Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

1695174124948.jpg

Hustle 2s just landed from NDC. Half size down feels a little snug while TTS feels slightly roomy. These are SUPER light. For comparison: Kobe 5 Protro Chaos size 11.5: 13.5oz vs. Hustle 2 size 11: 13.2oz.

Materials do feel a bit flimsy for a hoops shoe. Feels more like a tennis shoe or a running shoe. It feels like the KD 15 but less supportive. A little nervous about if there's enough support as there isn't much reinforcement on the shoe besides the internal heel counter. Curious how the traction will perform. I'm not sold on the herringbone pods but we'll see.

So with the Hustles being $170, the Cut 2s being $170 and there being a takedown Cut coming, the GT Cut 3 is gonna be $190 isn't it.

Hustle 2s are nowhere near worth $170. Should be like $120, $140 max. It’s just mesh, rubber and the zoom strobel. You don’t even get a shank plate.

Agreed, and in Europe they go for 220€. That translates roughly to 235-240$...

That's the same price point as flagship Jordan's or LeBron's.

Put about 90 minutes in the Hustle 2s tonight. Traction is middle of the road. Wasn't impressed but wasn't disappointed. The court I played on is pretty dusty though so traction overall is probably 8/10 (KD 15 traction is 9.5/10 and LeBron XXs are 9/10 for me). Swapped the factory insoles for some VKTRY golds. The shoes are CRAZY light. The lightness + the VKTRY insoles really let you fly up and down the court and give some extra lift.

I wish there was more support in them. They remind me a lot of the Zoom Vapor X if y'all are familiar with tennis shoes. Super light but not much containment side to side. Near the end of my session, I started to get some heel rub. If that continues, these will be removed from the rotation.

Put about 90 minutes in the Hustle 2s tonight. Traction is middle of the road. Wasn't impressed but wasn't disappointed. The court I played on is pretty dusty though so traction overall is probably 8/10 (KD 15 traction is 9.5/10 and LeBron XXs are 9/10 for me). Swapped the factory insoles for some VKTRY golds. The shoes are CRAZY light. The lightness + the VKTRY insoles really let you fly up and down the court and give some extra lift.

I wish there was more support in them. They remind me a lot of the Zoom Vapor X if y'all are familiar with tennis shoes. Super light but not much containment side to side. Near the end of my session, I started to get some heel rub. If that continues, these will be removed from the rotation.
There is no lateral containment. When I saw them in stores I immediately saw this and given my game, ground heavy, ball handling and shifty side to side … I knew it would be an injury waiting to happen. And for $170? 😆

There is no lateral containment. When I saw them in stores I immediately saw this and given my game, ground heavy, ball handling and shifty side to side … I knew it would be an injury waiting to happen. And for $170? 😆
They're basically running shoes. They're beasts if you only play in straight lines! I was pretty worried about getting an injury and sure enough I felt a very minor ankle turn within the first 15 minutes. Nothing bad but it made me cautious about cutting and jumping after that.

It's a shame cause I love shoes that are light and I've never worn anything as light as these. I'm very interested to see how pros/elite athletes (Bueckers, Wemby) do in these cause like you, I think these aren't safe to play in.

They're basically running shoes. They're beasts if you only play in straight lines! I was pretty worried about getting an injury and sure enough I felt a very minor ankle turn within the first 15 minutes. Nothing bad but it made me cautious about cutting and jumping after that.

It's a shame cause I love shoes that are light and I've never worn anything as light as these. I'm very interested to see how pros/elite athletes (Bueckers, Wemby) do in these cause like you, I think these aren't safe to play in.
All facts. Good post. A very Reggie Miller / RIP Hamilton shoe

I wore running shoes back in the day, while they are heaven sent for speedy players like I was back in the day, they are a nightmare for shifters and leapers. yeah, I got my ankle twisted a lot. they are nice shoes but they are injury magnets for basketball. question is, would you risk it? you can play on them but I don't believe you can push yourself when wearing them.

The last Nike basketball shoe I remember having a ridiculously long release cycle was the Kobe 8, that had two Christmas colorways, two CNYs, and two BHMs (although the 2014 BHM was PE only).

Back
Top Bottom