Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
Of the 10 or so Spalding ones I have they took 4-6 months.

Of the 3 Wilson ones I have it took maybe two or 3 months.

My fourth is on the way and should be here next week

Why do you have so many, do you just like ba...

1677888933606.gif

I've handled plenty of balls and others are just too soft and mushy. The official ones are firm and just feel good off the tip of my fingers.

Yes but you have 3 of the same identical basketballs with one coming next week.

Just curious to know what's up with the other 3 and why you're getting a fourth?

Honestly the ball is good to go out of the box, it's nothing like the Spalding.

Depending on how much you use it will determine how fast it gets dark, but the ball's good to go out of the box.
Do you recommend as an upgrade over a evolution? Or what’s the next logical step

Do you recommend as an upgrade over a evolution? Or what’s the next logical step

Honestly it's up to you because there's pros and cons.

Pros are the basketball will get better with age, it's what the pros use and it's a fun basketball to play with.

The cons, most people unless they're familiar with NBA basketballs won't like and won't want to play with it.

So it'll kinda be just like a basketball for you depending on who you play with.

Do you recommend as an upgrade over an evolution? Or what’s the next logical step
It’s a feel thing like mucus said.. I feel once you get a leather ball broken in you don’t wanna go back.. it’s weird cause the leather balls feel like the cheap out door balls the first weeks or so.l but as they break in an get softer it’s perfect.. Going back to a composite ball feels like the cheap outdoor ball now.. the leather balls get grippier as they get moist during the hooping session vs the composite balls getting slick… problem is you can’t get people that don’t know to hoop with em cause everybody’s so used to the composite ones

I like the Evo NXT which is apparently the in-between for the Evo and the NBA ball… intrigued by the NBA one though

I got the EVO NXT about a month and a half ago because I needed a basketball to practice with that everyone else used.

I sold my Evo's years ago and I shoot like sh..t when I played against people because the feel of the Evo's and composite basketballs are different.

I mean I looked BAD! :rofl:

I know they say that the ball shouldn't matter but it does and it did! The feel and weight's different so I'd be thrown off whenever I played with those basketballs.

I bought the EVO NXT and it took me 2...

Probably 3 days to realize how I had to shoot it and now I shoot great with it.

It’s a feel thing like mucus said.. I feel once you get a leather ball broken in you don’t wanna go back.. it’s weird cause the leather balls feel like the cheap out door balls the first weeks or so.l but as they break in an get softer it’s perfect.. Going back to a composite ball feels like the cheap outdoor ball now.. the leather balls get grippier as they get moist during the hooping session vs the composite balls getting slick… problem is you can’t get people that don’t know to hoop with em cause everybody’s so used to the composite ones

I have lots of basketballs and always warm up with the EVO NXT or the Molten FIBA basketball.

Because unless it's hot or humid, the NBA basketballs are slick until your hands are warm and sweaty.

At least that's my experience and you're spot on!

Honestly it's up to you because there's pros and cons.

Pros are the basketball will get better with age, it's what the pros use and it's a fun basketball to play with.

The cons, most people unless they're familiar with NBA basketballs won't like and won't want to play with it.

So it'll kinda be just like a basketball for you depending on who you play with.

I have lots of basketballs and always warm up with the EVO NXT or the Molten FIBA basketball.

Because unless it's hot or humid, the NBA basketballs are slick until your hands are warm and sweaty.

At least that's my experience and you're spot on!

Just co signing everything that was said. I practice exclusively with the nba ball, but everyone wants to play with evo. Nba ball is a good practice tool cause everything else will feel very grippy and easy to shoot by comparison. When I play with an evo afterwards I feel like tmac shooting pull up 3s from nba range. The nba ball is less forgiving so your form has to be fairly good to shoot it well consistently imo. If you get one, treat it like a training tool.

Also, the nba ball makes the Same sound you hear on tv when it splashes the net. It just sounds so good.

When I used to work as a basketball trainer, I had 5 different basketballs in my locker. Tf1000 and evo for high school kids, a molten fiba ball for overseas guys, and two spalding nba balls for the d league / nba guys.

The reason for 2 nba balls is because those guys pretty much don’t miss in practice. So you can confidently pass them the second ball while the first is in the air lol.

Last edited:
My spalding one took years lol. Wilson seems much faster. You can use leather lotion and conditioner to speed it up. I did that with my first ball and it turned dark brown very quickly.

Since this became a topic in here, I've gotten like, without exaggeration, 6 "good" balls the past 10 years. Spalding, Wilson, a college ball. All well reviewed. And what happens is, I can't get out to play a ton and they slowly turn into marbles. Hard, slick, trash. Just from sitting in my gym bag or from sitting in the closet (I didn't have an indoor spot to play in during covid), or places like that. All indoors places though, it's not like I'm leaving the basketballs in the elements or in a cold or hot place.

I got a ball around the same time as a buddy of mine I play with, and we got the same ball. His broke in, we were playing with it outdoors alot. I tried to use mine outdoors more and that didn't help, it's a marble now. All my basketballs either end up being really heavy or turning into marbles, or both. I hate it. Game ball is never my ball.

I'd love to be able to use my ball 2 hours a day every other day but I'm also like, an adult and a professional, so that's impossible.

Any tips? I've seen guys with indoor balls that you're not supposed to use outdoors, and they use them outdoors and they are great balls for a few months. Doesn't work for me. I've also seen guys have indoor balls and use them indoors and they're great balls for a whole season or longer. Doesn't work for me.

Am I keeping it too inflated? Underinflated? Should I take the air out all the way if not in use? Tired of buying pretty expensive basketballs only to have them turn into slippery marbles you can't grip at all.

Thanks for any advice anybody wants to give. :emoji_pray:

Back
Top Bottom