Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Search GT on DSG with the periods. I just grabbed mine 10 but it says pre-order for 8/13 so will likely cancel once Nike stocks around 7/23.

EDIT: They’re on Nike with white pair coming soon!

Looks like I'm keeping my DSG preorder. NDC sold out of 9.5. Edit: Nevermind, was just having issues checking out.

This is reassuring. Wonder what they did to the translucent compound.
Still standing by my statement that I don’t know if I like these colorways enough to pay that retail price tag.
I'm not sure who started that generalization that translucent rubber have bad traction but that is just said with not much thought nor research. while some translucent outsoles in the past were really bad, I don't believe it has to do with the color being translucent but rather the compound used to make it. so more likely the compound used to make the translucent in the past could make them much slippery on certain surface compared to other outsoles. having played in slippery wet and dusty/powdery slick and acrylic or carpet court surfaces, it wouldn't matter if your outsole is translucent or not, in a bad surface, you will slide like hell. however, using certain rubber compound could improve that.
on a sidenote, the only thing I don't like about translucent rubber is the obvious visual oxidation (yellowing) state of it, much like having those old white PU rubber yellow.

I'm not sure who started that generalization that translucent rubber have bad traction but that is just said with not much thought nor research. while some translucent outsoles in the past were really bad, I don't believe it has to do with the color being translucent but rather the compound used to make it. so more likely the compound used to make the translucent in the past could make them much slippery on certain surface compared to other outsoles. having played in slippery wet and dusty/powdery slick and acrylic or carpet court surfaces, it wouldn't matter if your outsole is translucent or not, in a bad surface, you will slide like hell. however, using certain rubber compound could improve that.
on a sidenote, the only thing I don't like about translucent rubber is the obvious visual oxidation (yellowing) state of it, much like having those old white PU rubber yellow.
The kobe 9 ASG had a translucent sole and they're in my top 3 tractions of all time.

🔥🔥🔥
DBBFDB69-B9E9-4B7B-BF23-D6749CA270B9.jpeg

69C0D9AA-9630-4921-AAF1-8CC467352E56.jpeg
60785621-99EF-41C1-B0BE-2C6439FC38D5.jpeg
7430F823-C640-4B2F-9C04-E25E7A25A620.jpeg
AC67D979-B8BF-4CE1-B919-0ED0098CAA1B.jpeg
80F42139-FED8-42B2-A449-5C5E10277BA2.jpeg

Don’t know if it was just this colorway or if it’s the sneaker in general but the Run fit very big or maybe I should say long. I tried on my usual size TTS and the sizing is totally different than the cut. I would recommend trying them on in person if you can. I would need to try a .5 down but I have a feeling that would be the size I would go with. Was pressed for time so only tried on my TTS. I had some heal slip but the mid foot felt fine. Comfortable sneaker. Insole is similar to the CUT with the anti slip type insole. The line marking shows where my big toe stops. A lot of room up front. Hope this helps.

Bonus pic of the Cuts.

JS”

Last edited:
Can’t wait to try out the cuts as the white pair will be my first. If the fit is the same as the Kobe IV or V, def will go TTS then.

Back
Top Bottom