NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

received my fuelband yesterday but the charging cable didnt work unless i held the cord in place
frown.gif

i also think it runs a little bigger than the paper template. i was right on the line of S/M so went with the M and even with the links out its still loose on my wrist.

kinda pissed. got mine a couple nights ago. used it yesterday and everything was fine. went to adjust the size a little today and now the thing won't lock back into place. i tried putting a little force behind it, jiggling it around a little to try and get it to stick, but it just won't stay. i think i'm just going to say eff it and return it....

Lovin my fuel band so far. My only complaints would be it scratches really easy and no battery indicator.

same here it sucks that you have to plug it in to check the battery status. I almost messed up my streak if i didn't plug it in to check. I'm sure if we complain enough they can make an easy firmware update to do that.....

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

how does this work for bike riding... ? i watched that youtube vid and those guys was getting points riding though the city...
The small should be fine.  And as far as riding a bike, it doesn't rack up points like running.  I have gone on a couple 30+ mile rides and if your hand is not moving, it is not counting the points. 

Yep, per a poster on the site MyFitnessPal.com

"Nike does say that it is not for sitting on a bike, your wrist has to be involved in the movement somehow. If it's not moving you are not gaining any fuel. I did try just shaking my wrist at my desk with it on and the fuel didn't go up, so it's accurate with movement as far as I can tell."

I've started riding my bike a lot because my 6yo just learned how. It burns no points in correlation to how much energy and how far we ride. Kind of sucks in that regard.

thanks everyone for the feedback. i enjoy riding my bike, sucks it won't work for that.�
there is a great app for the iphone from Nike called, Nike Training Club. It is pretty cool. Lots of work outs to do in your home, with videos to show you. Alot of them don't require any equipment. I put this on my iPad, sit it on my coffee table and run my music while the countdown goes and do the exercises in my living room. It's targeted at women, but anyone can do these work outs. Its nice if you want to be more active and don't prefer the gym, or if you just want workouts to do on the go. Ea Sports Active 2 is cool to if you own a video game system.

Cool hands on with the fuelband vid:

So is it safe to assume that for ladies in general a SMALL should work? Getting 6 total for my sister and her RN lady work friends. They all work together at the hospital and its not really easy to measure them all. But all are petite or not much over. Mothers' Day surprise gifts so any help is appreciated. Thanks

Originally Posted by J To Tha

So is it safe to assume that for ladies in general a SMALL should work? Getting 6 total for my sister and her RN lady work friends. They all work together at the hospital and its not really easy to measure them all. But all are petite or not much over. Mothers' Day surprise gifts so any help is appreciated. Thanks
in your case the small should be fine.

You should be good with the small for sure unless one of them is huge...

You guys charging yours every night?

^ and how long do you leave it on for... I feel like mine can fully charge in like 2 hours, but seems far less than half done after a day

Originally Posted by thejrob

Usually charge mine on Thurs or Fri night. Holds the charge for the whole week.

I HAD TO TELL THIS ONE DUDE TO TAKE HIS OFF DURING A GAME...HE WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

BUT UNLESS YOUR PLAYING A PICK UP GAME WITH NO REFS ON THE COURT...PLZ DONT WEAR EM...THANKS!

Originally Posted by thejrob

Mine last three days before I had to charge it again.

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

via Counterkicks
"But here’s the super hot headlining scoop that you’re hearing from us first — before it even comes out of Mark Parker’s mouth: everything is connected to the company’s recently debuted Nike+ FuelBandaccessory.

This is what our sources tell us:

- All of Nike’s 2012 Olympics shoes feature censors in the footbeds that read everything you do. If you play basketball for example, FuelBand can read your peak height and even the amount of miles you’ve run during the course of a game.

- Nike’s end goal with FuelBand incorporation is to combine the modularity of recent footwear releases like the Kobe VII and Air Jordan 2012 and then take the assembled data one step further by creating the ultimate custom fit shoe, specific to each athlete’s personal game play.

- How it’ll be done: Nike+ FuelBand will read your style of play and what you do, you’ll eventually be able to take the FuelBand and the personal data it contains to a Nike store, and in about an hour and a half, you’ll have a Swoosh shoe completely custom built for you.

So the grand announcement is essentially Nike iD on steroids. Maybe even better to use the term “Nike DNA,

Damn. I charged mine to full last night, woke up and it seems like it is a little over half again...

I'm gonna try and give it a full charge tonight, but i'm hoping this isn't an issue

so when you first plug it in and get the firmware does it only take 10 mins for it to be fully charged?
it said fully charged right after the update. is it partially charged from the factory?

I've had mine since friday loved it but this morning i tried resizing it and the pieces won't even lock back in smh looks like I'm gonna have to send it back

Back
Top Bottom