Nike Flyknit Free Run June/July 2013

I was in Paris this weekend for the last day of Le Tour so thought I'd try to pick up Paris city pack version on Sat 20th July as release date given by Nike. Did not know where they would be released so took a chance on Nike La Marais was waiting when shop opened to be told they were not getting them and try Niketown Paris which is about 3 miles away but when I got there no one knew anything about the shoe, Eventually found that Collette were only shop getting shoe and had one size run going on sale 11 a,m Mon 22nd July

Was not going back to London until Monday afternoon so took a chance on going back to Collette on Monday morning. Got there at 8-30 and only 2 other people waiting. got talking as best we could as my French is terrible and they were surprised that more people were not there but possibly due to it bring a Monday release.Also found out they were selling London and Tokyo versions as well as Paris, Another lad turned up who spoke excellent English so had a chat about the differences between London and Paris where it seems picking up limited releases is a bit easier than London and people buy to wear rather than sell like the London hypebeast morons  

The guy I spoke in the shop saturday came out about 10 to reserve our shoes. the other lads took London version I had Paris as I like the blue and they would serve as a reminder of a great weekend, I went back later in the day to get a shirt and they still had some shoes but only small sizes

I got a UK size 10 which is my true size and fit fine with thin socks I saw some Flyknit socks in Niketown Paris but not in my size but might try and get a pair in London

Regards availability as well as the 3 versions they had they were expecting other city packs as they released so when New York releases you may get other city pairs as well as I thought each city would only get their own version, does anyone know if 1948 London got Paris and Tokyo as well as London

Also heads up to the staff at Collette who were all helpful to a bumbling Englishman

My buddy that works in London got me the Paris version at 1948 Saturday a little bit after noon when they opened. They got all three cities. I believe NT London had the three cities, too.

Last edited:
My buddy that works in London got me the Paris version at 1948 Saturday a little bit after noon when they opened. They got all three cities. I believe NT London had the three citified, too.
Nikes european distribution is puzzling they do not sell in their own Paris stores but then put them in 2 London stores still think they should have put each city version in  the relevant city only. Think the 3 day notice prior to release kept hype down and all the hypebeasts spending £200 on Lebron Mints Saturday morning

Hold up did you say flyknit Socks?? :nerd: Haven't heard or seen anything about flyknit socks before

Last edited:
Hold up did you say flyknit Socks??
nerd.gif
Haven't heard or seen anything about flyknit socks before
I could have swore they where on ndc like 6 months ago, but I've been casually looking for em since and havent seen/heard of em....thought I maybe imagined it....

They are in the outlets around my area. I originally bought the volt pair from NDC. Really like the sock, but the "volt" is now a sad yellow/ orange color.

I tried these on at my local running store (they have them on sale now) and they are pretty comfortable.  The running store had the Game Royal/White/Blue Glow[font=helvetica, sans-serif]  [/font][font=helvetica, sans-serif]available.  I then went to Footlocker at Lenox & they had the red/blue & volt colorway on the shelve.  I was very tempted to grab a pair, but I know once they drop they'll be a Sports Authority sale where I can cop for under retail.  I like the shoe, but the 160.00 isn't sweet.[/font]

Does anyone have Fit Pics of the LONDON version from All Angels? Is it just me or does it look almost identical to the regular black/grey on the Nike.com? 

The Flyknit socks are real I own a pair. They are basically Nike "elite" running socks. Very little padding and very lightweight. That being said I tore mine on the second use :frown:. Probably because a large fits 8-12 and I am an 11.5.

Hold up did you say flyknit Socks?? :nerd: Haven't heard or seen anything about flyknit socks before

I could have swore they where on ndc like 6 months ago, but I've been casually looking for em since and havent seen/heard of em....thought I maybe imagined it....

They did have Flyknit Socks. Look like this:

Ahh ok...I own a pair of the all black ones. Didn't know they were flyknit socks :lol: thought they were something wild and different for some reason....

Any info on the city pack dropping online :nerd: Hopefully they drop on NDC cause I won't have a chance if its just a few stores :smh:

I desperately hope RRS has them for VIP price. I was going to get adidas Energy Boosts from them but VIP doesn't apply because adidas wouldn't let them. $130 shipped from RRS is always nice for flyknits :smile:

Back
Top Bottom