NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

Prob just get a react drop in midsole. Love the 8 looks wise, but very much dislike drop in midsoles. No shot they switch that up though. I’ll be in for sulfers and/or fades only.

Prob just get a react drop in midsole. Love the 8 looks wise, but very much dislike drop in midsoles. No shot they switch that up though. I’ll be in for sulfers and/or fades only.

flightposite 3 and lebron 4 had zoom attached to the insoles so it can be done.

Even if I’m unhappy with the drop in midsole retooling….. purple fades are mandatory

Hopefully they make em attainable. Vanessa are you reading this? Lol

Purple Fades (gradient, whatev) would be a very welcomed return. I remember this model being infamous for not having a true Laker colorway lol. I’m still here for these.

Fall of 23? Starting to get the feeling that 99% of us will never be buying a new Kobe sneaker again unless it's in a form of a NFT. Weren't these to be 'Protros' rather than 'retro' because they would still be a contemporary signature (ex: people, kids actually playing in them, wearing them casually, etc)?

Pro players wearing these in the future (in the form of PEs) benefit from new tech, but it really doesn't affect the rest of all that much on Instagram.

I think an opinion was formed that if this line was ever produced in numbers again, they would eventually sit in large numbers. Seems like the value in the line is now viewed as brand marketing.

People/fans who want to buy Kobes in some resemblance of how they could in the past would have probably been much better off if they were produced by another company w/o the swoosh on the side of them.

An OC, Cloak, Beethoven, Chaos, etc, w/o a swoosh that could be purchased and worn for less than $1K is a lot better than none at all.

Got my pair early! Went straight to foot!!
CD4AFA92-FCB5-4C67-9260-5DA8144F13D7.jpeg

That’s the one pair I didn’t really care for. Bought a pair for my ex, they aged horribly.

Back
Top Bottom