Nike LeBron 19 - Disco Season

Just curious… Are there any other current signature models that you guys are excited about? I must say none of the sig releases from Nike have really moved me in the past few years. I do get curious to try out new tech from time to time but other than that it’s mostly whatever across the board

Just curious… Are there any other current signature models that you guys are excited about? I must say none of the sig releases from Nike have really moved me in the past few years. I do get curious to try out new tech from time to time but other than that it’s mostly whatever across the board
Nike sigs have really overall sucked the last few years. Kyries line is pretty much the same shoe year after year, KDs are hideous and Lebrons have been hit and miss since the 13. PG line imo sucks too.

Nike sigs have really overall sucked the last few years. Kyries line is pretty much the same shoe year after year, KDs are hideous and Lebrons have been hit and miss since the 13. PG line imo sucks too.
Kd line been trash since the 8 imo
Kyrie line same shoe every year just minor difference here and there
Lebron line hit n miss Petrie need to step back and let some fresh blood step in
Pg line no comment
Freak line reminds me of pg line

Lebron line hit n miss Petrie need to step back and let some fresh blood step in
Pg line no comment
Exactly bro. Freak line is boring too. Looks like great ball shoes but for casual wear nah. I've been saying Petrie needs to step back for a while. 13/14 were absolutely hideous, 15 saved the line imo, 16 solid, 17 decent, 18 trash. His line needs a fresh perspective. Man the 18 is just hideous. Lows are decent depending on the CW. PG line is just garbage. If it wasn't for Dunks Nike would be in the toilet atm.

18s had so much potential. With a knit upper color possibilities are endless but they were executed horribly.

the animal print pair and Los Angeles by day are the same practically.
There is no “must have” colorway of the 18 highs. Jades and Melons are decent after that trash. I honestly feel these were colorways for the 16s that didn’t make the shoe.

Exactly bro. Freak line is boring too. Looks like great ball shoes but for casual wear nah. I've been saying Petrie needs to step back for a while. 13/14 were absolutely hideous, 15 saved the line imo, 16 solid, 17 decent, 18 trash. His line needs a fresh perspective. Man the 18 is just hideous. Lows are decent depending on the CW. PG line is just garbage. If it wasn't for Dunks Nike would be in the toilet atm.

Pg line no comment

The Kyrie trashing his own new model and saying they are awful and not hot is hilarious to me. All his shoes are basically the same. Fewest tweaks of any other sig over time imo

I’ve said it before, but the NBA deal ruined Nike. They no longer had to try with their signature shoes. Why make all-star themes when you can make a boat load of money on jersey sales and team apparel?

I wouldn’t say all the sigs have been bad. It’s more so the lack of good colorways for these lines that have made them fall off.

The GT series has been the most promising thing Nike basketball has put out in a long time. Sigs have been stale with more emphasis on gimmick cushioning/tech over designs and colorways that would make these silhouettes attractive to sneaker heads. The 2000s through like 2013-2014 was the golden era IMO.

In hindsight, 2015 was decent for Nike basketball but they were really reaching with the stories attached to every shoe at that point

Nike is bad because Nike is bad. They kinda went the way of apple. The innovation is gone. Just iterations of the same thing with a “less is more” reason. Naw, give me the premium materials. I don’t care about the 1.000000001 ounces you save

Nike best designers went to Adidas correct me if I'm wrong they lack creativity they take dope colorways from previous models and throw them on the new models (stewie 18s ) prime example. I think Nike just don't care anymore so they make everything limited the designs are lazy.

Yeah Nike really proved how much they dont care the most with the Grinch Kobe 6/Kobe contract and with this LW in 2021. They had an amazing opportunity with these to really give back to thier loyal base who has been supporting both lines for a long time by 1.) Making at least 1 million pairs of Grinches so EVERYONE could eat 2.) Giving the Kobe estate a lifetime contract 3.) Using Lebron shoes for the LW that were used in that sneaker battle they did. Instead, Nike just showed how much they don't care about thier customer. Thier sig line has been garbage for years. I mean how lazy can you be, for example, with Kyries shoes?! It's literally the same shoe every year with minor tweaks. I'll say at least with Lebrons line they use great tech and are making a solid hoops shoe. But style wise it's very hit and miss. You can only slap your customer in the face so many times before they slap you back. Heck look at the Jordan 1. No new tech, many CW have crappy materials and yet it's not far from $200. That shoe should be $125 max, $150 with quality materials. I'm glad Kanye went to Adidas and hopefully Adidas pushes Nike to step thier game up.

18s had so much potential. With a knit upper color possibilities are endless but they were executed horribly.

the animal print pair and Los Angeles by day are the same practically.
There is no “must have” colorway of the 18 highs. Jades and Melons are decent after that trash. I honestly feel these were colorways for the 16s that didn’t make the shoe.
The silhouette of the 18 mid bothers me the most but yes CW have been lackluster as well. Reallumy disappointing shoe overall.

I’ve said it before, but the NBA deal ruined Nike. They no longer had to try with their signature shoes. Why make all-star themes when you can make a boat load of money on jersey sales and team apparel?

that’s all the more reason to take risks with the design of the shoes… they don’t have to depend on sneaker saes.

I think the Nike deal only ruined things because the quantities produced went up. 59 + colorways every season means you’re busting out high volumes and wanting higher returns per shoe. Made them even cheaper than before and with less effort.

just my take

maxresdefault (1).jpg
Pretty much the same shoe 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom