Nike Greater Than Series (Cut/Run/Jump)

I'm just curious as the what the Zoom X foam is. from the description and how it looks to compress, it sounds like a flat iteration of boost foam. but does it feel or appear more like cloudfoam, bounce or lightstrike ?

Boost and Bounce have long durability.

I'm just curious as the what the Zoom X foam is. from the description and how it looks to compress, it sounds like a flat iteration of boost foam. but does it feel or appear more like cloudfoam, bounce or lightstrike ?

Boost and Bounce have long durability.

I guess lightstrike 2.0 would be the closest. Which is currently adidas best foam. Boost is basically an after thought and “old” tech at this point

Although adidas made their own version of zoom x in their $500 running (the way the make it causes it to not last as long as zoomX or have the sensation for as long)

But zoom X is a super springy(quick bounce back from compression) foam that’s soft/comfortable you can find it in their runners

Information is there. Longevity of several aspects of the shoe take time on court. Cushion has changed from day 1-day 5. It’s hard to capture all that so quickly. To each their own tho.

I guess lightstrike 2.0 would be the closest. Which is currently adidas best foam. Boost is basically an after thought and “old” tech at this point

Although adidas made their own version of zoom x in their $500 running (the way the make it causes it to not last as long as zoomX or have the sensation for as long)

But zoom X is a super springy(quick bounce back from compression) foam that’s soft/comfortable you can find it in their runners
I still have to try it myself. haven't tried ZoomX yet.

So drop your 5 day review
What’s the rush? You got 1 review posted where somebody’s calling it the most disappointing shoe of 2024 while his shoe has not 1 crease nor 1 spec of dirt/dust on his outsole . After jumping in the shoe on concrete. Part of the integrity of reviewing anything is that you must’ve spent time with whatever you’re reviewing. Every hoop shoe I’ve ever had has felt different 1st run out of the box vs 2nd-3rd week with em(exception being trae 2… trash the entire week and a half I had em)

What’s the rush? You got 1 review posted where somebody’s calling it the most disappointing shoe of 2024 while his shoe has not 1 crease nor 1 spec of dirt/dust on his outsole . After jumping in the shoe on concrete. Part of the integrity of reviewing anything is that you must’ve spent time with whatever you’re reviewing. Every hoop shoe I’ve ever had has felt different 1st run out of the box vs 2nd-3rd week with em(exception being trae 2… trash the entire week and a half I had em)
What’s stopping reviewers from giving updates or dropping multiple videos as time goes on?

Especially if you are going to criticize another review that isn’t your typical unboxing and try on. 5 days of playing vs 1 hour. He should obviously have more information, so post it.

But giving a blanket statement of the cushion feels different from day 1 to day 5 with no explanation isn’t useful to anyone. Be detailed or keep it to yourself

What’s stopping reviewers from giving updates or dropping multiple videos as time goes on?

Especially if you are going to criticize another review that isn’t your typical unboxing and try on. 5 days of playing vs 1 hour. He should obviously have more information, so post it.

But giving a blanket statement of the cushion feels different from day 1 to day 5 with no explanation isn’t useful to anyone. Be detailed or keep it to yourself
If you want daily updates follow his IG (https://www.instagram.com/snkrtechtalk?igsh=MWZ0bnVodHZ0cmE1Zw==. He’s one of the. Eat performance reviewers on YT (and for me to say that says a lot) and knows his info and how to describe the playability. Zach gives tech and info but a review after an hour and a half of playing (as Zach said) doesn’t give anything close to a full performance review.

So drop your 5 day review
Because I have better things to do

Alright, let me spell it out for you then bud.

Some of us have lives, real world jobs (engineer), families etc. I do this because I genuinely care about putting out info that has integrity. Playing in a shoe and running around whipping a ball off a backboard isn’t that.

A shoe has a break in period, day 1-5 things change. The shoe may also break down there after. I can give you a quick opinion on them yea but thing change as you weartest. So rather than put out a review after 1-2 hours of play and then continue to milk viewers with more or less the same video.

I prefer to hoop hard in them for 15-20 hours the. Give my take on them. You’ll notice in his video the shoe literally looks brand new. For some people it’s about being first, for others it’s about putting out an honest review. If you can’t appreciate that then that’s cool.

Some of us have lives, real world jobs (engineer), families etc. I do this because I genuinely care about putting out info that has integrity. Playing in a shoe and running around whipping a ball off a backboard isn’t that.

A shoe has a break in period, day 1-5 things change. The shoe may also break down there after. I can give you a quick opinion on them yea but thing change as you weartest. So rather than put out a review after 1-2 hours of play and then continue to milk viewers with more or less the same video.

I prefer to hoop hard in them for 15-20 hours the. Give my take on them. You’ll notice in his video the shoe literally looks brand new. For some people it’s about being first, for others it’s about putting out an honest review. If you can’t appreciate that then that’s cool.

That’s nice man. This quote below is all you had to post brother. End of convo. Thanks for the update.

“So far so good. They did take some time to break in, but after the first hour the materials and ZoomX softened up nicely.

Some people sound disappointed about what this shoe has to offer (as was l), but they are feeling great now after the first 4 hours.

Traction is superb when clean, they do collect dust but after a quick wipe your back to A1 traction. Cushion feels better after each wear, materials aren't anything special but they are strong and breathable

!!

Looking forward to several more sessions in these...and yes I wish they still had a zoom strobel set up”

That’s nice man. This quote below is all you had to post brother. End of convo. Thanks for the update.

“So far so good. They did take some time to break in, but after the first hour the materials and ZoomX softened up nicely.

Some people sound disappointed about what this shoe has to offer (as was l), but they are feeling great now after the first 4 hours.

Traction is superb when clean, they do collect dust but after a quick wipe your back to A1 traction. Cushion feels better after each wear, materials aren't anything special but they are strong and breathable

!!

Looking forward to several more sessions in these...and yes I wish they still had a zoom strobel set up”

if you don't credit this quote, it's plagiarism

I agree on this.

with regards to reviews, there are multiple reasons why people do it. review with extensive testing while nice is somehow asinine with regards to today's sneaker culture. if someone does a full review and analysis of a product, by the time that it's done. all the hype and interest would have died and people had moved on to another product.

Nike can't be serious! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IMG_7414.png

I agree on this.

with regards to reviews, there are multiple reasons why people do it. review with extensive testing while nice is somehow asinine with regards to today's sneaker culture. if someone does a full review and analysis of a product, by the time that it's done. all the hype and interest would have died and people had moved on to another product.
In this case though the shoe hasn’t even released yet here in the Us.. plenty of time to put together a full review before the masses gets them.

In this case though the shoe hasn’t even released yet here in the Us.. plenty of time to put together a full review before the masses gets them.
define plenty of time? most reviewers only get the shoes on release day or upon availability. doing a full review would tackle the shoes from day 1 til it breaks down, otherwise it's not a full review. how long do you think the average lifespan of a sneaker? like I said, due to the current sneaker culture, it is difficult to pay attention to one shoe just to wait for a review to come out. the public will lose interest as fast as the days go by unless such product is a magical unicorn that people will continue to support. e.g. GT CUT 1.

Back
Top Bottom