Nike Free Trainer 5.0 TB (3/28/13)

UT will sell Nike gear just fine. Any team that averages 100k at games will have zero problems 
Didn't doubt these will sell well. I'm thinking about whether Nike will be able to give UT the kind of nationwide branding that it has for the Ducks (I know the motivation is not there for UT like it is for Ducks) or other big schools that aren't quite at the legendary level. To me, given Manning and Reggie White and the other talents that have come through Neyland, I should see Vols gear wherever I go as I do with us, with Duke, with Bama etc instead of just regionally. I don't think Adidas was really their problem. Maybe if they return to prominence in SEC football AND challenge in hoops things will change.

tumblr_lsulgwcZMd1r4vc5no1_250.gif

I had to break from the Dunk thread :lol:

I had a 12 in my cart but didn't check out went back to work and I see all of the Tennessee ones are sold out. Now my friend is texting me about getting a pair lol. They aren't releasing anywhere else only NDC, right?

I had a 12 in my cart but didn't check out went back to work and I see all of the Tennessee ones are sold out. Now my friend is texting me about getting a pair lol. They aren't releasing anywhere else only NDC, right?

Other spots had them but from what I can tell they're all gone.

Didn't doubt these will sell well. I'm thinking about whether Nike will be able to give UT the kind of nationwide branding that it has for the Ducks (I know the motivation is not there for UT like it is for Ducks) or other big schools that aren't quite at the legendary level. To me, given Manning and Reggie White and the other talents that have come through Neyland, I should see Vols gear wherever I go as I do with us, with Duke, with Bama etc instead of just regionally. I don't think Adidas was really their problem. Maybe if they return to prominence in SEC football AND challenge in hoops things will change.
Dude anything UTxNike will sell right now due to UT fans being hype abt the switch.  U can't compare any school to Oregon on a national level because they ARE Nike. Vols gear aint sell well cuz it was with 3 stripes plain and simple lol. UT has a huge fan base so their fans will scoop any new Nike gear since its fresh. Same thing will happen with Michigan. 

Of course winning will bring hype as well, with any school.

Last edited:
Woke up an hour after release and was still able to pick up a 9 and a 9.5 on the Duck trainers. Surprised they didn't sell out

Woke up an hour after release and was still able to pick up a 9 and a 9.5 on the Duck trainers. Surprised they didn't sell out

because most duck die hards want what the players are wearing and not released to the public

the players will have these

View media item 1669613

Last edited:
Hopefully they release to the public too! Fortunately I think the white ones look the best out of the three so I'm glad those are the released ones.

yeah I agree the white look the best out of the 3

The all blacks are killer tho with the 3M

should have had a apple green bottom

rumor there is a yellow pair

Last edited:
You know oregon will release yellow ones, the green ones, the black ones, an probably think pink ones like they did last year

You know oregon will release yellow ones, the green ones, the black ones, an probably think pink ones like they did last year

I hope so

for now it just the white ones

I know Nike sent most Nike athletes the green pair which is not a good sign because most of the rare Oregon stuff that gets sent to other Nike athletes doesnt get releases ie Zoom Revis, Retro 3s 4s 5s and so on

Last edited:
I hope so

for now it just the white ones

I know Nike sent most Nike athletes the green pair which is not a good sign because most of the rare Oregon stuff that gets sent to other Nike athletes doesnt get releases ie Zoom Revis, Retro 3s 4s 5s and so on

Yea I noticed on instagram they were sending "loyal customers" the green ones. I saw some black ones in there too but those people might have been alumni. I don't care for a yellow one so if they make those for the players only that's fine with me.

yeah I agree the white look the best out of the 3

The all blacks are killer tho with the 3M

should have had a apple green bottom

rumor there is a yellow pair

Makes sense that there will be a yellow pair and possibly a green pair as well. All the schools received a matching Nike week zero snapback with the same color scheme as the corresponding shoe. Oregon also release a predominantly yellow snapback and a green one that does not match the white trainers at all.

View media item 1669731

View media item 1669732

I wish the UGA pair had looked a little more like the OSU pair with red/black on the front half of the shoe instead of the red/grey that was used.

I get we are the "silver britches" but when I think UGA I think red/black.

Still excited to get these in hand so I can decide on them. Glad I bought regardless seeing how these sold fast.

Of the college shoes released so far, this was pretty damn easy to get, other than last year's Lunar TR1's The OG 2012 Lunar TR1's were the most difficult to get for sure, especially for FSU and LSU, as the Oregon ones were everywhere. I remember the Free and Air Max Pro Combat Pack for Boise State, Michigan State, Navy, Army, OSU, those were really hard to obtain as well. Nike is getting smarter, realizing that more people want to rep their school.

Of the college shoes released so far, this was pretty damn easy to get, other than last year's Lunar TR1's The OG 2012 Lunar TR1's were the most difficult to get for sure, especially for FSU and LSU, as the Oregon ones were everywhere. I remember the Free and Air Max Pro Combat Pack for Boise State, Michigan State, Navy, Army, OSU, those were really hard to obtain as well. Nike is getting smarter, realizing that more people want to rep their school.

I'm still going to say the hardest drop was the Nike free shield pairs from the First drop - Oregon, Ohio state, Michigan state, and lsu.

Bots were just cooking around that time and made life awful.

I was only able to grab my pairs on DSG.

Back
Top Bottom