Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
Real excited for these. Finally a Bron I can play in since the 17 (which I thought were amazing). 18 & 19 let me down big time despite being fantastic silhouettes IMO. The 20s could easily become my favorite of the line pending their performance.

I'm a little confused by the "they look cheap" talk, especially being compared to a Kobe. I'm sure if Kobe had one more year in him back in 2016 and this was the Kobe 12 EVERYONE would buy them up. Kobe's also retailed for $200 starting with the 8 Elites and it stayed that way for for the rest of his line. Not to mention they had inferior tech that wasn't nearly as durable (Lunarlon and heel Zoom VS Cushlon/Zoom Air bags). And I love Kobe's, played in the OG 6, 7, 8, 10, 11. But certain Brons IMO rival Kobe's as performers, even superseding them. A narrative gets built and the majority of people just run with it. "Brons are too heavy for guards" "Kobe's are the GOAT basketball kicks" etc. you get the point. Yet guards like Kyrie at one point in time wore Brons, CP3 wore Brons, Bledsoe lived in Brons, Ty Lawson wore Brons, there are other examples but just off the top of my head. Good enough for those guys but not good enough for the weekend warriors/ShoeTubers. 🤷🏻‍♂️

People who “love” Kobe’s now aren’t the people who “loved” them back when they were actually worth it. An OG KB 6 >>>>> Protro 6 while you pay more for the Protro, yet the LeBron SB 8, ASG 9 retros are duplicates of their OG counterpart tech wise. Doesn’t make sense. Now THESE Brons are IT because they look like Kobe’s? I’m sorry but FOH with that. These look like updated LeBron 8 v2 lows to me. I look at my Sprite and Miami Night lows and see the 20.

To clarify the kobe 8 elites were 200+ but the regular Kobe 8s retailed for 140$
They continued that trend up until the 11’s being that they release a regular “engineered mesh” version(cheaper) and then a flyknit version (pricier)… Kobe’s at the time were the first/only hoop shoes to have flyknit in them. Now we’re still getting charged a premium price for older tech. 200$ for a Lebron low top that isn’t adapt or new tech is wild to me as it’s a 40$ increase after last years fiasco…they better be coming with some heat all year, it’d be a crime for them to have to explain why bron needs mids for the 21s

Got em in today…….was iffy when I first saw them, now I’m sold.

Fit like all other lebrons…….seems like they may be comfy. Gonna workout in them today and see how they really feel.

D86C5103-811A-43F5-AA3A-AC5236292A0B.jpeg

To clarify the kobe 8 elites were 200+ but the regular Kobe 8s retailed for 140$
They continued that trend up until the 11’s being that they release a regular “engineered mesh” version(cheaper) and then a flyknit version (pricier)… Kobe’s at the time were the first/only hoop shoes to have flyknit in them. Now we’re still getting charged a premium price for older tech. 200$ for a Lebron low top that isn’t adapt or new tech is wild to me as it’s a 40$ increase after last years fiasco…they better be coming with some heat all year, it’d be a crime for them to have to explain why bron needs mids for the 21s

Mesh were the better option back then too. To be fair though, flyknit for basketball sneakers has come a long long way.

Any of you guys experience “Awaiting carrier pick up”? Mines been sitting since Friday night to be picked up from UPS, would have thought it would have been picked up by now and started moving according to my tracking.
Mine too …FNL said supposedly shipping sometime this week

Got my size 14 today and sizing up was definitely the move(as it’s been for me with all Lebrons)

But especially since the lacing system isn’t exactly open to adjustments it’s a solid round piece with not much give so it doesn’t exactly open up as others shoes can

Materials are cool and all the woven upper is interesting and the inside is fully lined so you don’t feel the woven upper against ya foot at all

Material is very soft and flexible

Cushlon is squishy but not super soft

The heel cushion is interesting as the inner part has like holes it’s comfy just different

It’s a solid shoe as is not sure about performance yet

Casual it’s nothing amazing in the comfort zone but maybe with some break in

DAFB71DF-4A4C-48F0-B47F-147F204C61FA.jpeg

Cushion “holes”

It was actually the Elite 7 that was the start of $200 and actually had Zoom in the forefoot and heel which was switched later to only Zoom in the heel, the smallest unit possible albeit. I remember you could iD them with the full length zoom under the foam carrier but that was an extra $20. My point being we were getting charged $200+ for less tech than what is in these Brons. Plus, you know Zoom Turbo is a fairly new innovated cushion (Kyrie 5 debuted them so that’s what two/three years ago?) so that plus Max Zoom in the heel AND Cushlon > Any Kobe sneaker that touched the $200 price point. And that’s just cushion, these have a CF plate, Sphere liner, and who knows what this knit is really? Not justifying the price point, but we’ve gotten less for the same price and not only have consumers been content with it, they now praise it as if it was the greatest creation of all time (Kobe 8-11)

$40 from what? The 19s retailed at $200. Brons have been $200 since the 17s now not counting special colorways.

As for the 21s, I hope they keep this design language going forward. Also if they do end up doing a high version, that’ll be even better. Instead of a low-end/high-end version, two high-end versions would be cool with me (low/high or mid) with alternating tech.

It was actually the Elite 7 that was the start of $200 and actually had Zoom in the forefoot and heel which was switched later to only Zoom in the heel, the smallest unit possible albeit. I remember you could iD them with the full length zoom under the foam carrier but that was an extra $20. My point being we were getting charged $200+ for less tech than what is in these Brons. Plus, you know Zoom Turbo is a fairly new innovated cushion (Kyrie 5 debuted them so that’s what two/three years ago?) so that plus Max Zoom in the heel AND Cushlon > Any Kobe sneaker that touched the $200 price point. And that’s just cushion, these have a CF plate, Sphere liner, and who knows what this knit is really? Not justifying the price point, but we’ve gotten less for the same price and not only have consumers been content with it, they now praise it as if it was the greatest creation of all time (Kobe 8-11)

$40 from what? The 19s retailed at $200. Brons have been $200 since the 17s now not counting special colorways.

As for the 21s, I hope they keep this design language going forward. Also if they do end up doing a high version, that’ll be even better. Instead of a low-end/high-end version, two high-end versions would be cool with me (low/high or mid) with alternating tech.
Definitely correct on the 7s being the first elites slipped my mind somehow. And I was speaking to the lows being 160 and sitting. Lebron 1-19 has been a mid cut shoe , lows were always secondary for him and his line. There is no going back to a midcut shoe at 200 then lows releasing at 160 which is what his line has been. Down the line that’d step on these.. not sure how long he plans on playing and continuing the sig line so not sure if it matters. It just seems to me this move stunts the versatility of the line, I don’t foresee them releasing a step down or a em version or in Lebron’s case a v2/v3. And I can’t see them justifying a mid again

Definitely correct on the 7s being the first elites slipped my mind somehow. And I was speaking to the lows being 160 and sitting. Lebron 1-19 has been a mid cut shoe , lows were always secondary for him and his line. There is no going back to a midcut shoe at 200 then lows releasing at 160 which is what his line has been. Down the line that’d step on these.. not sure how long he plans on playing and continuing the sig line so not sure if it matters. It just seems to me this move stunts the versatility of the line, I don’t foresee them releasing a step down or a em version or in Lebron’s case a v2/v3. And I can’t see them justifying a mid again
Oh I see, you're comparing the 20s to the 19 lows. That's fair, but he signed a life-time contract so its safe to assume that he & Nike want to keep his line/brand relevant for decades to come. He's aiming for that Jordan status in the sneaker game as well. But I could see them doing a GT-like series under his brand is what I'm essentially trying to say.. these lows could be the "Cuts" of the Bron line, then come out with a mid or high, or both and that'll be the "Run" and "Jump", just my guess based on the info regarding a possible high version of the 20s.

We'll just have to wait and see what this NXXT Generation thing is that was mentioned as well, so far no word on that. And them removing the Soldier line is intriguing to say the least.

Nike went back to the vault with the Sphere. Black/Red is a must for me. Could be in for multiple pairs if the color ways continue to bang!

Got my size 14 today and sizing up was definitely the move(as it’s been for me with all Lebrons)

But especially since the lacing system isn’t exactly open to adjustments it’s a solid round piece with not much give so it doesn’t exactly open up as others shoes can

Materials are cool and all the woven upper is interesting and the inside is fully lined so you don’t feel the woven upper against ya foot at all

Material is very soft and flexible

Cushlon is squishy but not super soft

The heel cushion is interesting as the inner part has like holes it’s comfy just different

It’s a solid shoe as is not sure about performance yet

Casual it’s nothing amazing in the comfort zone but maybe with some break in

DAFB71DF-4A4C-48F0-B47F-147F204C61FA.jpeg

Cushion “holes”
Are you a wide footer? Any other shoe models you go up a size?

Do you know how the sizing is compared to 15s? I haven't gotten a lebron since then.
I went half up. The overall fit is slimmer from the 15 so not as much dead space in the toe area. If you have a Kobe protro I would get that size. Or a kyrie 7/8.

I went half up. The overall fit is slimmer from the 15 so not as much dead space in the toe area. If you have a Kobe protro I would get that size. Or a kyrie 7/8.
Dang I'ma have to get a 14 since 13.5 don't exist for nike loool. How much toe space when sizing up?

Back
Top Bottom