Nike Kyrie III

^this

it's about what they could get away with, while appealing to a variety of budgets.

price has NOTHING to do with tech. the difference to their bottom line would be cents per unit.

its always a business decision when it comes to tech in a shoe. Nike could put full length zoom in all their basketball sneakers, but they need to differentiate and justify their different pricing tiers so shoes are artificially handicapped. same reason the lebron elites has more zoom pods than the regular release. they could have put them in the regular release but they needed to justify the price increase.

zoom is nothing new or groundbreaking that is hard to implement, they are just protecting their brand and premium features, just like any other merchandising company in the world.
I think we all understand that.  No one is disputing the business side of it.  I do however, think it's hard to reconcile what you're saying with the possibility that the Kyrie 3 will have forefoot/heel zoom and carbon fiber for the same retail price as the Kyrie 2, which only has heel zoom.  They would have to raise the retail price of the Kyrie 3 to fit your statements.
price has NOTHING to do with tech. the difference to their bottom line would be cents per unit.
Exactly my point.  I said it here earlier:  KD 9, full length zoom, $150.  Hyperdunk 2008 retro, the version with nothing but thin foam, $150.  Clearly, price has nothing to do with tech, but from a consumer's perspective it sure as hell influences my purchase decisions.

Curious to see the final design, but there will an earlier release for the very first version, just like with the "Dreams" and "Effects", which will happen before January 4th, right?

Curious to see the final design, but there will an earlier release for the very first version, just like with the "Dreams" and "Effects", which will happen before January 4th, right?

Well best case scenario would be a cw releasing around december 15th because thats when the effects released

I agree how Nike could typically create the ultimate shoe for a guard (full length zoom, low to ground, lightweight, herringbone, carbon shank etc..) but they need to appeal to certain audiences and budget types.

So in that regard they'll often remove one piece of tech from a shoe and add that to another etc..

But then you bring price into it.

The Kobe XI Elites were ridiculously priced for what you get.  Crap court feel, crap transitioning and crap traction.   IMO the EM's performed a lot better.

Far cheaper shoes have very high tech in them for a reasonable price, but I think Nikehas taken some notice with cuts across the board on the Sig lines

Looking forward to seeing what Nike comes up with for Kyrie for the IIIs.

Sick of these no tongue systems if that happens im out seems a lo of companies are going for the d lillard 1 and 2 look amd these remind me of the d lillard 1 and no tongue sucks if these pics are real thats a let down and that huge swoosh at the toe gross

oh hell nah. im out on kyries i think, bummer too, ive liked the first 2

Last edited:
I dig those. Hope the cushioning is decent this time around. I sold my 2's because they were just hard as concrete

That design is sick. With any type of zoom cushioning let alone a full length setup? And no gimmick strap? I'd be all in on these. Only problem I had with last years was stiff material, the pointless strap, and the fact they had absolutely no cushioning what so ever. I played in two league games with them and had the worst back / knee pain I've ever had.

Last edited:
I think the design is awful, looks like a Hyperdunk with the Kyrie logo on it, I hope this is just a sketch by somebody.

Gladly the Kyrie 1 and 2 had a unique design and I hope so for the three as well!

Yes I just believe that is artist mockup and not actually from Nike. If they look like that I am in.

I think the design is awful, looks like a Hyperdunk with the Kyrie logo on it, I hope this is just a sketch by somebody.

Gladly the Kyrie 1 and 2 had a unique design and I hope so for the three as well!

this.

felt like i was going crazy being the only one not liking them :lol:

just bought the k2's thinking about the kobe mentality 2's next but if the k3's got a nice design/color def buying.

Since the IIIs will drop in January, we should get sample photos around November!

I dig those. Hope the cushioning is decent this time around. I sold my 2's because they were just hard as concrete
Doubtful.  I assume Kyrie wants court feel and responsiveness, and cushion inherently precludes both.  Couldn't deal with the 2s either.. 

Far cheaper shoes have very high tech in them for a reasonable price, but I think Nikehas taken some notice with cuts across the board on the Sig lines

Don't let that fool you. Exactly how the KD line started, look where it is now.

Don't let that fool you. Exactly how the KD line started, look where it is now.

May get more expensive again, Infact it's very likely, but the fact is every model his year has had a price cut so far

Either way competition is good

Back
Top Bottom