Nike Foamposites with Dyed Soles

Is this process hard to mess up? I've always wanted to do this with some of my retro jordans but I never been brave enough

What did you use? Royal Blue Ritt (Bottle)?

Hi all, sorry I am late to the party.

I live in the UK and have a couple of questions.

1: Would this work on Nike Air 3's?

2: How permanent is this?

I have a pair of trainers that I want to dye the whole soles black. Been on Ebay and only found one seller with "Sea Bond" available (last one?) and have not found any local suppliers. I have tried 'plastic' bumper paint in the past, but it wears off the sole when used outside. Also 'cracks' around the heel show up after heavy use.

Any speedy reply would be helpful thanks.

Sorry, maybe should post a pic. These are the one's I wanna dye.

These are the ones I tried with bumper paint.

And this was the result.

Hi all, sorry I am late to the party.

I live in the UK and have a couple of questions.

1: Would this work on Nike Air 3's?

2: How permanent is this?

I have a pair of trainers that I want to dye the whole soles black. Been on Ebay and only found one seller with "Sea Bond" available (last one?) and have not found any local suppliers. I have tried 'plastic' bumper paint in the past, but it wears off the sole when used outside. Also 'cracks' around the heel show up after heavy use.

Any speedy reply would be helpful thanks.
I think this is the wrong thread for this...but...I dunno if there really is anything that won't crack. Even nike paint cracks on a lot of shoes (ie: Jordan IV's, AM 90's, Trainers, etc.)

In the past, I'd do a coat of Angelus, then a coat of shellac, then a coat of Angelus, a coat of shellac, and then one more coat of each and that seemed to last for a while...a real pain but you might just try mixing a bunch of different methods...something is bound to stick (haha)

Thanks for an answer. If I find one that works on the whole sole, I will post 
smile.gif

Might just colour the sides and forget the sole?

Last edited:

Thanks for an answer. If I find one that works on the whole sole, I will post 
smile.gif

Might just colour the sides and forget the sole?
Well, anywhere on the midsole or sole (anything rubber) is probably going to crack...the compression and natural elasticity is what the issue is...

I'd just try a few different things if I were you. 

Back
Top Bottom