nike hyperdunk :: to cop or not to cop

Let's get real: there's NO reason to pay retail for these. Name a recent Nike basketball shoe that HASN'T been marked down to at least $85.

Originally Posted by lavan emanuel

They look cool. Haven't bought any Bball shoes in a long time - that weren't retroes of joints I had back in the day.
step your basketball/excersize game up man!

Originally Posted by Method Man

Let's get real: there's NO reason to pay retail for these. Name a recent Nike basketball shoe that HASN'T been marked down to at least $85.

Wow.

That is powerful right there. yet true.

And still Nike wants you to purchase a certain amount of goods even tho the margins aren't in their favor considering area coverage...

thats a very powerful statement right there bro ham!

Meth's right.

These will be marked down BUT sell thru will be good IF they produce some of the better color ways at Retail. Depends on what the Retailers will buy into.These have been produced in some GREAT colors...but it seems to never translate at Retail completely.

It could be a great shoe for the summer and fall with the colors available...but Black will do well but people can wait on a price cut. however if some of thecolors made up for the players were produced OR the Lifestyle colors MUCH better than the debacle of the BB1s are bought by retailers this could be somethingnice.

Someone has to get it right because the Consumer is ever changing and we need to pull back what we are making available so people WANT to buy it at releaseinstead of weeks later when Greg marks it down to sell right away!! lol

Meth's right.

These will be marked down BUT sell thru will be good IF they produce some of the better color ways at Retail. Depends on what the Retailers will buy into.These have been produced in some GREAT colors...but it seems to never translate at Retail completely.

It could be a great shoe for the summer and fall with the colors available...but Black will do well but people can wait on a price cut. however if some of thecolors made up for the players were produced OR the Lifestyle colors MUCH better than the debacle of the BB1s are bought by retailers this could be somethingnice.

Someone has to get it right because the Consumer is ever changing and we need to pull back what we are making available so people WANT to buy it at releaseinstead of weeks later when Greg marks it down to sell right away!! lol

With the economy being what it is now (even the "shoe economy" if you want to go there), its TOO much being released these days, as NIKE floodsthe market to guarantee a certain increased profit point yearly.

Thus, stores eventually suffer the most, not NIKE. As cheap as it is to actually make a shoe, please...

At one point (I argue 93-mid 02), you didn't have to "prioritize" your purchases as much as now.

It is what it is.
holla at me when they get to leesburg...

Basically. But its good to see a quality NEW basketball release for a change.

laugh.gif
myspace has a video of Kobe wearing these on the home page. He putsthem on and jumps over a car thats speeding towards him...
roll.gif
do you reallythink Kobe would do that 4-3 games away from the start of the post season...
laugh.gif

The problem is, people are so loyal to the reto shoes(most models were well designed and performance) that people are not giving the newer models a chance.Maybe if Nike lay off retro so many sneakers, so fast, people will consider buying the newer model full price. Regardless of the technology why I am going tobuy a sneaker for $110 when I know I can cop three months from now for $45-$60 or just cop a retro model with proven performace and nostaglia. Nike greatestcompetitor is itself. retro vs new model.

Originally Posted by Method Man

truth. but id be sooo pissed if i missed these. Everyone is right, this is one of the best non retro nike shoes in a while. I'm just gladthey're doing the GREATEST player in the league right with his shoes for once.

^^
laugh.gif
First time I saw that, I had the
eek.gif
look.

Anyways, I'm in need of a basketball shoe, and the original video was sick, so I'll probably try these out.

No, I don't believe that I'll be able to jump over a car.

Back
Top Bottom