Nike Hyperize review request?

Funny... I was actually getting ready to write my Huarache 09 review, and one of my major points was that the shoe is super-prone to rolling outwards...absolutely no lateral stability whatsoever

Originally Posted by whiplash

Funny... I was actually getting ready to write my Huarache 09 review, and one of my major points was that the shoe is super-prone to rolling outwards... absolutely no lateral stability whatsoever

That's right indeed. Just take in mind that the player on the pic is just waiting for the rebound he is not even running and you see how badly the shoerolls outward. You are totally right about the lateral stability the shoes stability is based on the outrigger, that's sad. At least the Hyperize has gotlateral stability not the best, though I definitely believe that the HD's lateral stability is by far better!
As for the review I gotta say that I'm waiting for it too, you do a very good job there, congrats!

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

28jzdhw.jpg
When I'm driving, that's what my foot feels like!! I don't see how more people aren't in here talking about rolled/sprainedankles. Thats just amazing to me.

good thing I came in here to check this out. I was gettin' ready to cop a pair tomm

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

WOW, I sold mine on EBAY for $76.
Can't wait for the BB3's.
Yeah the BB III owns the Hyperize! I Love my pair!

I didn't get a chance to try out the Hyperize, but after the Hyperdunk I don't expect anything better than average. Plus the $125 price tag is arobbery.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

WOW, I sold mine on EBAY for $76.
Can't wait for the BB3's.
Yeah the BB III owns the Hyperize! I Love my pair!

I didn't get a chance to try out the Hyperize, but after the Hyperdunk I don't expect anything better than average. Plus the $125 price tag is a robbery.
I totally agree with you guys, just like Greg said that after the Hyperdunk I surely don't expect anything better than average. As for the125$.. this shoe is not worth more than 90$
eyes.gif
. BB III what a great shoe! Iremember trying it on back in July and it surely impressed me just like the first BB did. An amazing shoe worth it's price tag!
wink.gif
And remember that it's the only one this year featuring full length zoom...

DO NOT, DO NOT get the hyperizes...they are horrible!!! the grip sucks, the fit is loose, there is way too much wiggle room in the toe area, and the worst partis they retail for $125. there is no way they are $20 more than the hyperdunks.

Originally Posted by KeonClark7

28jzdhw.jpg

do the flight clubs have the same problem with lateral cuts? i thought i saw a picture with flights clubs getting all twisted too. anyone got the pic?

All shoes bend but at a certain angle, not like that^! They may slide or bend a bit but when 80% of the outsole goes off the ground that's not normal. Haveyou seen any Kobe IV , Hyperdunk, ZLV, or any soldier ''twist''? I don't think so. Check the Huarache 2009 too, it has no lateral stabilityat all that's a reason for twisting too. The Hyperize on the pic does not slide thanks to the Flywire upper but it twist and moves the hole outsoleupwards! That's crazy! No good stability at all.

every shoe twists.u think a 15-20 ounce shoe can completely absorb the amount of force an average 150 pound person makes on a hard cut?much less players whoare 200 pounds and up.Ive seen pictures of foamposite shoes twisting.It becomes a problem when your foot is displaced within the shoe.which was a major problemwith the hyperizes

^^^^ I don't get it what happened?
ohwell.gif

Freak man, tonight I balled in my hyperizes and I was playing pg for my team, as a was taking the ball up court, I crossed my defender twice and then when forthe drive, one step and I felt the whole shoe twist and I f!@#$ slipped, twisted my ankle and fell
mad.gif

Originally Posted by goosebear10

every shoe twists.u think a 15-20 ounce shoe can completely absorb the amount of force an average 150 pound person makes on a hard cut?much less players who are 200 pounds and up.Ive seen pictures of foamposite shoes twisting.It becomes a problem when your foot is displaced within the shoe.which was a major problem with the hyperizes
That's true it happens but it is inexcusable when it comes to a high tech shoe which promised a lot but gave almost nothing. After the amazinghyperdunks this is a big disappointment. A foot displacement should not occur in a 125$ shoe which is utilizing all latest tech available. I've seen foamstwist just like you said that's so confusing though I would rate them lower tech wise compared to these. It's definitely a huge problem with thehyperizes...

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

A picture is worth a thousand words:

879362664ef09c8b351c2e09f514b04362f88843.jpg

This is what happened after maybe around 20 times of balling...
smh.gif
Damn... broken outrigger , I've never seen that before. Considering the look of the toebox I guess that it just couldn't hold you duringcuts..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JLking

ohwell.gif

Freak man, tonight I balled in my hyperizes and I was playing pg for my team, as a was taking the ball up court, I crossed my defender twice and then when for the drive, one step and I felt the whole shoe twist and I f!@#$ slipped, twisted my ankle and fell
mad.gif
That's what we've been talking about here..
ohwell.gif
Twisted shoe, broken ankle... Nothing more to say..
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Gggggas

Originally Posted by goosebear10

every shoe twists.u think a 15-20 ounce shoe can completely absorb the amount of force an average 150 pound person makes on a hard cut?much less players who are 200 pounds and up.Ive seen pictures of foamposite shoes twisting.It becomes a problem when your foot is displaced within the shoe.which was a major problem with the hyperizes
That's true it happens but it is inexcusable when it comes to a high tech shoe which promised a lot but gave almost nothing. After the amazing hyperdunks this is a big disappointment. A foot displacement should not occur in a 125$ shoe which is utilizing all latest tech available. I've seen foams twist just like you said that's so confusing though I would rate them lower tech wise compared to these. It's definitely a huge problem with the hyperizes...

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

A picture is worth a thousand words:

879362664ef09c8b351c2e09f514b04362f88843.jpg

This is what happened after maybe around 20 times of balling...
smh.gif
Damn... broken outrigger , I've never seen that before. Considering the look of the toebox I guess that it just couldn't hold you during cuts..
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JLking

ohwell.gif

Freak man, tonight I balled in my hyperizes and I was playing pg for my team, as a was taking the ball up court, I crossed my defender twice and then when for the drive, one step and I felt the whole shoe twist and I f!@#$ slipped, twisted my ankle and fell
mad.gif
That's what we've been talking about here..
ohwell.gif
Twisted shoe, broken ankle... Nothing more to say..
sick.gif
so is it safe to say hyperdunk > hyperize when balling?

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

so is it safe to say hyperdunk > hyperize when balling?
The Hyperdunk is probably the best basketball shoe I've ever had and to be honest I can't see another shoe on the market or even anupcoming sneaker as good as this. So to answer your question, they are definitely 100 times better than the Hyperize for balling!
smokin.gif

my friend plays pro ball in the philippines..

and he said they were discussing the hyperize at practice, and the consensus was it was an injury-prone shoe.

there's a lot of hype about lightness of shoes, but when i ball i want to be able to be confident about my sneakers.

We just got our team pair today. They are garbage. I thought the Hyperdunks were bad, but at least they were decent until the bottomed out. The Hyperizes areterrible out of the box. My foot moved all around the shoe.

They look good, I'll give them that. But the fit on these is horrible. I could feel my feet slipping from side to side just walking. And the flywire panelmade an irritating clicking sound everytime I took a step. It's a wonder why I see so many pros rocking them in the pre-season.

Co sign. I picked these up in FootLocker just to have a look and I was impressed at how cheap they are... I would guess these shoes cost 10bucks a pair to make, max. Cheapest flagship shoe I've seen in a LONG time

Go throw 90 bucks at anything on Adidas' Basketball line and it'll wipe the floor with this... Nike should be ashamed.

I was checking these out a few times while trying to make a decision for new ball shoes. I think the main problem is the fact that the flywire is perforated ormesh like. I think if it was flywire like the hyperdunk they would be fine, plus move up the last lace hole higher

Back
Top Bottom