Nike Hyperdunk 2014

Flywire ripping, wearing right through the insoles to the point where the shoe is not even wearable. Outsole begins to rip. My entire college team had several issues with this. We had to make a second order through the middle of the season 

Oh wow, never had that happen before. I'm 6'3 220 and I haven't messed mine up, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say your college team is majority larger than me lol

I do like have the past couple hyper dunks have been wider...They were too narrow for me before 2012...

It would definitely be nice to see zoom return.  That next version of the Hyper rev looks great to me though... can probably get the zoom fix with those 

It looks like Paul George was wearing the Hyperdunk 2014 Low's at the Team USA Training Camp yesterday.  Not a fan of the new tongues (high-top or low-top).

Last edited:

It looks like Paul George was wearing the Hyperdunk 2014 Low's at the Team USA Training Camp yesterday.  Not a fan of the new tongues (high-top or low-top).
I've noticed PG doesn't lace his shoes to the top eyelet.  Obviously this is a preference thing and maybe it has to do with taped ankles too, but I don't know how guys don't do this.  I feel like you lose a lot of heel lockdown by not doing this.

Also -- I'd agree that the tongues don't look that great, but it has been great for ball.  Provides no distraction and wraps comfortably around the front of your ankle.

yeah...I can tolerate the tongue as long as that lunar stays strong and it's just as good if not better than last years model...which was fuegoooooo

View media item 1104082

Are we gonna start blaming the shoes yet? Didnt take long for guys to be on adidas case after ware broke his...

View media item 1111176
Red/yellow dropped in europe today, looks decent BTW these loosen up a lot after a few wears, they are wider fit than last yrs model - this could be an issue on the lows (just sayin)

It's not the shoes that cause these severe injuries... with how high these guys jump, the speed at which they travel and the amount of force that is put on their limbs as they land, all it takes is a foot in a weird position to get a horrible fracture.

But I do agree with you about the width of these.  I returned my true size for a half down and it works well for me.

man these are fire
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Those city pack lows are hot 
smokin.gif
 and that venomenon iD would probably turn out super nice.

My pair of iD lows arrives later this week. 

Those city pack lows are hot 
smokin.gif
 and that venomenon iD would probably turn out super nice.

My pair of iD lows arrives later this week. 
nice...make sure to post some pics...I usually cop highs but I may turn the corner and cop some lows this year....

nice...make sure to post some pics...I usually cop highs but I may turn the corner and cop some lows this year....
Will do.  I actually ordered the same pair in two sizes after having to go .5 down in the highs I got.  Won't get to hoop in them for maybe another week but my second pair is already almost finished so I'd be surprised if it doesn't ship in the next couple days.

Do you ever hoop in lows?

Will do.  I actually ordered the same pair in two sizes after having to go .5 down in the highs I got.  Won't get to hoop in them for maybe another week but my second pair is already almost finished so I'd be surprised if it doesn't ship in the next couple days.

Do you ever hoop in lows?
I used to be back in the day but I sprained my ankle badly one time and ever since I've gone to mids/highs...It's probably all mental but I've just been waiting for a shoe to try to test the waters and go back to lows and this model may be the one since it's a nice wide shoe like the 2013s

I used to be back in the day but I sprained my ankle badly one time and ever since I've gone to mids/highs...It's probably all mental but I've just been waiting for a shoe to try to test the waters and go back to lows and this model may be the one since it's a nice wide shoe like the 2013s
Gotcha.  Well as soon as they're in I'll do my best to assess the fit/stability.

NDC countdown for these and the Huaraches today...Nike was only doing that for really hyped releases before this week. Is this the new norm?

Last edited:
Yeah....these are really GR so I doubt any of them sell out that quickly...I mean all sizes are still available as I'm typing this...

iD lows just came in.  These lows seem to fit closer to your foot in the toe box than the highs.  Part of that is probably due to having more heel padding and the fact that the material on a low tapers off at a shorter height than the highs (if that makes sense).

From a try-on, lockdown seems to be excellent and the comfort is great.  I actually ordered a .5 size down for comparison since I had to go half down in the highs.  I won't be hoopin in these until those arrive in about a week so I can decide which size to keep.

Here a couple quick shots

Last edited:

iD lows just came in.  These lows seem to fit closer to your foot in the toe box than the highs.  Part of that is probably due to having more heel padding and the fact that the material on a low tapers off at a shorter height than the highs (if that makes sense).

From a try-on, lockdown seems to be excellent and the comfort is great.  I actually ordered a .5 size down for comparison since I had to go half down in the highs.  I won't be hoopin in these until those arrive in about a week so I can decide which size to keep.

Very nice!  I'm a sucker for black & gold...

Last edited:

View media item 1120708View media item 1120709

View media item 1120710View media item 1120711

Those are dope man. Looking forward to that performance review

Back
Top Bottom