NIKE Barkley Posite max

I'm loving that iridescent eggplant color on these...not into the shoe itself though

I like em, the colorway is nice and this caught my eye on the home page.

Interested to see what other colorways they draw up. Maybe a PHX inspired colorway or even the old rockets or 76ers colorway

Like the shoe, think the price is obscene. I'd only buy them if I could get them on sale, like I did with the 1/2 Cent. But the way things have been going lately, that seems unlikely. So, I'll save my $235 and use to get 2 or more pair of something else.

I'm not a fan of frankenstein hybrids at all, but I like these. Not this particular colorway though. I'm a Barkley fan above anything so I'm biased to these as opposed to a hybrid Penny or Jordan. I wouldn't cop full price though.What I want to know is this though, if Nike feels like the current roster of athletes are so good, why do they feel the need to continue to make shoes from retired players? Does this concept not speak to the fact that the players from the 80's and 90's were more popular and marketable? It also speaks to the fact that the current shoe designs are trash. That within itself should make you not want these shoes, it insults our intelligence as customers I feel.

nostalgia is a STRONG selling weapon.

imagine nike selling NO retros whatsoever...they would've been no worse for wear then current reebok or current adidas.

Truth. If Nike didn't have retro's on lock, they wouldn't be this huge

price point is tough to handle on these. it's only a matter of time when even more shoes continue to cross the $200+ price point :frown:

The price is definitely high but you gotta expect that being a hybrid shoe with Foamposite materia.

Instead of coming up with ridiculous sneakers @ even more ridiculous prices. Nike should manufacture more retros so they are easier to attain. These aren't even a consideration for purchase.

Honestly I like the 180 air set up ( which is one of the reasons why I like the lebron 9 and penny 5) but the rest is garbage

The jeweled swoosh looks forced on, that cb logo is too big, and too much nubuck and not enough foam. If they gonna charge $235+tax (I live in NYC :x ) at least put some more foam on the shoe.

And the design on the foam material looks uninspired. Reminds me of the pureposite :smh:

video-014501.jpg

video_image-073427.jpg

video_image-073426.jpg

video_image-073424.jpg

video_image-073423.jpg

via SneakerWatch

Let the hype begin... Especially wit the gitd bottom's... These might even be galaxy status for the ASG since it's in houston'

Let the hype begin... Especially wit the gitd bottom's... These might even be galaxy status for the ASG since it's in houston'

The All Star game is in the winter (February) and these shoes are said to be releasing this "Spring 2013" which = has nothing to do with the ASG and this All Star game is not "Galaxy" themed :smh:

That sole tho :smokin. I'm such a Barkley fan and I'm real tempted. I have to see the other colors but that glow in the dark outsole is so tough.

The $235 price tag is not a real big deal to me really because I'm not one of those people who be trying to invest stock into one style of Nike shoe and get every single pair that comes out. So I know these will be the "ONLY" pair I will go for the same way I did with the Nike Hyperposites which had a pricey tag of $225 I only bought the Fireberry colorway because that was the only pair I really wanted. Bottom line spending $235 one time for 1 pair/colorway of these Barkley Posites that you really want isn't really that bad now if you one of those people who try to get like EVERY colorway and buy like 5 different pair spending around $1175 before taxes then I can feel your heartache :frown: but let's be serious the price tag isn't really that mind blowing especially considering how much sought after shoes go for these days

The All Star game is in the winter (February) and these shoes are said to be releasing this "Spring 2013" which = has nothing to do with the ASG and this All Star game is not "Galaxy" themed :smh:

It may be true but the ASG is in Houston(tribute to his playing days) so it could be a very limited release during AS weekend then come Spring time they'll be a GR. Ppl go crazy for them because they couldn't get them during the first run or didn't want to pay exorbitant amounts on the resale. Instant sell out. Same song different story with how Nike is doing things.

Last edited:
It may be true but the ASG is in Houston(tribute to his playing days) so it could be a very limited release during AS weekend then come Spring time they'll be a GR. Ppl go crazy for them because they couldn't get them during the first run or didn't want to pay exorbitant amounts on the resale. Instant sell out. Same song different story with how Nike is doing things.

But I thought the theme for the ASG this year was suppose to be camo, based on how the Foamposite Ones look and there February release date and if you ask me this Barkley Posite colorway looks more like a Phoenix Suns colorway for when he played for the Suns, with the all that black & purple in it than a Houston Rocket colorway

Back
Top Bottom