NIKE+ FUELBAND --- Nike's Big Announcement (1/19/12)

Originally Posted by bigsteeg

I've had mine since friday loved it but this morning i tried resizing it and the pieces won't even lock back in smh looks like I'm gonna have to send it back
try pushing them in with some pressure, I thought mine wasnt working but it clicked in when i was on the phone with a Nike+ rep that helped me

Originally Posted by wada7

I've had mine since friday loved it but this morning i tried resizing it and the pieces won't even lock back in smh looks like I'm gonna have to send it back
try pushing them in with some pressure, I thought mine wasnt working but it clicked in when i was on the phone with a Nike+ rep that helped me

man I've tried the silver piece connects no problem trying to get the black piece connected back to the band is just not happening for me it sucks my 3 day streak is about to be snapped 
frown.gif

Measured my wrist and the arrow stops literally right between a medium and a large and just a tad in the medium when I pull the paper as tight as I can. What size should I get? don't want it to be so tight on me where its uncomfortable but Nike says make sure it fits snug

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

Measured my wrist and the arrow stops literally right between a medium and a large and just a tad in the medium when I pull the paper as tight as I can. What size should I get? don't want it to be so tight on me where its uncomfortable but Nike says make sure it fits snug

M...esp if you think the band will make you more inclined to cut weight
i know of very few ppl who really need a large...got a bud 5'10, 280 and he rocks a med easily with lg extender

Originally Posted by grusumm18

Originally Posted by ATLfootballer

M...esp if you think the band will make you more inclined to cut weight
i know of very few ppl who really need a large...got a bud 5'10, 280 and he rocks a med easily with lg extender
I won't be cutting weight but I'm 5'9 190 and do a lot of weight lifting for my sport including olympic lifts which involves a lot of wrist flexion/extension and didn't want it to bother me.

larges are harder to come by, so id cop one and exchange if it didnt fit...would be harder to do it the other way

Originally Posted by wada7

If you look inside the 'clip', there is a tiny screw.  try adjusting that.  Quarter turn counter-clockwise worked for me.

I was right on the line between Small and Medium...copped the Small and with the extra piece it fit fine. This seems like something that would be real annoying if it was big and dangled too...

What did everyone set as their daily goals?

Mine is at 5,000 btw.

Been a week gotta say it has motivated me to be more active on numerous occasions.
The tracking isn't 100% accurate for all the data, but it's good enough for me as ballpark figures.

I dig it.

Love this thing, I take the stairs now just to get some extra fuel points(and I live on the 11th floor
laugh.gif
). Though it seems like my battery is dieing pretty quickly(might be cause I'm pushing the button too often). How often do y'all push the button and sync a day?

Agree with the 2 posters above me.  I've had this for almost a week and love this thing.  HUGE motivator to be more active.  It literally motivated me to get up early and start workin out earlier than I normally do and being more every chance I get.

^ YUP
laugh.gif
. the other day it was about 10PM and I was about to head to a friends... did about 500 jumping jacks just to hit my goal before I left
roll.gif

first day of using mine... really enjoying it. it is a definite MOTIVATOR.
go get one! 

also, how do you check the battery life? AND what trophies are there and what do you have to do to earn them?

thanks

Definitely a great motivator. Really didn't want to work out tonight but forced myself to go for a run at 10. Feels good

I think I may send mine back. The day I got it, the 16mm link wouldn't lock into place no matter what I did, so I had to role w/ the 8mm joint. It fits pretty snug, so whenever I bend my wrist the band pops open. If the 16mm link worked it would fit like a DREAM, so sizing up to a L isn't an option.

So on Day #1 I called Nike and had them send me a replacement 16mm link. Got it yesterday (after waiting SEVEN business days) and the same thing--it won't stay attached. Seems like my band just doesn't accept the larger attachment SMH.

Color me unimpressed w/ the quality--definitely not worth $150 + tax. I do love the concept though.

^ i got the small, it was a perfect fit... i wanted to make sure i was comfortable with having a perfect fit... so i decided to go ahead and mess with the attachments. i was kind of nervous to do so because of all the stuff i have read here on NT about them not staying put.

i went for it anyway, it took me a while BUT I was able to remove the og link, put it back. add the extra link w/o the og piece and so on. any combo i could do i did and it links were in there nice and secure.

none of them would stay BUT what i found to work was applying as much pressure as you can to the band with the link on it already, while applying the pressure put the tool in while pressing the band with a lot of might.

i thought for sure the band was defective... but it was not.

try it again.... it took me a while to get it.

i hope you do to.

its a incredible device.

^ Just got off the phone and got a replacement band sent out. I'm not ready to completely give up lol.

This is just my opinion, but if I have to do all that extra stuff just to get the links to work, I have a defective product. That being said, I definitely tried all the things you mentioned and then some....spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure it out w/ no luck.

Hopefully the replacement will be good to go b/c I like the concept/usability a lot.

^ i hear you. at that price point, it should be more easier to make simple adjustments to it. so i am sure it can be frustrating. I hope they overnight the replacement band for you and you get it working. it is really incredible.

today i was off from work, i went above an beyond trying to rack up points. i did my 30 min nike training coach work out, shot around at the park for a hour, walked a few blocks to subway, rode my bike 4 and a half miles (put it in my pocket) then decided i wanted a naked juice in the evening, walked to 7-11... got home and decided i wanted to earn a trophy day one... did like 250 jumping jacks, ran around in my apartment (good thing im on the ground level, lol)

i can only speak for myself, but that is not a normal tuesday for me, i have a very competitive spirit and it made me compete with myself ALL DAY LONG

well worth the money IMO

Anyone get the Facebook portion running? I have a friend who has a band also and has it connected to FB and we can't see each other on the friends list?

Is this a glitch in the app or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

well it was cool the 1st day i got it....now its useless and not close to worth 150....sending it back damn impulse buys

Today My fuelband started cycling through the sync, bluetooth, and reset options non stop and burns the battery. I can't even use it anymore. Did anybody else have this problem?

Back
Top Bottom