Nike kd iv initial impressions

After 2 runs I'm stll not sure how I feel about the kd iv's...took about 4 games to really break in the shoe.The shoe is extremely rigid which is a good thing when cutting.More than any other kd,the iv really feels like a low top.The adaptive fit strap does a great job locking the middle of the foot in place.traction on an unswept court was naturally bad but constant wiping made the traction manageable.On a swept court,traction was very good.The fuse upper is a bit on the stiff side on initial wears but the seamless fit and breathability make up for the slight narrowness and initial stiffness.Cushioning seemed to get better as some of the midsole stiffness subsided.Based on comparisons versus the previous shoes in the line,the iv really feels like the line went in another direction.Comparing this shoe versus previous models isnt a good starting point.More to comeHttp://www.undsed.tumblr.com

Good stuff. Did you go true to size or half a size up? I'm an 11 in the KD3s, but heard these might run small.

any new impressions on these? got a pair coming in tomorrow. i've heard good things about the KDiiis traction, so i figured these would be similar. the one thing i didn't like about the III was how clompy the shoe felt. i dunno why but the midsole felt stiff and clumsy. do these have the same problem?

played in my aways and they feel a lot like the kobe 5. the strap makes sure your foot is in place. overall, i like the low cut feel and the responsiveness when cutting or changing direction.

It feels like the kd iv tried to do too many things at once.The iv scraps almost everything and starts over.The move to a lowtop was a little shocking.I actually liked the 5/8 cut.While that certainly wasn't going to stop me from rolling my ankle,I just liked the extra coverage and it also keeps the kd in a class of it's own.Now instead of a Kobe or a hyperfuse or hyperdunk low,we now have to contend with the kd iv.Aside from the adaptive fit strap and midfoot support what really separates the kd iv from the hyperfuse low?Both share the same cushioning set up,I'll give slight edge to the kd for traction but give the hyperfuse the slight edge in fit.Sure the kd iv is light but so are a bunch of other shoes out there.what made the kd line great is that there wasn't anything like it.The fit strap is great.It really locks down the middle of my foot and with the rigid midsole keeps my foot in line.Initially I had concerns of durability of the strap and whether the strap would give my flat foot problems by putting pressure on my arches but thankfully no problems except during the break in period.

the first impression and the updates are appreciated.

i've yet to try these on or even set foot in a shoe store and see them in person lol.

nasty blisters on both pinky toes after 2 hrs of bball.

hope this goes away as i haven't been able to play, or even walk around comfortably, for 4 days now.

otherwise, they have good traction, cushioning, lockdown (strap), ankle & foot support, and ventilation. 

Originally Posted by clkru

hope this goes away as i haven't been able to play, or even walk around comfortably, for 4 days now.

otherwise, they have good traction, cushioning, lockdown (strap), ankle & foot support, and ventilation. 

Did you wear two pairs of socks?

Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv

Nope and I never do (makes my feet too hot).  I've also never had a shoe blister my pinky toes before, so this was kind of a lame surprise.

Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv

Nope and I never do (makes my feet too hot).  I've also never had a shoe blister my pinky toes before, so this was kind of a lame surprise.

Possibly due to the fitting? Did you go half a size up? I didn't have great experience with the III's, so I'll stick to my Hyperdunks.

wore these for the first time and I was a lil nervous about how low these kicks are

The first play I go up strong and landed hard on my feet, I felt a lil bit of pain in my right ankle (the foot I landed on first) this did not happen again and I was jumping a lot so maybe they broke in or sumtin. Ill probably add another post after a couple weeks of work until I fully break em in

exact same boat here brotha! had blisters on my pinky toes too. think its cause i went TTS when i should have went half a size up and got a 10. but i think they're broken in now because i havent had no real rubbage on my pinky toe! thinking about getting the cool greys or IDing me all blacks with a white swoosh with a size 10 though.

Narrow have blisters on pinky but other than that i like em ill just either use y elite socks or double sock on the next run

been playing strong in the kobe v's for the last two seasons and looking to throw something else in the mix - anyone know how these compare? also, wondering how these would fair with a Nike SB heel zoom insole?

Ive heard a lot of guys talking good bout these shoes down the gym, the strap looks lock down but they are too low for me. Not big into the zoom air either, i my pick up a pair over the summer on discount but for now ill stick to my max sweep thru
smile.gif

Length wise they are true to size, but they do run narrow.
I got a 13.5 for the YOTD instead of my usual 13. The width is perfect, but it is quite a bit long.
It definitely took a while to break into my YOTD (about 7+ hours of full court basketball).
I would definitely recommend for those who are frugal like me.

Yeah my 9.5 KD 4s are totally broken in because I've played with them for like way more than 24 hours worth, but they kinda hurt my feet and still rub on my pinky toes. Thinking about either getting a size 10 in them or trying to invest in a shoe with more cushion. Not sure though.

after about 9 hours of basketball, these shoes STILL BLISTER MY PINKIES and seem to be losing their heel cushioning.

IMO, the KD IV is a HUGE step back from the KD III in terms of performance.  seems like his line has gone more toward hype (limited colorways) than performance, which is sad since KD seems to exude the exact opposite on and off the court.

Will be donating my KD IVs to Goodwill this week.

Back
Top Bottom