Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

Out of curiosity, what materials would you like on a basketball shoe designed to play basketball in?

I hear people say what you said a lot and I'm curious?
I liked the engineered mesh, flyknit, and jacquard/performance woven stuff from the mid to late 2010s, shoes like the Kobe 8/9 and Jordan 29. Overlays on the toe or heel made of leathers or suedes are a plus (Kyrie 4 and 6 is a good example).
Textiles are cheap sometimes but at least my examples above executed the mesh/knit in a way that didn’t “look” cheap, such as targeted areas of tighter knit.

I liked the engineered mesh, flyknit, and jacquard/performance woven stuff from the mid to late 2010s, shoes like the Kobe 8/9 and Jordan 29. Overlays on the toe or heel made of leathers or suedes are a plus (Kyrie 4 and 6 is a good example).
Textiles are cheap sometimes but at least my examples above executed the mesh/knit in a way that didn’t “look” cheap, such as targeted areas of tighter knit.

Thanks for the response, I can definitely understand and respect where you're coming from.

The had the white/black and black/volt GT Cut Academy before it got removed.
Now there is only the white/red colorway that says coming soon.

IMG_5052.jpeg

In that "Most Disappointing..." video, at the end he wonders aloud why the price is $190 and says he doesn't know what Nike's thinking.

I think Nike saw the Cut name lead to sales of a $150 or whatever shoe, at triple the price on reseller sites. If they release the Cut III's and they're a hit, and the price was $165, people would be like "just got these Cut III's for $255 in my size on Goat!"

People pay exorbitant amounts for Nike and Jordan Brand products on the secondary market after the products sell out instantly on official sites, but then many of those same people wonder why those two companies inch the price up on new models.

In that "Most Disappointing..." video, at the end he wonders aloud why the price is $190 and says he doesn't know what Nike's thinking.

I think Nike saw the Cut name lead to sales of a $150 or whatever shoe, at triple the price on reseller sites. If they release the Cut III's and they're a hit, and the price was $165, people would be like "just got these Cut III's for $255 in my size on Goat!"

People pay exorbitant amounts for Nike and Jordan Brand products on the secondary market after the products sell out instantly on official sites, but then many of those same people wonder why those two companies inch the price up on new models.
Bingo

We are in the first week on January, and we already have these shoetubers calling stuff the "most disappointing of year 2024"?

Welcome to the timeline of clickbaits gentlemen. Jesus ****ing christ...
I’m Snkr Tech Talk on YT.

I wear the product for 15-20 hrs before I comment how a shoe is. They need to be broken in and weartested prior to saying this stuff. Disappointing forsure

I’m Snkr Tech Talk on YT.

I wear the product for 15-20 hrs before I comment how a shoe is. They need to be broken in and weartested prior to saying this stuff. Disappointing forsure

the shoes are disappointing?

Initial impression reviews should be maybe I don’t know take play after you initially wear them on court… not just trying them on in your house.

Back
Top Bottom