Nike Lebron 17

This is my favorite detail of the shoe. I put some scotch tape over it so it stays.

Attachments

• 60724D47-495B-44B5-B79D-A3A128FCECC3.jpeg
    60724D47-495B-44B5-B79D-A3A128FCECC3.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 452
I’ve noticed that in pictures before, but didn’t think it was an actual thing. My guess is that it’s his weight compressing the cushioning. Why should Johnny Pickup, the local 24 hr Fitness hooper need more cushioning than Lebron freaking James? If anything it should be the other way around ??

Said this earlier in the thread when the specs were released. Much like a Pippen 1 situation (Pippen 1 retail - air max bag, Pippen's PE - zoom air)
Found it hard to believe Bron would go to a 270 bag in the heel, after being in zoom max in the heel the last couple of models. Wouldn't be surprised if he had zoom max in the heel in all his 17's.

From those pics, the air max unit def looks different. It could be compressed since LBJ is 6'8 250 but I think he has a thinner air max unit to gain greater court feel as we all know the higher the shoe, the more chance of an ankle injury, especially for a guy his size. The first thing I thought when I saw pics of the 17s were I hope he stays healthy in those kicks until June.

I gotta try again, I tried on in stores and walked around did not like them. But I love the look I wanna hoop in them just nervous they are too high off groud and will not work for me since I like lows. I do not care a ton about weight as long as they are durable.

I play in the XXX4 right now. I need another shoe though and KD 12 was my other one but they are pretty beat now and need 1 more in rotation.

I know opinions vary but is there a consensus here?

it’s the same shoe. sig athletes pairs always have something altered and extra features. perks of the job

same with the zoom pippen 1, dirk’s airmax astonish cushioning may have encapsulated air or full length zoom. noticed that a few years back just had no luck looking for images

first pic is dirk PEs 2nd are GRs

37367EA3-A3D9-457A-8B88-1CE84A57C7AD.jpeg

0D16FA9A-2737-4186-AF15-2329EE4EBB0E.jpeg

I gotta try again, I tried on in stores and walked around did not like them. But I love the look I wanna hoop in them just nervous they are too high off groud and will not work for me since I like lows. I do not care a ton about weight as long as they are durable.

I play in the XXX4 right now. I need another shoe though and KD 12 was my other one but they are pretty beat now and need 1 more in rotation.

Have you played in any of the 15’s or 16’s? If so, at least to me the height is pretty similar if not exactly the same. Noticeable differences so far is the fit of the upper...really hugs the foot but in a good way, and outside of the forefoot Zoom the cushioning isn’t as springy.

I had been playing in the Kobe Protro IV’s and AD mids prior to the 17’s. Might’ve taken me a few games to adjust to the height of the shoe and then I barely noticed it. My experience with them so far has been positive but everyone is different

The very first Pic of him wearing these, the heel unit looks thick like the ones we get. He mightve felt too high off the ground

Don’t know if you’re a fan of the aesthetics, but the Jordan Why Not 0.2 SE (lighter and less bulky than the original...original was great imo) would be another option.
Haven’t played in the Kobe NXT FF but I’m planning on scooping a pair in the near future. Based on a good friend of mine I hoop with he raves about them. My initial try left me wanting them (just waiting on a colorway that moves me).

Hope this helps a little.

JS”

Don’t know if you’re a fan of the aesthetics, but the Jordan Why Not 0.2 SE (lighter and less bulky than the original...original was great imo) would be another option.
Haven’t played in the Kobe NXT FF but I’m planning on scooping a pair in the near future. Based on a good friend of mine I hoop with he raves about them. My initial try left me wanting them (just waiting on a colorway that moves me).

Hope this helps a little.

JS”

I also was thinking bout the NXT FF for sure. I need a discount on them haha

Back
Top Bottom