Nike Doernbecher X freestyle collection 2013

Here is @DarrenRovell and I having a chat this morning about this. I will continue to tweet to media about this until Nike changes their release mechanism for both TLO and RSVP so that its not continually exploited by people making money off of sick children.
Good job AirJason, keep it up.

Hopefully if Rovell says something on TV, Nike will take notice and change something.

Im not a reseller but if they were sold by Nike then its benefiting the children, but I agree that Nike should do something about the rsvp process. But reality is whatever Nike does someone will find a way around it

I can't hate if a person have friends and family line up. A person can get an adult size and one gs. Dont allow the same person to leave with one then comeback for another

Last edited:
The initial sale of the shoes is benefitting Doernbecher. I'm not focused on the retail sale. The RESALE that the people who exploited the release mechanism with will, at the end of the day, end up with more money benefitting them then the kids at Doernbecher. Do we really have to discuss why this is a problem?

dam snitches get stiches and sheit......
laugh.gif
Who is he snitching on??? NikeDallas???  He has the right to be upset if someone gets 40 pairs and he can't get one.  The store should have used common sense and cap the purchase 1 per person.  

Who is he snitching on??? NikeDallas???  He has the right to be upset if someone gets 40 pairs and he can't get one.  The store should have used common sense and cap the purchase 1 per person.  
It was more of a joke to be taken lightly....

The initial sale of the shoes is benefitting Doernbecher. I'm not focused on the retail sale. The RESALE that the people who exploited the release mechanism with will, at the end of the day, end up with more money benefitting them then the kids at Doernbecher. Do we really have to discuss why this is a problem?

Sure this is a problem. But what is your solution? Either

1 - Nike could just put DB's straight to eBay and auction off each pair (just like the Air Mags). Therefore it cuts out the middle man/resellers and the money each shoe makes goes straight to the Children's Hospital. But that takes out our chances of getting any of these shoes at a reasonable price.

or

2 - Nike could do an instore raffle system with tickets. Which levels the playing field for everyone. But it still doesn't solve the problem of where the money, after these shoes are resold, go to.

or

3 - Nike could just produce millions of these shoes and give all that money to the Children's Hospital. *Playing Devil's Advocate here* . Half the reason ppl buy these (sometimes hideous designs) is because they are extremely limited. But I don't see Nike mess up themselves and their image to have these shoes sit on store shelves and hit the outlets

Pick your poison. Currently, sometimes we win some, sometimes we lose some, but it seems to be the only viable option right now.

Sure this is a problem. But what is your solution? Either

1 - Nike could just put DB's straight to eBay and auction off each pair (just like the Air Mags). Therefore it cuts out the middle man/resellers and the money each shoe makes goes straight to the Children's Hospital. But that takes out our chances of getting any of these shoes at a reasonable price.

or

2 - Nike could do an instore raffle system with tickets. Which levels the playing field for everyone. But it still doesn't solve the problem of where the money, after these shoes are resold, go to.

or

3 - Nike could just produce millions of these shoes and give all that money to the Children's Hospital. *Playing Devil's Advocate here* . Half the reason ppl buy these (sometimes hideous designs) is because they are extremely limited. But I don't see Nike mess up themselves and their image to have these shoes sit on store shelves and hit the outlets

Pick your poison. Currently, sometimes we win some, sometimes we lose some, but it seems to be the only viable option right now.
Nike is generating billions of dollars every year and growing year after year.  So my questions to many in here... Why would they change their business model??  They are well aware of the resellers which drive the market and "HYPE", they know which shoes to mass produce and which one to release in limit quantity.   Do you memba de 90's??? Well back then I just walked into my favorite footlocker and just grab my favorite pair of J's for $125, the revenue then for Nike was like 1/5 of their latest results.   Below for the general knowledge is the revenue trend for Nike since 1995.     Looking at this chart why would they change their current business strategy?

Last edited:
That Nike Revenue chart is funny. You can see in '98 how sales started to go down., could that because someone retires. Then they go back up early 2000's when someone cam back to the Wiz and then they level out after. Then when the Jordan brand focused more and more on retros the revenues start creeping back up until this year where you can see they have down to science with retros and lebrons and foams.

That Nike Revenue chart is funny. You can see in '98 how sales started to go down., could that because someone retires. Then they go back up early 2000's when someone cam back to the Wiz and then they level out after. Then when the Jordan brand focused more and more on retros the revenues start creeping back up until this year where you can see they have down to science with retros and lebrons and foams.
Yeah, one can clearly see the pattern.   They will continue to focus on their basketball business and push the retros some GR others QS.  With this younger breed of shoe collectors being introduced to the industry  there's no stopping Nike biz strategy for a while.

same address shouldnt get megged tho. Maybe same cc info?
yeah I used a prepaid walmart card but billing and shipping were the same as my other order because it had forgot to chance it and it was saved under the nike account I used

Good news for anyone still looking ... Niketown ATL still had a Medium & does phone orders. I took the last M, but they might have other sizes

I'd call other small cities that got these in if ATL is sold out in your size.

Back
Top Bottom