Votes: 1 10.0%
  • .5 Size Down

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 1 Size Up

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 Size Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm about to clear out most of my 6's, although I like the WTKD and Gumbo's so I'll be keeping those. Just don't wear the others at all and yeah the shoe itself does feel pretty cheap.

Anyone play in this with .5 size up? I got pre-heat in 8.5 but my tts is 8. I got USA in 8 and they fit perfect. Just want to know how it feel so I can unds my pre-heat if it not that much different.

The "KD is a Snake" colourway. Haha. Kidding, he can do whatever he wants with his career. I would have loved to see a red swoosh. Bad Apple style.

How would you guys rank the KD 9, xx9, and rev 16 on cushioning alone?
Cushioning alone, these might be the best performers I have ever laced up. I like a little extra zoom, but that articulation in the forefoot is incredibly helpful.

(Not related to your message) I'm in the camp who doesn't like the boost cushioning on any of the basketball shoes, so when someone says boost is the best cushioning setup on a ball shoe, I don't believe them. Don't get me wrong, impact protection wise it's a great system. But I had always wanted the pure or ultra boost feel to my sneakers, though it would make the shoe unstable. The reason I love zoom so much is because I'm relatively un-athletic. Especially compared to a lot of the other guys I play with. I don't get a crazy amount of lift, ect. Those guys can play in kleenex boxes and they'd feel just as good as any other shoe, haha. But the springiness I get from the KD9s makes me feel like I can do anything. Well, not dunk because I'm realistic, but I was able to block a few shots against bigger guys, and I'm not really a dominant figure. 5'8 (probably 5'9 in these shoes), 142-145 depending on the day. Average build, a little extra fat, haha. You get the picture. Either way, I like these even more than my hyperrevs, which for me is saying a lot because the first ones and the new ones have been my key shoes, even with Kobe's, Jordan's, LeBron's in my lineup. 

Basically, get the KD9s (not one with translucent soles) because you'll be happy with the setup. 

So, my Mic drops arrive this Wednesday. Is the Zoom Air really that bouncy/responsive just by walking?

Played in my mic drops today for a couple hours. Fit is just right going TTS and wearing Elite socks. Break in time was almost nonexistent. Pretty amazing. Zoom is very springy. So much better than the 8s (which I think are way too hard and dead feeling). Knees felt good after playing in them. The articulation is great. Makes the shoes flexible without sacrificing cushioning. Heel to toe transition is smooth with the articulation. Side to side stability feels a little lacking with so much bouncy zoom. Made me hesitate a bit on some hard lateral moves - mostly noticeable on defense. Not sure if this a long term issue or if I just need to adjust to playing in the shoes. Support was very good - I never felt like the shoe was tippy or that my foot was coming off the foot bed during cuts (an issue with other knit shoes). Traction is good to very good so far. Hope it gets better with more break in.

Starting to think I am going to have to break down and get these..... Usually only play in low top Kobe's. Just not sold on the tongue. Anyone had any issues with it?

Cushioning alone, these might be the best performers I have ever laced up. I like a little extra zoom, but that articulation in the forefoot is incredibly helpful.

(Not related to your message) I'm in the camp who doesn't like the boost cushioning on any of the basketball shoes, so when someone says boost is the best cushioning setup on a ball shoe, I don't believe them. Don't get me wrong, impact protection wise it's a great system. But I had always wanted the pure or ultra boost feel to my sneakers, though it would make the shoe unstable. The reason I love zoom so much is because I'm relatively un-athletic. Especially compared to a lot of the other guys I play with. I don't get a crazy amount of lift, ect. Those guys can play in kleenex boxes and they'd feel just as good as any other shoe, haha. But the springiness I get from the KD9s makes me feel like I can do anything. Well, not dunk because I'm realistic, but I was able to block a few shots against bigger guys, and I'm not really a dominant figure. 5'8 (probably 5'9 in these shoes), 142-145 depending on the day. Average build, a little extra fat, haha. You get the picture. Either way, I like these even more than my hyperrevs, which for me is saying a lot because the first ones and the new ones have been my key shoes, even with Kobe's, Jordan's, LeBron's in my lineup. 

Basically, get the KD9s (not one with translucent soles) because you'll be happy with the setup. 

So, the KD 9's made you jump higher and run faster? :lol:

Bruh, when i read the release dates and CWs and saw jade I instantly knew this teal would be dope. Its these or NMDs, im so conflicted.

Would somebody who has pair of KD 9 pre heat be kind enough to post a pic of the small 8 dots on the back of the shoe of the outsole? I bought a pair from kicks crew and I have suspicions of receiving a fake pair. Thanks.

So, the KD 9's made you jump higher and run faster?
laugh.gif
Haha, it made me feel like I could. I do think it helped in getting a quicker first step though. Just with the spring like effect from the articulation in the front.

Back
Top Bottom