measuring inch for inch every piece that goes into the sneaker, and everything else that must be done to get this thing right. For all intents and purposes, this particular product will be the Yeezy2. It will look, feel, and smell like the authentic pair. Made to order, and not in cheaply hastily made mass amounts.

I don't know if you guys remember, but it's similar to that guy who built a Lamborghini Countach in his basement. He measured every section of the car, and it took 17 years, but he built an exact double of the Countach IN HIS BASEMENT. I commend him for that. He didn't have supercar money, so he just built himself one.

We all know the legality of this, and NikeTalk's stance on it. That's not what I'm speaking on. I'm speaking on the ernest that seems to be displayed in trying to get this product in the hands of the "people". And not some cheap approximation. As close as possible to the real deal. Those who couldnt get at retail, and just can't or won't get these at stupid prices.

I hated the Yeezy 2 release. What a load of crap. They didn't even release in my STATE. The closest would have been in Atlanta, and there was no way in hell I was going to drive to another state with no guarantee of purchasing the shoe. Not with hundreds sleeping outside the stores doors. Utter ******g nonsense.

And then, I kept seeing people with 5-10 pairs on IG/Twitter, while I couldn't cop one for myself at retail. I eventually bought 2 pairs at ridiculous reseller prices. That money doesn't go to Nike. Just greedy resellers.

Anyway, my stance on fake crappy knockoffs, made for the uninformed and down right poser wannabe sneakerheads out there has never changed.

But this has actually changed my stance a little. At least with this very specific situation.

Last edited:
Are you dumb? Im all for paying retail and reselling price of reasonable shoes.

But theres gotta be a limit 3g is almost airmag, and for a shoe to cost 200 that aint right.

I can buy myself a holiday and a year on my car insurance or buy a pair of shoes?

These shoes are nice but no shoes are 3k if you got the money then buy all means but to the average homie who got cash, but still got there priorities in check then, its 100% sense to cop these, I didnt buy and support the old yeezybay or any other fakes cus they was ****, but these are absoloutely crazy
Well for the most part 90% of people who wanted these were because of kayne west and if they weren't made by him/worn no one would want them. Most people are going use the pairs from yeezybay and then try to sell as authentics to make a quick buck off someone and not actually use them. Even if you were going use them why ruin it for other people who actually have the real pair and paid 2k+ or got lucky and got it for retail. This ruin the point of buying shoes and the fun of it. Even if you were going wear these why try to buy something you can't afford/don't wanna pay ruin point of evening owning them.

smh...if you want a pair of Yeezy dont settle for fakes.
If you really want them work for them !

I really want them but 3k is just too damn much. With these new fakes coming out I just might give up on getting thee shoe. If it fools the experts I have no chance

I have to admit that I have owned a pair of fakes. I was 9 years old and it was tough on my parents to afford anything. Those shoes were some Nike shox and I still have them to this day(I rarely ever wore them). It was when I began getting learning about sneakers that I found out that they were fake. I never critique the person who wears fakes because I don't know where they are financially. And looking at all these on point replica Yeezy pictures makes me want a pair. I will NEVER drop more than 1k on a shoe that released.

Well for the most part 90% of people who wanted these were because of kayne west and if they weren't made by him/worn no one would want them. Most people are going use the pairs from yeezybay and then try to sell as authentics to make a quick buck off someone and not actually use them. Even if you were going use them why ruin it for other people who actually have the real pair and paid 2k+ or got lucky and got it for retail. This ruin the point of buying shoes and the fun of it. Even if you were going wear these why try to buy something you can't afford/don't wanna pay ruin point of evening owning them.

what... Im sure most who are considering these yeezy custom reps in here can afford real yeezy. I know most arnt making 150k+ a year after taxes, so when it comes to priorities, some just won't drop 1-3k on a single pair of shoe that retailed for 250.

How does it ruin it for people who have real ones if you buy it for your self to wear :x? If people were wearing it cause it was limited those people can go shoot themselves. If you want to wear limited expensive products go to the Italian brands cause thats more worth it.

I personally like the design but since i struck out on NDC, after that I said I dont need these that bad to drop the money people are asking. I never even considered the 1:1 fakes. However what this guy is doing is beyond crazy. He practically building yeezy to the point where they might be 1% off the real ones.

Now those who buy these to rip people off, yeah that does suck and it does ruin it for those who want the real ones. However this is also helping people who would like a pair and cant afford resell or wont ever want to pay resell. In fact its Nike fault for not producing enough which lead to drive in the price causing yeezybay to produce such a high quality rep.

I DO SUGGEST IF YOU WANT REAL SOLAR its probably best to buy ASAP before the messed up people do try to rip you off with these pairs.

The most recent picture of the glow he posted doesnt seem as bright has pictures above. So im not sure if he still able to replicate the glow as well yet.

Last edited:
For some people who rock "fake" sneakers in general on a daily i NEVER will knock them or call them out on it. I understand some people have their struggles and some may have more then others. Just as long as they are happy that they actually got "THAT" close enough looking sneaker then let them be. The only reasoning i can see from people who rocks "fake" sneaker telling people that they have the "real" thing is that they are afraid to be ridicule and made fun of because they are poor? Everything in life should be abundant and enough for everyone to go around but this isn't the case. I didn't have a problem dropping 3g but im not that desperate for them. At the end of the day as long as i am happy for having a pair then thats the only thing should matter. Tho i don't condone buying knockoffs.

I'd rock the Yeezybays. If I paid asking price for the current Yeezy's I wouldnt even wear them, wouldn't wanna ruin them at all. So this is a good alternative to actually being able to wear them to clubs, events etc

what... Im sure most who are considering these yeezy custom reps in here can afford real yeezy. I know most arnt making 150k+ a year after taxes, so when it comes to priorities, some just won't drop 1-3k on a single pair of shoe that retailed for 250.

