Nike Air Yeezy Red October 2 Thread Officially Released VIA NDC 2/9. No BUYING/SELLING/TRADING.

Nice 
nthat.gif

Got my hands on a pair this week and I've already let them go.

Can't wear them. You put them on and instantly everyone, EVERYONE, do not allow me to understate this, but EVERYONE is going to stop you. Ask you questions. Make remarks. I heard more than a few "Them 5 racks bruh," and "man, you can get a couple stacks for those," on my walk the one day I wore them. If you're a young kid, you will 100% get robbed wearing this shoe in any major city.

It's like wearing Kanye's face on your shoe, it's nothing like wearing any of the other pairs. I've worn my damn Mags before for crying out loud and didn't get this kind of attention.

I have 0 desire to own the Red/Red Air Yeezy II ever again. Just thought I'd share the experience.

View media item 1253532

Seriously... You went out of your way and bought the brightest red, most expensive, most hyped limited sneaker ever released in the history of man.

And your going to complain about getting attention.

That's like buying the loudest, most expensive, bright red rarest Ferrari and taking it for a stroll through central, and saying why are these people looking at me, pointing fingers and making comments.

What did you expect?

Know what I'm saying?

:lol: |I advice, if you really don't want attention or you are insecure of getting robbed, go buy a pair of red converse chucks, and blend in, plenty of cheaper, less attention grabbing red shoes out there :nerd:

Them reds eye catching...

Last edited:
Or he could start lifting in case things get crazy.. just ignore people and don't answer questions. Carry some heat on you just because

Last edited:
Hesitate to wear my solars because of the attention they get too....

But I know what I'm doing anytime I throw them on :nthat:

I think you shouldn't care what people think, wear your shoes and enjoy them in good health :smile:

On that note... imagine how celebs must feel when they step out into public eye, that constant bombardment from strangers and people you never even met, all that unwanted attention and harassment, fans, haters, paps... that would become exhausting, but then again, you know what your signing up for, you can't expect to be rich and famous and not get asked for an autograph/picture or be talked about.

Using that as a weak but valid metaphor.

So I see where op was coming from and how he feels, just not why he didn't expect a lot of attention or a reaction from wearing them, seemed illogical given the nature of the shoe. Hey at least he can take the shoes off lol which he has chosen to do, so problem solved.

Last edited:
Again, like the last guy, you're missing the point. I'm just sharing the experience.

a) I'm not worried about my physical well being.

b) I'm not going to wear a pair of sneakers that even MIGHT require carrying a gun.

If you don't understand that then, IDK.
I had the same experience when I wore my pair downtown Chicago on a Saturday night. Was a terrible experience. Everyone staring. Had one sketchy looking guy walking in front of us turn around a stare a few times, and then he walked into an alley and got on his phone. Definitely did not feel 100% safe that night and probably won't wear them downtown again. 
are we not allowed to discuss the new wave of insane fakes that are about the flood the market?
Those new fakes are insanely close just from looking at the pictures. Looks like they still got the tongue wrong though. Be very interesting to compare these new fakes and a real pair. Only way to tell now is the washers on the lacetips or the rotten egg smell  
laugh.gif

No... see you missed my point. You also tried to be the "funny guy" but hey, it's the Internet, that happens.

More so, my point was, the Red/Red AY2 is a completely different monster than anything else. To the casual person just walking the street included. I wear my Solars pretty regularly. They're comfortable, they're black, I paid $1000 for them, I should wear them. I still wear my Black and my Tan AY1.

To reference your earlier remark comparing them to a Ferrari... yes and no. See, no one automatically believes, "hey there's a Lambo, if I steal it, I can make $250,000," ... because stealing a car isn't practical, you're likely the get caught, and it isn't gonna be easy to fence.

Meanwhile, robbing someone out their sneakers been happening, still happens, and will continue to happen. I was more so just throwing in my two cents experience.

PS. I didn't "go out of my way" to get them. The opp. presented itself for a price I was comfortable with (knowing I could re-sell them immediately and get my $$$ back). I bought them, wore them, wasn't really hot on them to begin with, the extra attention (let me clarify, which I EXPECTED, just not to the extent at which it happened) was just too much. I don't go out to "break necks".

Either way, that's my story. Carry on.

How you gone let another man take your shoes. |I

View media item 1253911

went to vegas recently for the life is beautiful festival... kanye headlined with weeknd opening up for him (outkast & lionel richie the next night, skipped the 3rd)... was a lot of fun.

i brought all 3 Y2's and wore them over the course of about a week.

took all the fit pix at the luxor hotel (the giant pyramid), since it ties into the theme of the Y2's.

traveling with $11k + worth of footwear heat prolly wasn't a good idea, but ya only live once, right? :tongue:

here's the Y2 fits (wish i got up close, clean, on foot shots, but just didn't wanna spend anymore time on it):

15574726859_f6004ef023_c.jpg

15760577485_5a17b515cd_c.jpg

15760575985_ed3739c775_c.jpg

15575766540_694643fa62_c.jpg

15575402537_55ef62f5c8_c.jpg

15575401827_fb63c80d4a_c.jpg

full rotation for the week:

15574725119_51b9161667_c.jpg

solar fit >> my fav. dope shots proto.. nice rotation and thanks for sharing!. Man ive been thinking about coppin those LV.. but ehh not sure.

solar fit >> my fav. dope shots proto.. nice rotation and thanks for sharing!. Man ive been thinking about coppin those LV.. but ehh not sure.

thanx fam.

wish i woulda wore that new all saints leather jacket differently in that shot now, tho...

speaking of the LV's tho, wore those with these 2 fits to go out at night (the weeknd performing at an intimate venue like hakkasan was sick AF):

1234964_10152338007201467_3073313738053749237_n.jpg

10702153_10152338001186467_6770995698473197981_n.jpg

and wore that same all saints jacket with new nudie waxed denim, and black jaspers, to DJ a fashion show the other night:

10511128_10152341423566467_5475296438737653716_n.jpg

10420198_10152343360026467_8674029722588497026_n.jpg

1922309_10152343355571467_2193797754290682125_n.jpg

Is that a Rolex dd/2 you wearing proto? Band looks like it but can't see in pics

You got a mad yeezy collection :smokin ay1, ay2 all colours if I remember right plus the Lv releases

Idk how you got the money for it, :x I remember when the Lv dropped, I though I ain't got the money for that.
Now I look at the resell prices, I think should copped |I

I see your still wearing the shoe shields, ouch. Embrace the creases :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom