Nike Freak 5

They can’t give these away…

1711125152615.png

Kinda funny because they’re on par with other low end sigs like Ja and Sabrina 1 from a performance aspect… just don’t look as good

$30? Price might be obsolete at this point but where was this? I'd pay $30 for some new hooping shoes

They can’t give these away…

1711125152615.png

Kinda funny because they’re on par with other low end sigs like Ja and Sabrina 1 from a performance aspect… just don’t look as good
Aside from the TB and the white/black GR, all of the shoes released have been in clashing, irregular, or pastel colors, and often times all three of those are at play. The colors aren't versatile for everyday wear.

KDs have often had that issue with the colors the past few years, too, but his model is more aesthetically pleasing this year than the Freak 5s (it'll look better even if you used the same colors as the Freak 5s) and you have a longer built-in fanbase for that sig along with more technology, all of which help sales for that model.

Aside from the TB and the white/black GR, all of the shoes released have been in clashing, irregular, or pastel colors, and often times all three of those are at play. The colors aren't versatile for everyday wear.

KDs have often had that issue with the colors the past few years, too, but his model is more aesthetically pleasing this year than the Freak 5s (it'll look better even if you used the same colors as the Freak 5s) and you have a longer built-in fanbase for that sig along with more technology, all of which help sales for that model.

I agree, but the overall design just seems very lazy as well. Nothing flashy or slick about then at all...nothing that makes these look good. The Sabrinas are really aesthetically pleasing. These just have an annoyingly oversized swoosh slapped on the side and that's it. One design aspect of these I do like is the stitching on the toebox...that is a great little feature. Looking forward to the next one...hopefully they finally give Giannis the sig he deserves

Man screw what yall are talking about but the first pair of Freak 5 the Green and Red pair are 🔥🔥. Thanks for reminding me I have them. I probably rock casually this weekend

I know this is NT and we shun on budget models but the Immortality line is super popular with younger kids… probably because they’re always on sale and there’s tons of colorways out there. Whenever I’m at one of kids games I always see a lot of them on feet.

I know this is NT and we shun on budget models but the Immortality line is super popular with younger kids… probably because they’re always on sale and there’s tons of colorways out there. Whenever I’m at one of kids games I always see a lot of them on feet.

Not even just younger kids either. I haven't played with the dude in a few years but a guy I used to ball with who used to play sports for his high school would play in them. Gettin locked up by a dude in those lets you know they aren't bad at all. They kept coming untied on him but other than that did well for him.

Needed new outdoor ball kicks, DSG had the black/white for $50 so no brainer for me. Tried the Immortality first but it was pretty snug with a half size up still. The 5’s were very comfy. Color is basic but for $50 whatever.

Back
Top Bottom