Nike Factory Friends & Family 30% Sale May 3rd-6th

Nike Outlets have been really stubborn about giving out coupons as opposed to a few years ago.

A few years back I could walk into my outlet the last day of the sale and just ask for one. Now you can go a week before and dudes act like they don't know what you're talking about or that they don't have any left.

A few people I know have been turned down days before the event so I know it's not just me.

Originally Posted by nimhet

Originally Posted by aFamous

dudes at the few outlets I've been to have been aholes about the coupons. I've asked a few times and have always been shot down. They give some lame excuse like you have to be given one by an employee and won't give me one while I'm in the store. I got lucky once where someone just left a coupon in the store and I picked it up and used it. If anyone is willing to help me out (especially if you are in socal), please PM me. thanks.

It's not a lame excuse at all. A lot of store managers don't let their employees hand them out in store to regular customers because they are for "family and friends". If it's not for family and friends then what is the point of calling it that? Might as well just give 30% to everyone who asks then.
So one of the employees told me that they went to a local high school and gave it to all the kids there and another one said they walked around the outlet mall and passed them to the other stores.  Are you telling me all those high school kids and other stores are their friends?  They got the coupons just from pure luck. 

I don't get why Nike doesn't email loyal customers like me these discounts when they know I spend thousands of dollars each year at their stores instead of just giving these to some random people. 

Thats that outlet. I didn't say all outlets are like that. Each outlet controls what they want to do with their coupons. Some get less then others and some get an outrageous amount. But yes the idea is to bring in new customers. If you are a loyal customer and they KNOW who you are they should give you one IMO. If they don't know who you are or you just come up to them and ask for a coupon, I wouldn't give you one either its just rude. But thats just my opinion.

It's not even that hard to get one. All you have to do is befriend an employee and more then likely you will get one. Just don't go up to them and ask for one. Thats the same exact thing as just asking for a discount. You have to talk your way into one and have a comfortable environment with one another.

Im going to the one in Mass. Im Souped its about an hour away but I'm taking a chance no matter what. I might be able to get some old Kobes and whatever I can find......

Originally Posted by AGrownAssMan

Im going to the one in Mass. Im Souped its about an hour away but I'm taking a chance no matter what. I might be able to get some old Kobes and whatever I can find......
I'm gonna stop by there too. They usually have decent stuff there.

Originally Posted by aFamous

dudes at the few outlets I've been to have been aholes about the coupons. I've asked a few times and have always been shot down. They give some lame excuse like you have to be given one by an employee and won't give me one while I'm in the store. I got lucky once where someone just left a coupon in the store and I picked it up and used it. If anyone is willing to help me out (especially if you are in socal), please PM me. thanks.

It's not a lame excuse at all. A lot of store managers don't let their employees hand them out in store to regular customers because they are for "family and friends". If it's not for family and friends then what is the point of calling it that? Might as well just give 30% to everyone who asks then.
So one of the employees told me that they went to a local high school and gave it to all the kids there and another one said they walked around the outlet mall and passed them to the other stores.  Are you telling me all those high school kids and other stores are their friends?  They got the coupons just from pure luck. 

I don't get why Nike doesn't email loyal customers like me these discounts when they know I spend thousands of dollars each year at their stores instead of just giving these to some random people. 

well then hop on one of the coupons they give out then. sounds like a lot of "they told me this and that". rules are rules. and not every employee is going to follow those set of rules. so if they were handing them all out around the mall you should be there to get one then.

They give out like 10 booklets to each employee so thats like 30 coupons for each employee to hand out, I know most employees dont give out that much and end up just throwing a majority away.  I may be able to help out some NT'ers if anyone is in the ATX area, pm me

I remember the last friends and family I went to the Orange Nike and asked a few employees and they all said they didn't have anymore coupons, I decided to buy some shorts anyways and the cashier gave me 30% off and my receipt said friends and family discount.  The cashier was one of the employees I asked if she had any coupons and she told me no, but rang me up with the discount.  I don't know how often this happens, but it worked for me

^^^They do have generic friends and family bar codes they can scan by their registers. Its definitely up to the store manager in the location. And also how much sales they have for the day. If they are behind, then they start giving away the coupons so people buy more.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by DEpast

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Anyone with extra coupons willing to hook it up?

Not trying to be a d1ck, but why don't you drive to your nearest outlet and pick one up like the rest of us?

Because some people up here will gladly send out coupons if you pay for shipping or give a tip.

And if you didn't want to be a ****, you should have thought first, and not posted.

NT used to be about helping fellow sneakerheads out.

And lets not forget that most of us don't live near an outlet (closest one to me is an hour and fifteen) so why waste the gas on something that's not a certainty?

I live 82 miles from my nearest outlet, just for the record.

We all have to grind for these damn coupons. Live with it.

Can somone just scan the coupon, upload, and share it? Hypothetically, if I had a family member out of state that worked at the outlet and email me one, would they take it?

Struck out at my local outlet also. Please PM me if anyone got extras laying around.

So we definitely need a coupon? Should I go ask someone at the outlet for one?
nerd.gif

just had a conversation on the phone with my outlet...guy told me they will not give coupons out to people asking, smh.

anyone have extras please pm....

What kind of outlets are you guys going to?

I had my girlfriend ask one of the male employee's

He gave her two pages of coupons.

I asked a male and female. Got rejected.

Women for the win.

Originally Posted by Ltra1n

Can somone just scan the coupon, upload, and share it? Hypothetically, if I had a family member out of state that worked at the outlet and email me one, would they take it?

Can't do a scan and upload.  Each coupon is unique.

Yeah you can have it mailed to you.
I had a NTer send me one from Florida and I'm in Cali.

Originally Posted by lockdown36

Women for the win.

I did the same thing. Had my wife ask for a coupon, and the male worker gave her a couple of 'em. I asked for a coupon and got shot down twice.

Originally Posted by JSEspero916

Women for the win.

I did the same thing. Had my wife ask for a coupon, and the male worker gave her a couple of 'em. I asked for a coupon and got shot down twice.

#FirstWorldProblems
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JSEspero916

Women for the win.

#FirstWorldProblems
eyes.gif

I'm going to try this and see what happens....sending the wifey in to do some work...lol

If anyone can help me get some coupons well you know the deal....

Good idea on using wife/gf to ask for coupons I'm a try this today and my local
Outlet hope it goes well could really use some new shorts an ball shoes.

I got shout down on (3) outlets this weekend., two of the outlets I even visit weekly.
What pulls my chain is that I try to post the outlet deals for the fellow members which then translates to sales for the outlets and Nike.
What's the big deal about throwing a very good customer a coupon.

Back
Top Bottom