Nike Dunk ORCHARD ST. UPDATE...PICS

these are dope-ish but they remind me of some easy customs i think hype is just carring these to the top of peoples list

They look like GR white/red with painted on yellow and a black painted swoosh. Nothing special in my opinion.
Lol. That's exactly what they are. Like I said before, AMAZING marketing campaign, which is what gives them value. The sentimental valuegreatly outweighs the colorway or quality of the custom job. I still wouldn't mind owning a pair though.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

They aight

laugh.gif
that was exactly what i was going to say. exactly.

i'd rather have the green/orange pair.

deadstokc made a pretty good iD-a-like of those.
smokin.gif

must be on somethin if u think I'll pay a 1000+ for custom painted sneakers.

its was a cool marketing campaign but im sure if it was a real company they'll never do it. just imagin all of the lawsuits

uglier than bubba sparxx...i might as well purchase a pair of all white dunks n have my 2 year old cousin color on them and say they are 1/1 and sell them onebay for an obscene amount of money too.

Originally Posted by whoseurdaddy27

uglier than bubba sparxx...i might as well purchase a pair of all white dunks n have my 2 year old cousin color on them and say they are 1/1 and sell them on ebay for an obscene amount of money too.

laugh.gif
he's mad

Thanks for info, MetalManEd

Minus the rarity, these are nothing special. If these were a GR at FootLocker, you'd walk right by.

Originally Posted by retrosneakerz23

Originally Posted by whoseurdaddy27

uglier than bubba sparxx...i might as well purchase a pair of all white dunks n have my 2 year old cousin color on them and say they are 1/1 and sell them on ebay for an obscene amount of money too.

laugh.gif
he's mad

yup
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
dude was going really hard for no reason

^^^ NP Flint. The only reason the shoes go for so much is the way they were marketed and the hype and urban legend surrounding them!!! They really aren'tanything special but it just goes to show you what hype can do to sell a shoe!!! People will pay money for them just because they can say "I have one ofthose shoes from that marketing campaign"!!! The OS line REALLY took off after this because of the folklore of the shoe giveaway, I mean who else doesthat??? Big ups to Greg for coming up with that one... Genius!!!

The best pic I've ever seen of them was in a press release and there is a pic of 2 guys working for sanitation with their truck under the light pole andthem standing on top of the garbage truck to get the kicks off the street light... PRICELESS SHOT!!!!

if they released in footlockers everywere this thread wouldn't exist.

but a fine marketing strategy i must say....

if they released in footlockers everywere this thread wouldn't exist.

but a fine marketing strategy i must say....

I personally love the green/orange OS IIs, but really any shoe that is highly coveted has a story behind it and that is what makes us want it. If Heineken SBsdidn't have the whole lawsuit saga with them they wouldn't sell for as much as they do. If Diamond Dunks weren't so hyped and the stories fromtheir release weren't so widespread in the mainstream half of the "collectors" these days would still not know what a Dunk SB was compared to aregular Dunk.

I hear all the talk about being an easy custom to do, but doing these as a custom now is terribly un-original.

Just my opinion though. Congrats on the OS I pick-up!!!

i actually made some ACE 83's in the same colorway before them its a dope colorway but their paint job is weak... i made the dunks too after theres thoughbut i still think min look cleaner:.

Back
Top Bottom