NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

I like the OG thin tongue more. The leather used on the Protro tongue isn't that great and not very flexible/breathable. If they really wanted better comfort and padding they could have took the nylon fabric tongue from the Elites. The tongue from the GT Cut 1 also heavily reminded me of the 8s in shape.

Can anyone compare the fit of the VB to the kd16, Kobe 5/6 protro, Sab 1?

I can when my 8s get here if someone hasn’t already chimed in. For what it’s worth, I have always gone up a half-size for my bball shoes to account for thicker basketball socks and the Kobes have been no different. In fact, in a lot of cases, I feel like TTS wouldn’t work for me for Kobes but could for non-Kobes.

My 1st Kobe since I sold all my Kobes before his passing/ covid.. and very regretted :emoji_cry:

Attachments

• 73510148811__CA29D969-9C4D-4F35-9647-ED921A0B9F28.jpeg
    73510148811__CA29D969-9C4D-4F35-9647-ED921A0B9F28.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 113
Nike Kobe 8 Protro “Lakers Home”
Color: White/Court Purple-University Gold
Style Code: HF9550-100
Release Date: Fall 2024
Price: $190
1713466582097.png

1713466619570.png

1713466670280.png

1713466709948.png

I like the OG thin tongue more. The leather used on the Protro tongue isn't that great and not very flexible/breathable. If they really wanted better comfort and padding they could have took the nylon fabric tongue from the Elites. The tongue from the GT Cut 1 also heavily reminded me of the 8s in shape.
But the protro tongue is softer and doesn’t dig into your ankle, right?

I can when my 8s get here if someone hasn’t already chimed in. For what it’s worth, I have always gone up a half-size for my bball shoes to account for thicker basketball socks and the Kobes have been no different. In fact, in a lot of cases, I feel like TTS wouldn’t work for me for Kobes but could for non-Kobes.

Kobekobe Kobekobe :

The Venice Beach 8s are my first Protro 8, and today was my first hoop session in them. In my basketball bag right now, I have the Chaos Protro 5s, Reverse-Grinch Protro 6s, and the Venice Beach Protro 8s -- all size 10.5. After playing in the 8s, I'd say they feel the roomiest of the three, with the 5s the most snug. Granted, I wear thicker socks to hoop in so I always default to going up a half-size for Nike basketball shoes. I personally can't see TTS working for me for the protro 5s, even wearing traditional socks. As for the 8s, I recall them feeling pretty tight while wearing them around the house yesterday to try and break them in, but after playing in them this morning, they're the roomiest of the three. For me, it's not the length that I worry about, it's more the width when it comes to basketball shoes. I think going TTS in the Venice Beaches would totally be fine, especially with "regular" socks. As for the 6s, I don't know if I'd go TTS in those, even with casual socks personally. I also found the Sabrina 1s to be too narrow/snug for my liking so I returned those. Regarding the 8s, I think the Halo 8s have a thicker tongue so those may be a half-size up. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom