Nike HyperAdapt: 1.0 and Adapt BB

You can adjust it on the shoes... it’s the 2 tiny little lights...i saw a video on IG

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-adapt-bb

Lock down your fit with the touch of this button (or via the app using your phone).
F4230955-2842-45E6-A630-3D5C8754FDCC.jpeg

I got the pre-order offer on my phone as I was heading out of my hotel to a meeting. Had no idea these were coming and no time to ponder it. I just bought them and will decide later what I think. Not gonna lie, if prices spike on them when I get them, I'll sell them. If not, they might just go back to Nike. Not loving dropping $350 on them but I do think they are rad. Like I said, had no time to debate it with myself, but it's a no-lose proposition in terms of $. And, it's possible I decide to keep them.

Everything is a gimmick in sneakers if we're being honest. It's also a part of the excitement behind why some of us are into shoes in the first place.

Exactly, you can write up anything is a gimmick. Off-White, Banned 1s, React, flyknit, flywire, "storytelling," etc, etc.

This is cool tech, new and original. Effectively inspired by Back to the Future. And now it's in a performance basketball shoe. Even if it is a "gimmick" it's a great design and idea. Why not test it out and see if it works? If it fails it fails. Gotta take risks sometimes.

would have liked to see the "look" of laces like the 1.0 on these kinda

seems kinda lazy

i will say, nike aint got no snitches on they campus. i need friends like nike employees lol

The shoes look great, but I'd like to just see them in person first. As someone who's had the HyperAdapt and then stopped wearing it since December of 2017 and let it collect dust, I'm not sold on it anymore. A lot of the shoes that came out since then have been more amazing to the point where I just forgot about the HyperAdapts.

I want to see how it'll be like once the Adapt BBs do a few things: match up to today's prices of shoes, and actually lead on to other Adapt products. That whole Nike+ for training and basketball was such a huge bust and ended fast, and from the few videos and the ad I've seen, I'm just as skeptical after seeing that there is nothing that tells me this shoe has a better purpose than before. Also, if it has the ability to be controlled through your phone, you gotta speed up that motor, 'cause you have a MUCH better control of the sensitivity and the intricacies of the tightness visually through the app. It shouldn't take 3-5 seconds unless it has no Bluetooth connectivity like the first one.

Most importantly, I wanna see the impact it makes for those who have disabilities and are unable to tie their shoes. The more mass-produced these are, the better the success can be on top of the success it already has now.

Last edited:
The motor/lacing system looks like it was refined via the manual "pull to lockdown" system in the Jordan 33 (which incidentally, was the first thing I thought the next adapt system would be when the 33 dropped).

I was not expecting the app connectivity, the wireless charging or streamlined kobe AD-esque silhouette...All at less than half of the OG Hyperadapt. After buying 4 of the Hyperadapts, i'm obviously a sucker for tech/design/storytelling but I'd say this is top notch innovation - regardless of my bias.

Last edited:
I really see no benefit of this lacing system when I play ball. Should've made it visible at least..

I did like how it resembles kobe exodus and Avar actually did the design so it's cool

Exactly, you can write up anything is a gimmick. Off-White, Banned 1s, React, flyknit, flywire, "storytelling," etc, etc.

This is cool tech, new and original. Effectively inspired by Back to the Future. And now it's in a performance basketball shoe. Even if it is a "gimmick" it's a great design and idea. Why not test it out and see if it works? If it fails it fails. Gotta take risks sometimes.
Ehhh, a gimmick is more of a thing that doesn’t really improve on anything. Gak on the side of the shoe is a gimmick. :lol: you’re mostly right. I’d consider this as pure gimmick though

Back
Top Bottom