Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

So much hype that was put into these, anyone feeling a little disappointed in Weartesters performance review?

I mean they are not in any means a bad shoe or anything like that based on the score, but after Chris says "if you love Kobe 8, you gonna love these" which some people consider as an "greatest basketball sneaker of all time" and then proceeds and gives them a "Starting Five" rating across the board, aint that kind of underwhelming?

After that "teaser" WT gave us like two months ago, I was pretty much waiting a "All-Star/Hall of Fame"-caliber grades for these, he was so pumped up about these.

But dont get me wrong, I am absolutely gonna get myself a pair of these to try them out 😅

Last edited:
So much hype that was put into these, anyone feeling a little disappointed in Weartesters performance review?

I mean they are not in any means a bad shoe or anything like that based on the score, but after Chris says "if you love Kobe 8, you gonna love these" which some people consider as an "greatest basketball sneaker of all time" and then proceeds and gives them a "Starting Five" rating across the board, aint that kind of underwhelming?

After that "teaser" WT gave us like two months ago, I was pretty much waiting a "All-Star/Hall of Fame"-caliber grades for these, he was so pumped up about these.

But dont get me wrong, I am absolutely gonna get myself a pair of these to try them out 😅
Wasn't disappointed at all. There are two standards that you compared them to (Chris's and "some people"), if you recall Chris's all-Kobe ranking or the original Kobe 8 review, they're not his GOAT Kobe shoe but still a very solid "Starting Five" level performer. Even the Kobe 6 (Chris's GOAT Kobe) would lose to the 9 in traction and lose to the 5 in fit. My point is a "Starting Five" rating shouldn't be a disappointing experience at all unless you expect them to have HOF Kobe 9 traction or Kobe 5 fit.

Copped on NDC yesterday, paid for Next-Day shipping so they’re supposed to be here today but haven't gotten any shipping information so I’m guessing Nike screwed me :smh:

I’m curious for those who have played in theirs already and also have played in the Kyrie 7’s, how do the two compare?

The Kobe 8 is my all time favourite from his line, followed by the 5.

These dearly remind me of the NXT360 albeit reconstructed with longer lasting materials and supposedly better traction. If the NXT360 had a solid outsole man...

So much has changed in my life I usually buy 1-2 pairs of kicks a year these days lmao. Hoping I can cop this when a bit of cash frees up.

Anyone know if/when eastbay will get other colorways?

From their calendar:

1623790257409.png

For the people that have played in these there’s no torsion plate right? No carbon fiber, no nothing?

I feel like with that being the case these aren’t a Kobe 8 comparison. They’re more an evolution of the Kobe 360.

You’re putting too much weight behind one man’s opinion and it probably shouldn’t come as a surprise that his rating doesn’t exactly line up with the hype he created with the teaser.

There’s no real science behind his rating scale, it’s always been highly subjective, as are most other reviews.

it's called personal subjective opinion. you should learn by now is all that matters is how you feel for the shoes personally. if you are going to base your taste/rating with someone else's, then you are not giving yourself a favor. I don't care much for WTs' rating system. besides, there are shoes that WT hype to a point that I consider as trash.

Fuuuuuuck meeee, not a single word about these releasing in Europe so far :((

WANT THESE SO BAD

Might need to settle for Cosmic Unitys then

oh come on. was looking forward to snaggin these this saturday then all of a sudden, they disappeared on FTL launch calendar. busturds ! no one wanted those cheap-0 so-called Sig Zs. I'm close to going ordering these overseas. screw FTL North America.

Back
Top Bottom