Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

GT2 has been my go to performance basketball shoe of 2022 and 2023. Hoping to catch some other colorways I don't have at a steep discount.
I have my one pair & that's it. Had high hopes for this shoe but the fact my 7 year old AD NXT's outperform a brand new shoe says a lot.

Finally got to play in my GT2's.

Solid all around shoe, played in them for 1.5 hours.

Bottom of my right foot felt uncomfortable for some reason at the end but I'll chalk it up to being a new shoe.

I'll trying them out again next week to see if it happens again.

Nah. The OG Cuts never saw the light of day in the outlets. they practically went to SX and GOAT selling over retail.

ok man lol.

they were in outlets here in Canada BEFORE the hype started.. i know multiple people that copped them for less than $100 CAD in the Toronto area.

Yeah I saw someone post grey TBs at outlets and a NTer ooped some of us the USA cw from somewhere on the east coast

if Canada got them, then they were definitely around in the US.

there were lockdowns and not many people were shopping so info wasn't being shared as fast.. also they weren't popular at the beginning and sat on ndc.

there were lockdowns and not many people were shopping so info wasn't being shared as fast.. also they weren't popular at the beginning and sat on ndc.
It was around the time of the USA pair that it started reselling. Not many pairs got sent to outlets here in the US tbh I was waiting for so long for pairs to go on sale but it didn't.

Yea any outlet situation mustve been a one off regional thing

They were released in dumb limited numbers. The only thing I don’t know for sure is if the launch colorway was reasonably attainable, the black and crimson pair because that pair I didn’t try to buy. They were priced high and Nike basketball trained us for years to not really consider buying their shxt at full retail price, let alone a non-sig shoe. Then the word got out they were great performers along with a beautiful design and any other colorway got ate up.

I think they’re the best looking shoe in forever

ok man lol.

they were in outlets here in Canada BEFORE the hype started.. i know multiple people that copped them for less than $100 CAD in the Toronto area.
not sure what you meant by BEFORE the hype, but I knew they sat for about 2 weeks at my local Nike stores. after that, they were all gone. the restock with other colorways I believe only last about a week of availability before all sizes are gone. I know the popular sizes from 8 to 10 gets snagged almost immediately. although I knew a fellow NTer from Ontario I believe that got those Black Crimsons from SportChek exclusively. I don't know where they got their shipment though and if ever those type ended at the outlets, could have been an overstock or came from a less ideal manufacturing plant that they could only sell at the outlets. but again, everywhere else, the Cuts are as rare as the unicorn in the outlets.

I don't think the Black Crimsons were available in the U.S. the EYBL's were available though in limited quantities.

Yea any outlet situation mustve been a one off regional thing

They were released in dumb limited numbers. The only thing I don’t know for sure is if the launch colorway was reasonably attainable, the black and crimson pair because that pair I didn’t try to buy. They were priced high and Nike basketball trained us for years to not really consider buying their shxt at full retail price, let alone a non-sig shoe. Then the word got out they were great performers along with a beautiful design and any other colorway got ate up.

I think they’re the best looking shoe in forever
I have the launch colorway on the first day of release. even woke up early and went to Nike just to get them and thank goodness it was my day-off. they were easily attainable for 2 weeks. I remember the day of the launch and I believe it coincided with the launch of a certain Jordan retro where people were lining up to buy while the GT Cuts were being snobbed. I couldn't be more happier. next thing you knew, the Cuts were more sought after and valued a lot more than those retros. :rofl:

my GT shoes. Cuts and Jumps about to retire in about a month or 2.

Attachments

• 343407211_562367855824111_2949404400156210534_n.jpg
    343407211_562367855824111_2949404400156210534_n.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 343290375_642065877317645_1818467784612250921_n.jpg
    343290375_642065877317645_1818467784612250921_n.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 1,486
sneeker sneeker we were still debating the whole lumpy biz in our pairs lol. That random lump in the ball of the forefoot. I wonder if they stopped cut production because of that defect.

sneeker sneeker we were still debating the whole lumpy biz in our pairs lol. That random lump in the ball of the forefoot. I wonder if they stopped cut production because of that defect.
I doubt it considering there were other colorways that came out afterwards. besides, I believe that lump has to do more with the insert. I think that the forefoot area section of the react cushion was thicker which made that area quite elevated than the rest of the whole insert. considering the amount of abuse the shoe suffered from me (digging it in to the shoe, I still feel that lump under the foot. I believe I read a fellow NTer filed (thinned out) the top part of that forefoot area and that seem to have resolved the issue. thinking about using that insert on my other shoes tomorrow and see if it has the issues. if I confirm it, then it is really the insole. might even try it later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom