Nike Hyperize review request?

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

^ two totally different shoes. The Hyperize probably weighs half as much as the Hypermax. If your a big like a 4 or a 5 i'd go for the hypermax.

See I'm more of a 3/4. I play the post and perimeter around the same. 6'7" 198-208. I just wanted to know which would be the better shoe for me.

There's no math equation for shoes. (Your height+ your weight = this type of cushioning.) It's all about personal preference. Fisher wears air maxtech, has for years, and he's one of the smaller players in the NBA. Go to the store, try them on for yourself, and then you'll see what cushioningsetup is a better choice for you. I'm a bigger guy (6'2" 240) and for me the AZK1 is perfect cushioning, and that's just zoom. Don't getsuckered in by marketing speak, find out for yourself

^ two totally different shoes. The Hyperize probably weighs half as much as the Hypermax. If your a big like a 4 or a 5 i'd go for the hypermax.

See I'm more of a 3/4. I play the post and perimeter around the same. 6'7" 198-208. I just wanted to know which would be the better shoe for me.

you're in the same spot as me personally i would go with the hypermax if you want something that will last you longer cause of your size pounding on thelunar will make it bottom out faster

thanks for the review scblazr05...it really helped now
glasses.gif
all i got to do is try it on myself i'm leaning on copping cuz i loved the hyperdunks

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

There's no math equation for shoes. (Your height+ your weight = this type of cushioning.) It's all about personal preference. Fisher wears air max tech, has for years, and he's one of the smaller players in the NBA. Go to the store, try them on for yourself, and then you'll see what cushioning setup is a better choice for you. I'm a bigger guy (6'2" 240) and for me the AZK1 is perfect cushioning, and that's just zoom. Don't get suckered in by marketing speak, find out for yourself

There's no store around me that sells a size 15 or 16.

Just copped with the 50% off FTL EA.
tongue.gif

They a FULL size TOO BIG, easy.
sick.gif

Luckily I went a half size down, but I still need to wear thick socks.
ohwell.gif

Just walking around they tend to pinch the toes
eyes.gif

Seems like a large volume Zoom unit in the heel
and I can't really feel the Lunar Foam in the forefront
They are a tad lighter than my Soldier III "POPs"
The quality is good but the mesh tongue could be thicker
Not totally in love yet, but I mzy ball in them tommorrow.

just some notes on the shoe since im really behind on my reviews....
-ankle support..whats that???
-tongue is thin and really high
-fit was bad..as in I changed direction and the shoe folded..unlike the hyperdunks the heel support isnt as good and theres no phylon wing on the lateral sideand the phylon on the medial side doesnt come up as high to cup your foot.I really had to sinch in the laces to keep my foot from moving around.
-cushioning was ok Ive only played in them twice..Im thinking nike might have tuned their lunar foam a little because Ive worn my lunarglides about as much asmy lunar racers and the lunarglides are still going..we'll see I saw a dropoff in the hyperdunks after 5 wears so ill update that as it goes along..
-traction was better than the hyperdunks
-not really sure why yet..but the shoe doesnt seem to move with your foot.I found it felt like the shoe was fighting me as I ran and had strange flexpoints..maybe Im wording this wrong but it just felt like the shoe was fighting me as I ran.

Ive only played in them twice so we'll see...biggest gripe so far was the lack of heel support as well as just overall support

Ok, I really tried to like this shoe, but when you have the Kobe IV, Lebron VI, and CP3.2 in your rotation it's hard to go with mediocre. Here is myofficial review after only one full day of balling, I'm out. http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/myselph77/?action=view&current=IMG_3360.jpg PROS: Very light, Flat footbed with low arch (I have flatfeet), Good traction, Very stable, CONS: Since the shoe runs big I went down a half a size, but now I feel like I would be happier with a 8.5. The shoe pinchesto top of the toes with every step! http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/myselph77/?action=view&current=IMG_3377.jpg Seems like the toebox is just to long and narrow, I evendouble socked, but it didn't help. Then I tried an insole to no avail. I hate to know that a shoe is "there" or think about my shoes, but thesethings scream for attention as opposed to a simple "I got you" that I think makes the ZKIV most people's favorite. Cushioning wise, its nothingto be excited about. You can't really feel the ZOOM or Lunar Foam working for you, but it's there. It definitely doesn't feel like the same set-upas the ZKIV. These shoes are very flimsy in the upper, due to the flywire. Since I'm one of the few who didn't play in the Hyperdunk, I tried to giveit a chance. But the shoe seems to be constantly moving against you like some sort of living organism. It isn't as noticeable while your playing fast on abreak, but just basic cuts or getting into position and it's back, flexing in all the wrong places. This shoe is also very delicate, I sustain quite a bitof damage in one wearing. http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/myselph77/?action=view&current=IMG_3381.jpg http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/myselph77/?action=view&current=IMG_3385.jpg Even the insole is crap! http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg11/myselph77/?action=view&current=IMG_3382.jpg All in All, I paid $75 bucks for this shoe and I'm notsatisfied. It feels like a $59 dollar shoe, but it retails for $125.

^^
eek.gif
dang..you make me feel better about picking the kobe iv over the hyperize. were you balling outdoor or indoor?

Shoe bends in half... go to your local store, take out all the stuffing and flex it in the middle. the toe will touch the tongue. i think the carbon fiberplate is too thin. gonna give you plantar fasciitis if you play a season in them. beware.
frown.gif

Wow, nice review Kadilac.. Very detailed and informative... And yes, this shoe is fits WAY TOO BIG. I'm a size 10, and I had to even double-sock whenwearing a 9.5.

Also, the extra piece of rubber sole protruding on the outside of the shoe tore on one of my shoe... smh. Everything else is pretty decent.

I played outdoor last night for the first time.... I didnt like em one bit. I have weak ankles and one cut, I rolled my ankles (No Ankle Support). And everyonetalking about how it moves was so funny. Last night when I was driving, I couldnt figure out why it felt so weird. But they are ABSOLUTELY right. It bends inweird spots, so you dont feel like your "Natural" way of playing (if that makes any sense) Lol!!

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

I paid $75 bucks for this shoe and I'm not satisfied. It feels like a $59 dollar shoe, but it retails for $125.

Co-sign!! I only paid $70 for mine off of ebay. If I wouldve paid more, Ida been upset!! Now, I have to go looking to spend more money for another pair ofbasketball shoes.
tired.gif

Whiplash, you didn't experience any issues whatsoever?!?

I can't believe you gave this shoe a A-

I say D+

only the weight gives it a plus.

i just played in this shoe for 2+ hours and must say this is the worst shoe I ever played in. It is so uncomfortable. It feels like my foot was constantlysliding around in the shoe, even when it was tied extremely tight. No lockdown whatsoever. Ifelt like I was always going to twist my ankle. Don't get mestarted on ankle support, its non existent. Also there's no cushion, mo flywire or zoom. I didn't feel neither. Im headed out to return these ASAP!!!$125 for these peices of $#!*
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

uh oh lots of bad reviews. I haven't played in mine yet but used it a couple of times casually. in my observation, the fit and comfort around the anklesimproved a lot when I laced them all the way up to the holes on the side of the ankle instead of using the last hole for the shoe lace. (sorry cant describe itwell)

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

Whiplash, you didn't experience any issues whatsoever?!?

I can't believe you gave this shoe a A-

I say D+

only the weight gives it a plus.

I'm seeing that people either love the Hyperize or absolutely hate it - just like the Hyperdunk. I didn't really experience any problems at all withthis shoe at all. Maybe it's the foot type? I think people with slim feet won't like these shoes... they're pretty roomy, so lockdown will suck ifyou favor shoes like the super-narrow Foam Lites. I got mine from eastbay with 50% cash back from bing, so I can't complain. I will say that I don'tthink this is a $124 shoe, esp with the Zoom Soldier III priced at $109. I'd probably price the Hyperize at around $90 at most.

Damn! Isn't that supposed to be dangerous when it bends like that on some big lateral forces? I mean Kobe has been doing these moves too but we never sawthe HD's nor Kobe IV's bend like that. There has been some construction flaws on the whole Hyperize project which they just didn't notice!That's sad for a HD brother, they could have fixed these flaws and make it truly amazing and I'm referring to Leo the designer who made an incompleteproject.. Props though on the design, very good looking!
I just remember a similar pic of the Huarache 2009's posted at the eastbay march madness on sole. In this case the heel is the only part of the shoe thatholds contact to the ground and the outrigger which is logical, imagine shoes that badly bend like this without having an outrigger! I really don't want todo that... Check it out
swcal09s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom