Nike KD 16

Guessing mine will go from having not truly shipped to tomorrow I get an "arriving tomorrow" notice.

much wider base, too? I saw WT review mentioned that. I thought the 15's did a good job at that. my one big critique with the 12 and 13 models..
Yea the base is definitely wider than the 12,13 nd even the 15. Also I noticed after playing a game in them they loosen up quite a bit nd then you gotta tighten em up really good to get back secure.

Yea the base is definitely wider than the 12,13 nd even the 15. Also I noticed after playing a game in them they loosen up quite a bit nd then you gotta tighten em up really good to get back secure.
how would you say courtfeel/ride height is compared to the 15?
and just as smooth of a transition? all I've heard is "solid cushioning" but havent really heard how that compares to the 15

Thanks again for the info.

Do you like them and how do you rank them comparing them to the 12-15's?

how would you say courtfeel/ride height is compared to the 15?
and just as smooth of a transition? all I've heard is "solid cushioning" but havent really heard how that compares to the 15
Courtfeel is a tad lower to the ground compared to the 15s but feels higher than the 14’s. The cushioning isnt super soft but it’s responsive nd has a nice ride going heel to toe.

Thanks again for the info.

Do you like them and how do you rank them comparing them to the 12-15's?
They definitely better than the 12, 13 nd 15 but i think the 14 is better because they grip the court better nd the court feel is better while also having great cushioning.

I wear KDs casually and I'm always excited to try the newest ones out, but I did end up really liking the burgundy CW in person once they arrived.

Not feeling the blue/fuschia, but the black/purple is nice.

They definitely better than the 12, 13 nd 15 but i think the 14 is better because they grip the court better nd the court feel is better while also having great cushioning.

Hey man when it comes to you talking about the 13's you better

1690898756824.gif

Because those are one of my favorites, that double stacked Zoom is

1690898826303.gif

Again thanks for the info!

13s were amazing for ball
Basically perfect with 2 flaws- at least for me they contained sweat worse than any shoe I ever had. I literally had to put them in front of a fan to dry them when I got home otherwise they’d smell horrible. Never done that with any shoe before. Other flaw they don’t look good. Not horrible but below avg. Performance on court was 🐐 status imo

13s were amazing for ball
Basically perfect with 2 flaws- at least for me they contained sweat worse than any shoe I ever had. I literally had to put them in front of a fan to dry them when I got home otherwise they’d smell horrible. Never done that with any shoe before. Other flaw they don’t look good. Not horrible but below avg. Performance on court was 🐐 status imo

I'm glad that we have a fellow 13 lover on this site!

Yes you're right about then being magnets for heat and making your feet sweat. Many complain about the materials and f newer shoes and how they're not leather etc but to me that's a good thing.

It means you can WASH THEM in the washer!

Yes I wash my basketball and running shoes in the washing machine and don't see any negative effects from it.

Get you two of these

1690911355992.jpeg

and you're good to go. I've washed KD 13, 14, 15, Lebron 19's and 20 Violet Frosts and have seen no issues. Slightly worried about the tongue on the 20's but so far they're good.

I don't wash all shoes because of f the material but many basketball shoes can be washed.

But yes, performance is goat status for them.

Now that i think about it the 13’s were pretty good. I had the 13’s in the middle of the pandemic nd mostly played outdoors in em nd ran through em fast.

I'm glad that we have a fellow 13 lover on this site!

Yes you're right about then being magnets for heat and making your feet sweat. Many complain about the materials and f newer shoes and how they're not leather etc but to me that's a good thing.

It means you can WASH THEM in the washer!

Yes I wash my basketball and running shoes in the washing machine and don't see any negative effects from it.

Get you two of these

1690911355992.jpeg

and you're good to go. I've washed KD 13, 14, 15, Lebron 19's and 20 Violet Frosts and have seen no issues. Slightly worried about the tongue on the 20's but so far they're good.

I don't wash all shoes because of f the material but many basketball shoes can be washed.

But yes, performance is goat status for them.
That’s cool I never thought about washing them like that. Wasn’t sure if it’d mess with the cushioning or sole set up after soaking in water

That’s cool I never thought about washing them like that. Wasn’t sure if it’d mess with the cushioning or sole set up after soaking in water

I definitely feel you but it was to the point that I didn't have a choice.

Like you I wore them and they were soaked. I cleaned them off with a rag, soap and water. The next day they were still wet and smelly. :rofl:

I had to put them in the washer once and have been washing basketball shoes ever since.

Oh and I don't notice any difference in the cushion.

I definitely feel you but it was to the point that I didn't have a choice.

Like you I wore them and they were soaked. I cleaned them off with a rag, soap and water. The next day they were still wet and smelly. :rofl:

I had to put them in the washer once and have been washing basketball shoes ever since.

Oh and I don't notice any difference in the cushion.
Main thing is the dryer - don’t dry them or the heat will kill the glue and midsoles.

If anyone copped can you comment on the heel lockdown? I had to stash the 15s so quick because they were unplayable for me. If they fix that I’ll definitely be getting a pair because I wanted to like the 15s but just couldn’t with the heel problems.

If anyone copped can you comment on the heel lockdown? I had to stash the 15s so quick because they were unplayable for me. If they fix that I’ll definitely be getting a pair because I wanted to like the 15s but just couldn’t with the heel problems.

I used the runnners loop on the 15's and it helps a lot but I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Im curious to see if a solid rubber outsole traction would be better than this translucent. If these had KD 15 level traction they’d be perfect. Been hoopin in em almost everyday since i got em nd the traction gets better but it just doesn’t bite the floor like i want it to.

Back
Top Bottom