Nike KD 15

I really, really want to hoop in these but after one session, my foot hurts really bad from the top of my foot to the bottom because of the blue lace holes. These lace holes in particular run from the top of the shoe to the bottom so that's why I felt the pain on the top and bottom.

I had some heel slippage so I tightened them and I think I tightened them too much which caused the foot pain. Any idea how to reduce the heel slippage without having to crank down the laces? I thought about skipping those two lace holes but then I'm only using 4 lace holes. Worried that might not be enough lockdown.
KD15.jpeg

Last edited:
I really, really want to hoop in these but after one session, my foot hurts really bad from the top of my foot to the bottom because of the blue lace holes. These lace holes in particular run from the top of the shoe to the bottom so that's why I felt the pain on the top and bottom.

I had some heel slippage so I tightened them and I think I tightened them too much which caused the foot pain. Any idea how to reduce the heel slippage without having to crank down the laces? I thought about skipping those two lace holes but then I'm only using 4 lace holes. Worried that might not be enough lockdown.
KD15.jpeg

I got similar foot pain in my midfoot from the yellow colorway. Mostly got pain from where the lower part of the wing touched my foot right above the midsole. I thought it was the wing needing to break in. Hadn’t thought it was eyelet strap causing me the problem. I think you nailed the problem. I put a slightly thicker and denser insole in the shoes, which helped push the shoe way from my foot in that area, improved the fit and reduced the pressure.

I ended up sending the pair back to Nike with intent of buying another pair to see if it was just a problem with the pair I had or if the model just fits my foot wrong in the midfoot. Not long after I got the Lebron XXs which have been great. This removed all the urgency for me getting another pair. Now I’m just looking for a good colorway for around $100-120 and then I’ll try again.

Anyway, try out some different insoles and see if that helps. Hope it does because the rest of the shoe is pretty great.

I am curious about the move gameday insoles. Not really looking to drop $60 on the pro versions tho.

Nike really struck gold with Jordan and the money printer he became to this day because you saw the guy wear his shoes and you could buy the same shoe. I'm not sure what this strategy they have lately is but if these sig lines of today ever want to carry even the tiniest fraction of the nostalgia the Jordan line has then this is definitely not it.

Nike really struck gold with Jordan and the money printer he became to this day because you saw the guy wear his shoes and you could buy the same shoe. I'm not sure what this strategy they have lately is but if these sig lines of today ever want to carry even the tiniest fraction of the nostalgia the Jordan line has then this is definitely not it.
I completely agree with your point, but is that something the younger generations care about? I truly wonder if they’d rather have what the players wear, or if they’d rather cop some collab with some brand/entity they identify with

I completely agree with your point, but is that something the younger generations care about? I truly wonder if they’d rather have what the players wear, or if they’d rather cop some collab with some brand/entity they identify with
Yeah thats fine and all. Honestly I feel like the collabs will sell regardless for both older and younger consumers.

I just refuse to believe that with even more focus on what signature athletes are wearing on court these days that they would lose money making these CW’s available. If they were so concerned then do what they did for when Kobe had his last game and they made it available through NikeID.

You might be 100% right though, maybe Nike consumers don’t care and will happily buy a “Brooklyn Graffiti” KD 15. I just can’t believe how far Nike basketball signature lines have strayed away from actually selling what their players wear.

And I’m fine with players wanting PE’s, but with Nike even abandoning NikeID for their sig models it has essentially left the consumer having only retail options. Which have been worse year over with some exceptions. So now its like I can’t buy what the player wears, I can’t even make my own CW’s or even try to replicate a player’s PE.

I’m just confused by the approach from both Nike and its Sig athletes when the whole point is to sell shoes. Otherwise why do you even have a signature shoe in the first place.

Last edited:
I got similar foot pain in my midfoot from the yellow colorway. Mostly got pain from where the lower part of the wing touched my foot right above the midsole. I thought it was the wing needing to break in. Hadn’t thought it was eyelet strap causing me the problem. I think you nailed the problem. I put a slightly thicker and denser insole in the shoes, which helped push the shoe way from my foot in that area, improved the fit and reduced the pressure.

I ended up sending the pair back to Nike with intent of buying another pair to see if it was just a problem with the pair I had or if the model just fits my foot wrong in the midfoot. Not long after I got the Lebron XXs which have been great. This removed all the urgency for me getting another pair. Now I’m just looking for a good colorway for around $100-120 and then I’ll try again.

Anyway, try out some different insoles and see if that helps. Hope it does because the rest of the shoe is pretty great.
Yup! That's exactly where my pain was as well. I thought it was arch pain at first but the lateral and medial sides of my foot hurt and then I also realized my foot hurt on both sides in two places: where the two lace holes in the wings are. I tried lacing them and skipping the lace holes I circled originally but it was the wing/plastic piece as you mentioned that was causing the pain.

I also tried a different insole, albeit a very thick one, and I didn't like how high I was riding off the ground. One of my favorite features of this shoe is the low-to-the-ground/court feel.

I was able to reduce the heel slip by doing runner's loops but there's still little bit of heel slip. I'm going to experiment with skipping the wings (but still lacing the lace hole on the shoe) and only lacing the lateral side of the wings.

I feel like Nike would've made a 10/10 shoe (at least for my feet and play style) if they used a more straight-line lacing pattern, rather than the zig-zag pattern they went with where alternating lace holes sit higher over the top of your foot. I feel like the uneven laces create pressure/hot spots and are what cause the pain.

Does anyone have any legit info to why we cannot customize any of the sig models as of late? To my knowledge the PG line is done after this year. Due to Kyrie’s shenanigans, his deal has come to an end. Bron hasn’t had his sig up for customization for years. But Giannis and KD has not been up on nikebyou for customs and I’m curious to know why. Is it due to the ongoing supply chain issues or just a marketing trend. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I think that’s their strategy. Similar to what Nike has been doing with the Lebron line. 10-15 years down the line when they will release these “exclusive” cw that the public didn’t get a chance to buy. Half of the consumers will want them the other half will want the “OG” GR CW…

I think that’s their strategy. Similar to what Nike has been doing with the Lebron line. 10-15 years down the line when they will release these “exclusive” cw that the public didn’t get a chance to buy. Half of the consumers will want them the other half will want the “OG” GR CW…
10-15 years down the line that consumer won't care like they do in the moment, Jordan's shoe sold in the moment and because that they sell 10-15 years later and even 3 decades after that.

10-15 years down the line that consumer won't care like they do in the moment, Jordan's shoe sold in the moment and because that they sell 10-15 years later and even 3 decades after that.
I hear ya, just my two cents 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom