NIKE Barkley Posite max

if you're a fan of barkleys like i am you can appreciate da design language used to make these.

nike-air-max2-cb-94-black-white-pure-purple-detailed-look-1.jpg

da teeth, air max bubble, chainlink mesh circles

cb34_3.jpg

graffiti on da bottom ("im not a role model" for da hybrids)

nikebarkley-1997.jpg

peep da swoosh placement

cb4_2_blk_wht_9%5B1%5D.jpg

this is where that big logo in da back's hybrid inspiration comes from.

overall im very pleased with these, they're DOPE...235 is expensive as hell, but if nike makes em limited and throws out a PHX colorway they'll sell

regardless. if they're a limited GR all da goons is copping em and they'll slowly vanish like ALL black based barkleys do.

Pretty much sums it up.

Only thing that these need help with is the price tag.

Nike is genius. Take a model that doesn't sell well... Slap some foamposite on it while the foam hype is at an all time high... Raise the price to $235... and watch the money stack up.

I honestly wish they would have just left foams alone. With all the ridiculous colorways and trying to incorporate foam in all these models, Nike is slowly but surely whoring them out....

Last edited:
This is pretty innovative incorporating a legendary nike athlete and his line of kicks, into a classic sneaker that's only growing rapidly with so many releases. Price tag is a lil steep but, I mean, they'll probably have that same very long term durability as other foam based shoes and they do look sweet nonetheless :smokin ...a 76ers inspired pair would be 2 ill

This is pretty innovative incorporating a legendary nike athlete and his line of kicks, into a classic sneaker that's only growing rapidly with so many releases. Price tag is a lil steep but, I mean, they'll probably have that same very long term durability as other foam based shoes and they do look sweet nonetheless
smokin.gif
...a 76ers inspired pair would be 2 ill
Since foamposites are the new thing..adding them on to these classics while the style is hot was a BIG market strategy. Agree on the price, but these HUNGRY HOBOs will def. camp or cop!!! If I can stumble upon these at the local niketown or store..then i'll cop.........Now release a Phoenix Suns Colorway would make EVERYBODIES panties DROP!
roll.gif

YUCK!

first we got those Jordan fusion&crap, Free and Nike AIR Max hybrids and now Barkley/Foamposites?
No thank you.

I'm not a fan of frankenstein hybrids at all, but I like these. Not this particular colorway though. I'm a Barkley fan above anything so I'm biased to these as opposed to a hybrid Penny or Jordan. I wouldn't cop full price though.What I want to know is this though, if Nike feels like the current roster of athletes are so good, why do they feel the need to continue to make shoes from retired players? Does this concept not speak to the fact that the players from the 80's and 90's were more popular and marketable? It also speaks to the fact that the current shoe designs are trash. That within itself should make you not want these shoes, it insults our intelligence as customers I feel.

I'm not a fan of frankenstein hybrids at all, but I like these. Not this particular colorway though. I'm a Barkley fan above anything so I'm biased to these as opposed to a hybrid Penny or Jordan. I wouldn't cop full price though.What I want to know is this though, if Nike feels like the current roster of athletes are so good, why do they feel the need to continue to make shoes from retired players? Does this concept not speak to the fact that the players from the 80's and 90's were more popular and marketable? It also speaks to the fact that the current shoe designs are trash. That within itself should make you not want these shoes, it insults our intelligence as customers I feel.
nostalgia is a STRONG selling weapon.

imagine nike selling NO retros whatsoever...they would've been no worse for wear then current reebok or current adidas.

I think, just like the zoom rookie, certain color ways will fly off the shelves and others will sit.....Nike seems to be throwing "posite" into a lot of things these days.....

nostalgia is a STRONG selling weapon.

imagine nike selling NO retros whatsoever...they would've been no worse for wear then current reebok or current adidas.

You definitely right about that. It just says a lot about what they are currently producing. In terms of that, I think they are just living off their legacy.

I like 'em! Not enough to pay 235 tho. If I seen 'em on sale or in an outlet I'd go for mine.

price point is tough to handle on these. it's only a matter of time when even more shoes continue to cross the $200+ price point 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom