Nike Hyperrev 2016

I copped a pair for the low at the outlets and hooped in em for the first time. The strap keeps coming undone on hard cuts. Is that a common issue with these?

Other than that I liked em but I ain't keepin em if they do that. I'll give em one more run

yah I think it easily comes loose

I really do not think it provides any support if you tie your laces tight enough so just do not strap/pull on it too tight and keep it loose so it isn't forced/pulled when you make cuts or just fold them

for $35 and how well it performs, I'd even just cut the damn strap off and continue playing in them than returning them

maybe go to nike chat and whine about it to try and get a 20% code even :lol:

Lmao not a bad idea.
I think u might be right though on lacing them tight and not pulling the strap tight. For some reason since it kept coming off, my instinct was to pull it as tight as I could lol. I'll try that next time.

I got the Sky Diggs edition for $32.

Shot around in em. Great cushioning, but they run hot as heck. Gotta wear super thin grip socks with these or its a swamp in there!

played in them today too and didn't have that issue

what I was pleasantly surprised though is the traction considering I play on a very, very slipper floor

and yeah just don't pull on that strap too much, just kind of let it fall naturally and tap it on to the velcro and it'll stay there and won't flap around

View media item 2231998

yah I think it easily comes loose

I really do not think it provides any support if you tie your laces tight enough so just do not strap/pull on it too tight and keep it loose so it isn't forced/pulled when you make cuts or just fold them

for $35 and how well it performs, I'd even just cut the damn strap off and continue playing in them than returning them

maybe go to nike chat and whine about it to try and get a 20% code even :lol:

Finally tried em for a 2nd time and ima take em back. Just aint gonna wear em. The strap still comes undone, and i played with the strap not down and u can tell the lockdown is no bueno. Prolly pick up a T shirt and call it a day :lol:

Tossed my pair on eBay because the heel fit isn't perfect for me. Cushioning is great but there's too many good shoes out right now to settle. I'll always have a pair of the rev 14 and 15.

I am loving my pair so far, the cushioning is amazing and the traction has just surpassed my expectations, it has less slipping than the Kobe Mentality's and that has very good traction overall.

Weird about the strap but this isn't the first time I've heard of it being a problem, just happy it isn't an issue in my pair.

Hideous, come on Nike. That wavy *** midsole is just garbage! Looks like I need to find another pair of those Bradley Beal PE's cause these are gross.

Nike basketball has gone so downhill. The original Hyperrev looked so good, this looks like a hiking boot or something.  

Last edited:
^, those are straight doo-doo. Gave up on the Hyperdunk line, time to give up on the short-lived (to me) Hyperrev line. First three pairs were really nice, especially the last two. These are just garbage. Nike basketball seriously needs a refresh in design.

They actually kinda growing on me :rofl:
Not the black/gums. The white joints are clean but would never get em. The right cw + discounts + good performance reviews could get me. Def have a sneakerboot vibe which is weird for a hoop shoe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom