How is the fit/sizing?

• TTS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .5 Down

• .5 Up

• Total voters
I'm not really one for zoom soldiers but I think i'm gonna have to pull the trigger on copping a pair of these. The comfort looks great on them.

Last edited:
Yeah they are comfortable. I'll go .5 size down. Length is on the long side for me. Waiting on the discount though. If you deciding between the hyper dunk 2015, these over those, imo.

View media item 1646074
Haven't seen these anywhere online. Just picked these up at my local Footlocker. The fit, lockdown, traction and comfort are really good. Don't sleep on these. Gonna be beasts on the court. Surprised they're not getting enough love.

These are beasts on the court. Felt a little stiff around the ankle. Grip is pretty good tho

Just finished playin in them. All I'm gonna say is that I like these just as much as the J29s. Gonna be a go to shoe. Everything is great with this shoe. Yea even the looks lol, with the wolf greys that is

Foot Locker tweeted these two are in stores. Kinda late when the person up top bought the grey few days ago.

CLMbaiqWEAAtPhD.jpg

CLL5FH6WgAA_oTP.jpg

CLM24SnWsAAksEE.jpg

Last edited:
All white pair looks really smooth. Surprised I'm liking some of these colorways after the initial pics had me dubbing these a hot mess.

All whites will get picked up down the line for a heavy discount under $100 at least. Has anybody played in these yet? How do you like them and if you've had them, how do they compare to the 7s? Picked the 7s up years ago for $80 to hoop in and they were awful. Traction is okay, but the cushioning is nonexistent and the fit felt bad. Hard to really lace em tight and not have the laces strangle your foot.

Picked up the Quai 54's. Didn't want to pay retail but I needed a new basketball shoe, gave away a couple pairs from my rotation.

As soon as I laced them up and walked onto the court I got hit with the "What are Those?!" :smh: Kids these days.

Traction is great, didn't have to wipe and after my first 2 hour hoop session in these, no dirt clog. I'll take into account that the floor was well kept, not pristine, however.
It doesn't have the bite/squeak that I usually look for but I was still left very impressed, it was very, very consistent.

I have wide arches but was happy I didn't have to go .5 size up. Stayed TTS. Fit was great, the lacing does very little, the straps lay down all the security.
Top strap is removable, but if you're playing in them, I don't suggest it, because there are only 3 rows for the lacing, you can't lace up to the top of the shoe. It was also nice that I didn't really need to re-tie my shoes (double-knotted them), just re-adjust the straps and was good to go.

Cushioning isn't bad, isn't great either. I'm a heavier guard, so breaking in shoes usually allow me to break in the cushioning pretty well, but after 5 or so hours of court time, the forefoot/heel zoom wasn't noticable (no bounce-back), for me atleast, but doesn't mean the impact protection isn't there. The insole became a little plush but the firmness was still there if that makes any sense. I know Nightwing and Schwollo reviews pointed out that the Zoom could be felt, I do agree to an extent.

My favorite aspect was the overall fit and the traction, gave me a new found confidence in my game. I suffered a couple injuries throughout the years, but playing in these, I had no worries at all on the floor. Placebo effect I guess, but hey, it worked :lol:

After playing in the Kobe X and Clutchfit Drives (which are my current favorite), I'd rather stock up on more of these, when they go on sale.

Another note, this was my first time playing in the Soldier line so I can't really compare experience to any past models.

Last edited:
All white pair looks really smooth. Surprised I'm liking some of these colorways after the initial pics had me dubbing these a hot mess.

All whites will get picked up down the line for a heavy discount under $100 at least. Has anybody played in these yet? How do you like them and if you've had them, how do they compare to the 7s? Picked the 7s up years ago for $80 to hoop in and they were awful. Traction is okay, but the cushioning is nonexistent and the fit felt bad. Hard to really lace em tight and not have the laces strangle your foot.

Really good shoes to ball in. Imo, one of the best shoes, overall. For me, the fit and traction are spot on. And cushioning isn't bad at all. I've played in Jordan 29s this whole time to

Really good shoes to ball in. Imo, one of the best shoes, overall. For me, the fit and traction are spot on. And cushioning isn't bad at all. I've played in Jordan 29s this whole time to
I thought the traction and cushioning was great.

What is the difference between the premium and non premium? Is it just the splatter?

Back
Top Bottom