Nike Ja 1 | Ja Morant’s First Signature Shoe

IMG_2703.jpeg
IMG_2704.jpeg
IMG_2705.jpeg

In the wild. Simple. Wish both sneakers “matched” though

JS”

I passed on them a few times. Not sure if I’ll regret it.

I hope they’re comfortable at least.

Finally got to run a couple games in my Ja 1 and I am pleasantly surprised. Based on what NikeTalk was saying I didnt think I'd like them, but I love them. Played without my custom insoles and really liked them, cushion was actually good. Traction is great, fit for me was great, these have absolutely found a spot in the rotation. This will be one of those shoes for me where if the colorways that come out are great and I can catch them on sale, I will end up with too many pairs, more than I can wear.

Finally got to run a couple games in my Ja 1 and I am pleasantly surprised. Based on what NikeTalk was saying I didnt think I'd like them, but I love them. Played without my custom insoles and really liked them, cushion was actually good. Traction is great, fit for me was great, these have absolutely found a spot in the rotation. This will be one of those shoes for me where if the colorways that come out are great and I can catch them on sale, I will end up with too many pairs, more than I can wear.
I've been saying these are really good all-around performers :lol:. Didn't understand the hate they seem to get. Yeah maybe the materials aren't "premium" but you're not paying a premium price for them at retail or below.

More comfortable than what models? Lebron 20? KD 15 or Kyrie 8?
I like the Ja better all around than all 3. Lebron was good for me but too bouncy. KD too zoomy also. Loved the Kyrie when broken in. But the Ja is just more well balanced for me. I credit the fit, the grip and moderate amount of cushioning. Goldilocks, not too much not too little, just right.

IMG_3601.jpeg

Gave my fuels another session this morning. Def felt way better on the court while cutting and going to add to my rotation going forward.

I think I need to tighten my shoes more though as my toes are taking a beating while hitting the toe box area. Similar to how the kyrie 2s felt near the toe box as that material is like synthetic plastic too.

Hope the other trivia pair releases though soon.

Side note, I restored my BHM 11s but the soles are bottomed out so I played one game in them before I switched out.

Last edited:
IMG_3601.jpeg

Gave my fuels another session this morning. Def felt way better on the court while cutting and going to add to my rotation going forward.

I think I need to tighten my shoes more though as my toes are taking a beating while hitting the toe box area. Similar to how the kyrie 2s felt near the toe box as that material is like synthetic plastic too.

Hope the other trivia pair releases though soon.

Side note, I restored my BHM 11s but the soles are bottomed out so I played one game in them before I switched out.
Especially in a tile court like that. Need some cushion. I play in a similar court

Back
Top Bottom