Nike Lacking Major Heat???

Is it just me or does it seem like nike kind of began to fall off after 2006?

i feel like around that time and prior we were getting heat in all types of shoes.

i just feel like i haven't been super pumped for a pair of retros in a while.

discuss.

Personally the nike tech challenge ii was a huge release for me at least, and I think the reason why I haven't been pumped up for a release in a long timeis because of Nike's crappy quality, your expecting to be disappointed. I can't even count the number of sneakers I have passed on due to crappyquality.

It's just you, Nike Retro is trying to break the rest of us this past year. If you are referring to quality, then the 2006 would be somewhat better butthis is a partial list of what Nike dropped this year alone: pippens, foams, air structure, air raids, infrared 90's, flightposites, chili 95's, neon95's, penny 2's, jason kidd's(zf95's and 96's), several nice 97's and I'm a little faded so I can't think of anymore. Youcan't knock nike on a year like that.

^i guess so.

maybe i was thinking more along the lines of collabos (ones that we can get our hands on)

Nike drops some real fire every year. The thing is that Nike has pigeon-holed itself to a point that they have to release thousands of shoes each month. I willsay, however, that most of the really nice stuff that has dropped over the past couple of years has been either tough to get, too pricey, or a combination ofboth.

Originally Posted by Integra Owner

It's just you, Nike Retro is trying to break the rest of us this past year. If you are referring to quality, then the 2006 would be somewhat better but this is a partial list of what Nike dropped this year alone: pippens, foams, air structure, air raids, infrared 90's, flightposites, chili 95's, neon 95's, penny 2's, jason kidd's(zf95's and 96's), several nice 97's and I'm a little faded so I can't think of anymore. You can't knock nike on a year like that.

Church.

Only thing is Nike isnt as hyped up as Jordans. Ive been way more satisfied with Nike releases than Jordan releases as far as quality, trueness to OG, andprice.

IMO Nike has brought plenty of heat lately, next year will be no different.

I've been quite satisfied with '08's retros... the thing is, everyone has a different definition for "heat"... for me, as an Agassi fan,I was very satisfied with the ATC II Lava's... I was also eagerly anticipating the AT1 chloro retro as well as the Zoom Trainer 1 (a very underated shoeIMO)... I'm also quite excited with the Griffey's next year...

Originally Posted by s dubl

Only thing is Nike isnt as hyped up as Jordans. Ive been way more satisfied with Nike releases than Jordan releases as far as quality, trueness to OG, and price.

TRUTH.

you guys are not true nike fans if you dont like some of the stuff thats been poppin up this past year, and with the 09 previews.. WOW. i can barely keep upwith nike retro's right now, so many grails of mine have been retro'd this year, im totally satisfied.

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Originally Posted by Integra Owner

It's just you, Nike Retro is trying to break the rest of us this past year. If you are referring to quality, then the 2006 would be somewhat better but this is a partial list of what Nike dropped this year alone: pippens, foams, air structure, air raids, infrared 90's, flightposites, chili 95's, neon 95's, penny 2's, jason kidd's(zf95's and 96's), several nice 97's and I'm a little faded so I can't think of anymore. You can't knock nike on a year like that.

Church.

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

Originally Posted by s dubl

Only thing is Nike isnt as hyped up as Jordans. Ive been way more satisfied with Nike releases than Jordan releases as far as quality, trueness to OG, and price.

TRUTH.

you guys are not true nike fans if you dont like some of the stuff thats been poppin up this past year, and with the 09 previews.. WOW. i can barely keep up with nike retro's right now, so many grails of mine have been retro'd this year, im totally satisfied.

Preach my dude.. preach

eyes.gif

If Nike is supposedly lacking heat, what is hot to you?

I think Nike's new designs have been weak (Kobe's, Lebrons, etc.) but because the retroes are so ill, I have been buying more
Nikes than JB. If it weren't for retroes tho, I don't know if I would own any Nikes besides SBs, and even SBs have fallen off
over the last 2 years.

you all are crazy cus the heat keeps coming.... ATC II? man those were sick. flight lite high? neon 95s? infrareds? man it dont stop.

Nike has had streight heat drop this year from the sharkleys to the hyperdunks. if you wanna talk retros we got so many posites, and so many basketball grailsthat were once
untouchable retros. i have been way more pleased with nike than i have with JB. if JB could produce half the quality that nike retros have done this year theni would have bought all the CDP.

everyone seems to be naming retroed colorways no?

i would like to see a new color become a classic...

i do agree that there has been some heat but i feel like everything thats "new" is just wack

it seems like everyone is listing off retroed colorways for the most part no?

i agree, there has been heat dropping, but nothing new.

everything thats new seems to be wack.

Flightposite 1's in three OG colorways. Penny II, Zoom Flight 95, 96, AM95, AM90, Jordan Carmine 6's, Jordan Hare 7's, Jordan Black/Cement 4's,Black/Cement 3's.... 2008 has been a great year for retros, I don't know what you are thinking man.

Huarache 08, hyperdunks, zoom BB2, lunar trainer/racer, the new cageless 360's are just a few of the great new shoes has come out with.

Originally Posted by ankles2008

i do agree that there has been some heat but i feel like everything thats "new" is just wack

well this is the nike retro forum smart guy. we like old shoes.

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

Originally Posted by ankles2008

well this is the nike retro forum smart guy. we like old shoes.
laugh.gif
......i have to disagree with the OP, nike has really gonein on what they retros they released this year and what they will release next year. Everytime i think im going to be slowing down with buying kicks....ican't
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom