Nike Lebron 20

Have we seen the REAL XX’s?

• Yes

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.6%

• Total voters
We know the real story: MONEY.

Money drives everything and they plan on making every dollar back they lost on discounted LeBron's over the last 5+ years. They know Hoopers to casuals love Kobe's and lowtops. This will sell and move units. I'm glad the first colorway isn't the Rashards. I want to gauge if these sit or not for future pairs.

We know the real story: MONEY.

Money drives everything and they plan on making every dollar back they lost on discounted LeBron's over the last 5+ years. They know Hoopers to casuals love Kobe's and lowtops. This will sell and move units. I'm glad the first colorway isn't the Rashards. I want to gauge if these sit or not for future pairs.
nah i think it’s more than that

i feel like lebron must have hated the original 20 model and they audibled to these

don’t get me wrong i love them and they’re probably the first lebron i’ll buy in years but these took like 20 mins to mock up.

the lebron 20 should have been a big show

these would have been a PERFECT first signature for Ja

Plus they skipped the LeBron 17 here :sick:
715611F6-EA62-4017-B09D-06DB45DFF4E7.jpeg

i feel like lebron must have hated the original 20 model and they audibled to these

don’t get me wrong i love them and they’re probably the first lebron i’ll buy in years but these took like 20 mins to mock up.

All last season he wore mostly ambassadors which are almost all low tops. He doesn’t seem to like high tops like the 19’s.

Plus I think Nike finally realized that people can’t properly utilize the tech on court unless they are 250 pounds of pure muscle. Plus all previous LeBrons have been heavy asf. These are a change for the better so more ppl can wear them casually and on court.

Can we stop with the doesn’t look like a Lebron? Lol first 6 sigs weren’t very much a like. 7-10 were the only ones that shared similarities. The 11 was a departure from those. So was the 12, 13, and def 14. 15 and 16 were too. His sigs look for the most part have changed each year. He’s been moving more towards a low for years. Best sig in a while

i wonder if well ever find out the real story of such a non lebron looking lebron especially for a milestone number

i like them twisting it into "staying on top of today's style" but we all know that not the look they probably wanted

also wonder what they do for a low model considering these are already lows
Maybe different materials. I wonder if they'll introduce a high version.

I'm liking the silhouette, very casual.
I'll get a pair on disco ofcourse

Plus they skipped the LeBron 17 here :sick:
I noticed that as well, probably my favorite out the entire line and they did them dirty 🤦🏻‍♂️
All last season he wore mostly ambassadors which are almost all low tops. He doesn’t seem to like high tops like the 19’s.

Plus I think Nike finally realized that people can’t properly utilize the tech on court unless they are 250 pounds of pure muscle. Plus all previous LeBrons have been heavy asf. These are a change for the better so more ppl can wear them casually and on court.
I like how people point to him recently wearing lows and attribute that to him disliking highs despite him wearing… wait for it… highs almost his entire career with some mids thrown in the mix. Achieving one of his biggest milestones (2016 championship) in what would be the highest cut LeBron sneaker ever so far. He couldn’t have just been weartesting through his lower tier/ lower cut sneakers right? Which probably aren’t “lower tier” to him. His Ambassadors probably have the same Zoom setup as the 20s for all we know 😂

And as for the “people can’t utilize the tech”… c‘mom now 😂 that’s all mental. The moves/skill set that a player can execute DOES NOT depend on the footwear. What Kyrie does in his Kyries, you can bet that he can do exactly that in Brons. Everything Ja does in Kobe’s, bet that he can do the exact same in Brons. Someone as athletic as Wiggins used to ball in LeBron 10s in HS, same with Ben Simmons in HS, he even debuted the LeBron 12 ASG in a HS game against Roselle Catholic before Bron did in the actual ASG. 🤯🤯🤯 I guess those who know, just know 🤷🏻‍♂️

I feel like going this route with Brons opens up the retro game for his sig line. Now his older models have a niche, if going forward we don’t get the visible air/bulky Brons then we’d have to purchase his older models through retros.

I wonder how much "shift" we'll see in players opting for the XX over retros like the Kobe4,5,6, etc. considering they are exactly the same in profile but will be more widely available without all the back and forth Nike was having with the Kobe Estate?

I don't think this was a last minute scrap job. I think it's just keeping up with the times. Also take this into consideration. These things start getting designed a year or more in advance. I know this to be fact. So essentially last season Lebron knows his next one will be the lower cut that he wants with more court feel compared to the high off the ground 19 (even though I still very much vouch for the 19 aesthetically) which could explain his preference of the ambassadors. I know we were all expecting a fireworks show but I think they did an excellent job and they're catering to a new generation while still giving them some "beef" to give them the lebron feel we're used to

facts on these could have easily been Ja's first signature... didn't even think of that. Huge pivot off of the rest of the Bron line for these.

I’m in on a pair or 2. These remind me so much of a Kobe and have an off-court appeal as well. Can’t wait to see the Grinch’s.

Back
Top Bottom