How does it ruin it for people who have real ones if you buy it for your self to wear
sick.gif
? If people were wearing it cause it was limited those people can go shoot themselves. If you want to wear limited expensive products go to the Italian brands cause thats more worth it.

I personally like the design but since i struck out on NDC, after that I said I dont need these that bad to drop the money people are asking. I never even considered the 1:1 fakes. However what this guy is doing is beyond crazy. He practically building yeezy to the point where they might be 1% off the real ones.

Now those who buy these to rip people off, yeah that does suck and it does ruin it for those who want the real ones. However this is also helping people who would like a pair and cant afford resell or wont ever want to pay resell. In fact its Nike fault for not producing enough which lead to drive in the price causing yeezybay to produce such a high quality rep.

I DO SUGGEST IF YOU WANT REAL SOLAR its probably best to buy ASAP before the messed up people do try to rip you off with these pairs.

The most recent picture of the glow he posted doesnt seem as bright has pictures above. So im not sure if he still able to replicate the glow as well yet.
For one I hate having shoes everybody has unless it a classic release like BC3 or something. If I spend a lot of money on something, I want to feel special with it and im sure you would to. If you can't afford something, you don't have to buy something to showoff and if you really like the design save up for the real ones. Since the joy of having the real pair and working/saving up for them is better imo. To be honest most people are buying these to ripoff people maybe 5% really are using them and from that 5% probably 1% actually like them and not because of the hype.

For one I hate having shoes everybody has unless it a classic release like BC3 or something. If I spend a lot of money on something, I want to feel special with it and im sure you would to. If you can't afford something, you don't have to buy something to showoff and if you really like the design save up for the real ones. Since the joy of having the real pair and working/saving up for them is better imo. To be honest most people are buying these to ripoff people maybe 5% really are using them and from that 5% probably 1% actually like them and not because of the hype.

The beginning of your reply seems to be a common sentiment, nothing wrong with it though!

What I'm saying is that people shouldn't HAVE to save > $1,000 for a shoe that they like.
Resellers and hypebeasts have caused the price to rise that far.

Unfortunate that yes, some people will buy the fakes with the intention of ripping people off, but good for the people who enjoy the shoe for the design/features etc.

Someone brought it up here that when you're buying from a reseller, you're supporting them, not Kanye, Lebron, MJ, or whoever.
Threads like this and the one where Nike is cutting off mom & pop stores are showing an interesting future for the "sneaker game" IMO.

The beginning of your reply seems to be a common sentiment, nothing wrong with it though!

What I'm saying is that people shouldn't HAVE to save > $1,000 for a shoe that they like.

Unfortunate that yes, some people will buy the fakes with the intention of ripping people off, but good for the people who enjoy the shoe for the design/features etc.

Someone brought it up here that when you're buying from a reseller, you're supporting them, not Kanye, Lebron, MJ, or whoever.
Threads like this and the one where Nike is cutting off mom & pop stores are showing an interesting future for the "sneaker game" IMO.

I agree, I understand some people like to have something limited and more rare. However if you want to do that there also plenty of better options for cheaper like New balance colabs etc... that have almost 0 reps. I prefer if everyone is happy and got their shoe over if only a few people who are happy to have a limited pair of shoe. Reason why I loved the bred 11 restocks.(talking unrelated to yeezy)

I personally like the shoe purely design it self. I could careless for kayne or if it was designed for another other rapper. I would like to own a pair too but not at the resellers price point. Just like what he said, buying from resellers are just putting my hard earned money into their pockets. The shoe is priced at retail for $250. Nike doesnt even think its worth $500... so why would I spend more than triple what nike thinks its worth to feed someone who hasnt done anything but was lucky enough to attain a pair.

I dont know how many fakes are sold or who buys them and who tries to intentionally rip people off. Obviously for almost anything and everything there always a good and bad. No point in arguing in that.

I hope there will still be a way to closely tell fakes from the reals so that nobody gets ripped off but at the same time I hope these reps are 100% close.

here their most recent glow picture it doesnt seem as bright as real ones. Can anyone comment if the real ones glow like that or brighter.

You're supporting the people who are making these fakes as well and they are making a profit in the end as well. Yes it wrong to pay $1000+ for any pair of shoes but if you can't afford it or think it too much, there always another shoe you could spend your money on. Why destroy the value of these shoes with these fakes? If these fake pair do look 100% identical this would screw people out who ever tries to sell/trade their real pairs.

Can you not see the toebox? Or the transluscent sole on the bottom? FAKE
I figured they were. just needed to make sure. My cousin was gonna buy them, but i told him to hold off. I'm not a big fan of the Yeezy's so i really don't know what to be checking for when it comes to the real/fake. 

I hate when someone comes in the thread, and gives false info. Those are real. Whatever you think is off is not true at all. Those are legit. Don't confuse the guy if you aren't sure yourself in the first place, please.

I thought these platinums had 3m material?

The Platinum colorway does have 3M wove into toebox mesh area. Like most shoes with 3M, you can only see it under a flash in pictures.

how about you shut your mouth? I was merely pointing out my opinion like you gave yours. How are you 100% sure unless your selling them? Oh wait...
Infact you probably the cat trying to sell these shoes

That doesn't even make sense. Because I know they aren't fake, you obviously have no clue as to what makes a Yeezy 2 sneaker real (in a thread where we spent page after page identifying the tells for fake Yeezy 2s), I'm the one trying to SELL the [real] pair?

Those are real. The toebox is perfect. Hand cut ashy scales perfectly alligned horizontally, correct shape and colorway, etc. There are no fakes on the market [yet] that replicate these features for the Platinum colorway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom