Nike did $7.7 BILLION in revenue in only three months

Example of the Yeezy effect

These shoes look like they could pass as a Yeezy design, but because his name is not attached to them, hypebeasts aren't lining up for days or doing endless raffles for them

adidas-tubular-2.jpg

If I told you these were the Yeezy Boost 550 mid tho

Y'all would be thirsting
Same with the Jordan effect, lebron effect etc. People buy shoes mainly because who's name is attached to em that's why these dudes get these huge deals. Let the new brons not have his name attached to em, nobody would care and they would be ugly bully Nike's. Them joints nice BTW those should be a Sig for them. Should be the Wiggins or hardens

Last edited:
I have no brand loyalty and wear both but Adidas newer **** look better. I own 0 pair of yeezys also, if I ever stumbled on some they would be sold for 1000+ since that's what u dummies are paying.

Example of the Yeezy effect

These shoes look like they could pass as a Yeezy design, but because his name is not attached to them, hypebeasts aren't lining up for days or doing endless raffles for them

If I told you these were the Yeezy Boost 550 mid tho

Y'all would be thirsting

no bs

i agree

Same with the Jordan effect, lebron effect etc. People buy shoes mainly because who's name is attached to em that's why these dudes get these huge deals. Let the new brons not have his name attached to em, nobody would care and they would be ugly bully Nike's. Them joints nice BTW those should be a Sig for them. Should be the Wiggins or hardens
i get ya point but the way the sigs have been looking and selling lately, i dont think anyone is buying them kicks but hardcore fans (no one buying them lebrons and kds no matter the name attached)..lol.......yeezy on the other hand is a resellers dream at the moment...the resellable kicks get instant love for obvious reasons

Its actually dudes out here thats feeling the yeezys for real idk why but they like em. If they didn't they wouldn't be reselling like crazy. Lord let me get my hand on 5 pair, its like hitting the lottery.

Most of the people in here seem to be discussing Retros and Basketball as if that made Nike it's 7.7 Billion.

I really urge you guys to check out the size of the Basketball, Jordan and Sportswear sections at your local factory store or Flagship stores and compare them to Running/Training.

I think a lot of people underestimate Nike's reach in the running and training market.

Someone mentioned Nike hasn't had any new tech... Well that is not true at all. They just launched their AeroReact apparel this year. Adaptive Apparel that reacts to the sweat you produce and your body temperature. The fibers will actually open and close depending on these two things.

I understand that some people are not interested in anything other than lifestyle categories but there are reasons why Nike is at the top of the food chain. Right now it seems most companies are in the big footrace to grab the "Sneaker Community", for lack of better words, so why would Nike even try to compete when they've had that market in a stronghold for quite sometime. They have decided to go a different route.

Always innovating in Running but we saw them with more of a focus on training with the Metcon and most recently the Free Trainer 1.0.

When all these other companies are focused on one thing it leaves big gapes in other categories and The Swoosh will always swoop in and capitalize.

Its actually dudes out here thats feeling the yeezys for real idk why but they like em. If they didn't they wouldn't be reselling like crazy. Lord let me get my hand on 5 pair, its like hitting the lottery.
there are alot of dudes who just want them because every celebrity has a pair on and they will be accepted as cool because they have them....this goes for kids and adults, mostly adults because i dont see a majority of kids trying to be like kanye fashion wise.

In the real running scene Nike gets no respect.

New Balance, Asics, and Saucony rule that world

Last edited:
To be honest, nothing any these brand right now can really bring to the table to beat Nike. The history is just too rich with Nike and they just got the strangle hold on most sports (is it even far fetch to say all major sports?) and top players. I mean 62% in the US and the next one is 5%.

In the real running scene Nike gets no respect.

New Balance, Asics, and Saucony rule that world

While true I do believe Nike is gaining ground, some have even made a turn. Maybe not all purist runners will switch sides but "athleisure" trend is definitely bringing in big bucks for the swoosh.

Last edited:
Another market nike has a strangle hold on is the "monarch market"

Not everyone is into the types of nikes NT is into.

Stores like shoe carnival...rack room...jc penny......sears....kohls....sports authority. ..various navy exchanges scattered around the world.

They sell those nikes that none of us know the name of.

Youve seen em....maybe the middle aged guy with his kids in the park...the old man who still likes to walk for excercise....the yugio player. ...mexicans at the flea market.....little kids in suburbia.....go into any wal mart at any time youll see someone wearing those nikes....monarchs are the best selling nike shoe i believe or were

That is a HUGE market.

Last edited:
Nike has so many brands besides the Swoosh. Such as Starter (sold), Umbro (sold), Converse, and Hurley Int'l.

Another market nike has a strangle hold on is the "monarch market"

Not everyone is into the types of nikes NT is into.

Stores like shoe carnival...rack room...jc penny......sears....kohls....sports authority. ..various navy exchanges scattered around the world.

They sell those nikes that none of us know the name of.

Youve seen em....maybe the middle aged guy with his kids in the park...the old man who still likes to walk for excercise....the yugio player. ...mexicans at the flea market.....little kids in suburbia.....go into any wal mart at any time youll see someone wearing those nikes....monarchs are the best selling nike shoe i believe or were

That is a HUGE market.
i hear ya....for the most part, but latino (wont say just mexican), surburbia kids and the yugio players probably make up the majority of niketalk.....lol.....sneakers are their way to being cool nowadays.....i base this off of every sneaker convention picture ive ever seen.....lol

Naww the people im speaking of dont know nt.....or foamposite.....yeezy.....sb......retro jordans.....i cant explain it but its a MASSIVE group.

U know what im talkin about man lol.

not necessarily poor or rich...just uninterested but need something athletic on theif feet.

Naww the people im speaking of dont know nt.....or foamposite.....yeezy.....sb......retro jordans.....i cant explain it but its a MASSIVE group.

U know what im talkin about man lol.

not necessarily poor or rich...just uninterested but need something athletic on theif feet.
lol...i completely understand you...i was just messing witcha

I wouldn't say they're a low end version. Just like Nike, Adidas recycles and reuses designs.
Well, the qasa highs retail at 400 while the tubulars are just 100 something. Same for the low's.

Even at a discount qasas are still 100 plus difference as opposed to a marked down version of tubulars which are just 80 bucks...

Perhaps saying Tubulars were the poor mans qasa is more fitting?

Last edited:
Well, the qasa highs retail at 400 while the tubulars are just 100 something. Same for the low's.

Even at a discount qasas are still 100 plus difference as opposed to a marked down version of tubulars which are just 80 bucks...

Perhaps saying Tubulars were the poor mans qasa is more fitting?

I mean would just say they both make use of the tubular sole and that's pretty much it. The same way dub zeros use the same sole as 4s. Other than that their uppers are pretty significantly different if you ask me.

tubulars are trash

the sole gets eaten alive by concrete

also not really safe to drive in them, no traction with the pedals

Last edited:
that's pretty good for saucony. i was talking to a friend of mine who quit nike and went back to work for converse and we were discussing the resurgence of brands like diadora and le coq sportif. pretty interesting.

The only brand Nike is remotely concerned about is UA......

UA found their goose with Steph Curry, he's their Jordan....Nike is second tier in soccer,football, and hockey (gear-not apparel)

Nike will remain number 1 and continue to be for 3 reasons.

1. Profit, as far as turning in a profit they are second to none, as an employee they tell you that they make all of their money at the clearance store, naw. They make most of their money from online sales and have done so continually for the past 7 years.  Minimal overhead with cheap materials = $

2. R&D in pretty much every area except retro quality of product has increased, also their marketing is second to none. no need to elaborate on that. They reinvest their money back into the company and are constantly changing the look of their niketown locations.

3. Customer service- Their customer service is second to none. Free shipping. Excellent return policy, and partnerships with very good companies- apple, amex ect......

I never buy stocks above 20$ but I would put money on the fact that NKE stock will continue to rise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom