Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Cuts are the best aesthetically. Runs are better aethetically than the Jump imo due to the upper material
The back of the jumps remind me of the Lebron 15s.

I'm in. That cushioning looks beastly plus I could use the extra height boost since I'm only 5'3 and my joints could use it since 320lbs starts to wear your body out fast
funny thing about weight is that I found my shoes to last longer now that I'm much heavier than I was when I was lighter. my shoes from 5 years ago are almost as pristine when I first bought them and I've been beating them up for a year now.

What’s a pebax jump frame? All the GT Jump articles regurgitate Nike’s vague description. Is it supposed to help jump or help landing impact protection?

Cuts are the best aesthetically. Runs are better aethetically than the Jump imo due to the upper material

funny thing about weight is that I found my shoes to last longer now that I'm much heavier than I was when I was lighter. my shoes from 5 years ago are almost as pristine when I first bought them and I've been beating them up for a year now.

Makes sense. Just like any Jordan 3 or 4. If you don't wear them (don't put weight on them) they start to crumble eventually

Price of the jumps? With all that tech I’m assuming $200 USD minimum
nah, it would practically be the same with the other GT shoes. GT series is on the mid-level pricing. put a Kobe name on it + exclusivity and rarity and the price would jump to ridiculous level.

You know I am hoop shoe crazy haha.

Have not balled in em yet but upon first try on/feeling of the shoe. MONSTERSSSSSSSSSSSS
Even the stretch laces are a NICE TOUGH.

Well damn, you got me hyped now. Imma just be waitin on the delivery guy, standing there in socks and my bball gear like

tenor.gif

They have a zoom strobel AND a huge heel zoom unit as well as a huge forefoot zoom unit under the strobel. Bouncy my guy!

Ok so first impressions for the cuts just wearing them around the house. Best fitting shoe for me in a looooong time. Hard to find a good ball shoe for wide footers. Right off the bat these felt like the perfect fit TTS. The plastic near the pinky toe doesn't bother me at all. Idk if people with narrow feet can go down half a size because the length is kinda perfect. I have prob half an inch of room from the top. If you have to go down a size I honestly don't think you're getting the right shoe size lol. Foot doesn't spill over the medial or lateral side whatsoever SO CONFIRMED WIDE FOOTER FRIENDLY.

The cushion is comfy. The zoom strobel is great. I do see what y'all are talking about with the react drop in gripping your sock tho. Takes a couple of tries for me to get it comfortably in without pulling on my sock. Tbh I'm cosidering sanding it down lol. Anyone have tips on getting your foot in perfect every time? :rofl:

Materials are really nice. Can't comment on the breathability yet but just walking around the house my foot didn't feel hot. There's no pinching anywhere for me.

Only complaints so far is for me at least is the laces are a little short if using the last lace hole. Might be shorter because wide foot and all but wish they were a little longer. Just gotta replace them I guess. Also might just be my pair but the right foot i feel like the zoom is bulging a little near the arch more than it should. I don't have this problem at all with the left foot so its extra weird. I have another pair coming in from DSG that I was gonna return so maybe it's just a defect or I just have to break it in? Lmk if anyone has this problem.

Anyways just from initial wear I feel like these are gonna be my favorite ball shoe. Def want to get more pairs.

Just tried the GT RUNs today. Positives: cushion, took a bit of break time since they felt with less flex but cushion was substantial and great. Quite bouncy and sits higher than the GT CUTS. Traction is great. Negatives: materials are very flimsy and felt like wearing a condom. Fit, while true to size it is not my normal fit. Fit is constricting for tts near the midpart of the toe box. Half size up got my feet swimming and wrinkly. Quite tricky for widefooters. Snugfit is different from the Cuts like paper snug which I didn't feel comfortable. found the Cuts more forgiving. So it's a PASS for me on the GT RUNS. Now it's between the AJ 36 and the GT JUMPs.

Last edited:
Just tried the GT RUNs today. Positives: cushion, took a bit of break time since they felt with less flex but cushion was substantial and great. Quite bouncy and sits higher than the GT CUTS. Traction is great. Negatives: materials are very flimsy and felt like wearing a condom. Fit, while true to size it is not my normal fit. Fit is constricting for tts near the mideast of the toe box. Half size up got my feet swimming and wrinkly. Quite tricky for widefooters. Snugfit is different from the Cuts like paper snug which I didn't feel comfortable. Found the Cuts more forgiving. So it's a PASS for me on the GT RUNS. Now it's between the AJ 36 and the GT JUMPs.
Yeah that's kinda why I was iffy on the jumps. Shape from the aerial view looks like the KD's which are narrow. Might try it if I can find them in stores.

Well here we go:

a few comparison pics.

Cuts are stellar fit wise, tongue is super cushy and the laces are weird but awesome, stretchy yet lock you down great.

The runs on the other hand are the same size and there is some serious heel slip. But when you crank on the laces you get some nasty pressure points near the second last eyelet since the tongue has 0 padding present there.
12853EB3-BBE3-423E-9AF8-550121E4D427.jpeg

Cushion wise, the cuts are super low to the ground yet offer great impact protection. Better than any Kobe sig, these have that awesome react drop in and zoom.

The runs forefoot zoom is so damn spring, the heel to toe transition is a little nicer due to the react midsole but due to how low you are in the cuts, I much prefer that low to the ground set up.
537CD01E-CA45-470C-9292-DAD4489F5B52.jpeg

6B8C3E77-3467-48E1-B39E-585F4A508310.jpeg

I do prefer the cuts insole as they’re are tackier when your foot is on it and they also add more absorption and have formed to my foot nicely. I understand the react on the runs is thinner as it has that chunkier cushion set up…
A9A1ADEE-BC61-4EBA-A615-079DB3D6E722.jpeg

BAD3A2D0-67CB-43AA-AD6C-1FCFD9B1F678.jpeg

9ACAAEB0-A70E-41ED-8C54-0238B30303A9.jpeg

Runs are good, cuts are STELLAR.
480929B1-80D8-48BC-B74A-D2271423251F.jpeg

Just not sold on these, ide honestly prefer the cuts and ide also prefer to stock up on the cuts as they’re similar to the Kobe AD NXT 360 but have better cushion, traction and just all around more durable. Nike literally made a shoe that I absolutely love.
78A69EF4-D6C6-4279-908A-C7F17EB32CF3.jpeg

Looks like there’s a lot of dead space in the toe for the run… I wish they used a better knit or something. Wow those side by side comparisons of the insole 🤭… thank you for the post 23mj88. Doing my best to hold out for the volts in the cuts. And my desire for the runs are fading the more I see pictures end hear about them…

Back
Top Bottom