Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2012 - Olympics CWs Hitting Stores! iD Now Available!

Originally Posted by tomat3

so will these have a solid white outsole as in the pics above or a clear sole as in nike's pic?
a9b9534abe6711e1989612313815112c_7.jpg
Could anyone answer this? I think they look great with the clear outsole, the white one I'm not too crazy about
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by comacoma33

The difference is the + version allows you to sink your shoe to your iPod, iPhone, iBook Pro, etc. to be able to measure things like your vertical, speed, accleration on the basketball court.

When is the date for these to start being released?
Originally Posted by xxLiL RYANxx

does the regular version drop on the same date too? or is it just the + releasing on the 29th?
When the new Nike Lunar Hyperdunk 2012s release on 6/29/12, there will be two different versions of the shoe.  There will be the regular version that will retail for $140 and the + Sport Pack that will retail for $250. 

Here are the colorways we will be carrying this Friday for the regular version:

Obsidian/University Red (USA Away)
University Red/Game Royal (Puerto Rico Away)
Volt/Gorge Green (Brazil Away)
University Gold/University Red (China Away)
Summit White/Wolf Grey/Electric Green

Here are the colorways we will be carrying for the + Sport Pack version:

Black/Metallic Silver/Blue Glow (In both men's and women's sizes)
White/University Red/Obsidian (USA)

I did not see any information showing that the Black/Metallic Silver/Blue Glow colorway would be available in a regular version anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by Jersey Sauce

eek.gif
  Man......................Why'd they have to be the + though??? 

Here's my review.  As a disclaimer, I can be pretty tough on my sneaker reviews/Also comparisons are related to the hyperdunk 2012

I Played 4-5 games tonight/All Volt/gorge green is the colorway I have

Cushioning:  Out the box the cushioning is crazy.  I've never had a Lunar pair of shoes, so adjusting to a different cushioning setup/feel may take some getting used to.  Its a much softer "cushiony" type sneaker.  If I recall, I read somewhere before that there was concern of the lunar foam "bottoming out".  I could potentially see this happening but honestly I don't know just yet.  Its a very smooth ride, no doubt about it.  Its Running cutting jumping is just "cushiony".  Only way I can put it right now.  I rate it  8.5/10.  Reason I dont give it a 10/10 is I like the responsiveness of zoom air and I'm accustomed to it.  The more I play in these, the more I'll become accustomed to that type of cushioning and the rating may change. 

Support:  Thank you for listening.  I thought the 2011 were terrible for ankle support.  I rolled my ankle too many times in those.  These are something special.  Its a very lockdown secure feel.  From the bottom of the heel all the way to the top of my ankle I was locked in.  I truly believe this type of flywire helps the medial sides as well.  I was very impressed and very happy with that.  This area is probably the highest priority for me.  And the 2012 didnt disappoint! 10/10

Fit:  Here is where I'm not so sure.  It fits a bit smaller than the 2011......I think.  Reason I say this, I typically wear 2 (double) elite socks when I play.  I couldnt fit 2 in this sneaker comfortably.  Here's where the issue may lie.  I wore the 2-layer elites (brand new pair) and they are a tad bulkier than the originals.  So I'm thinking this may be part of the problem.  That being said I've worn regular elites under my 2 layers before and they fit fine in my 2011.  Maybe because I havent broken the sneaker in just yet.  My big toes are a bit sore and I attribute that to wearing only one pair of socks.  They also seem to be a bit roomier in the toe area than the 2011.  Possibly a bit wider.  8.5/10

Style:  Love the big swoosh.  Had a bunch of people looking, asking, commenting, etc on the kicks.  Def a head turner.  Got a bit dirty but cleaned very well 10/10
Grip:  No complaints here.  Thought they were very solid.

Overall this is a huge improvement in the areas I personally wanted a change in especially the ankle support.  If your a hooper, I'd recommend investing in a pair.  Biggest "issue" could be adjusting to the lunar cushioning and not being able to rock 2 socks at the time, Otherswise my rating for the sneaker is A+ 9/10

If you guys have any other questions let me know. 

JS"
Thanks for the review. They sound like a good hoop shoe. So how does the toe area compare to the 2011s? The toebox on the 2011s was a little narrow and sole was very scuplted (i.e., curved up). Thanks!

No prob Si3n4. These are a bit roomier in my opinion. The 2011 was a narrower shoe; I liked that a bit more, but the roomier feel in the 2012 isnt a deal breaker for me. They seem to be a tad bit bulkier but I prefer that for some protection in case someone steps on your feet.

JS"

So the black/blue ones are only available for 250... F U Nike...
mad.gif

They know they are the hottest colorway, that's why they do that.

I will not be buying any of the + versions!

I repeat! I will not be buying any of the + versions!

$250 is just too cray! You're pushing $300 out the door with tax and shipping ...

Will cop the regular version. Loved the 2011s for ball, and I'm intrigued to try the 'new' Lunarlon tech.

Second spin in these. Played 4 games straight and these are breaking in nicely. OOOohhhhhhh WEEEeeeeeeeee!!! Nike you got one!!!! I'm sold...2nd pair coming Friday. Lightweight, supportive, cushioned.....Wish the tongue was wider at the forefoot, but as of right now, thats my only complaint. Still have a potential blister on my toe, but Im going to blame that on Sundays games with the 2 Layers and them sliding a bit/not being broken in (the socks that is).

JS"

Originally Posted by Jersey Sauce

Second spin in these. Played 4 games straight and these are breaking in nicely. OOOohhhhhhh WEEEeeeeeeeee!!! Nike you got one!!!! I'm sold...2nd pair coming Friday. Lightweight, supportive, cushioned.....Wish the tongue was wider at the forefoot, but as of right now, thats my only complaint. Still have a potential blister on my toe, but Im going to blame that on Sundays games with the 2 Layers and them sliding a bit/not being broken in (the socks that is).

JS"
hey mate, i'm from Australia and wont have the pleasure of trying them on before I order. How do they fit, are they a little tighter like the Lebrons? I'm a size 11 in Jordans and 12 in Lebron IX...any help appreciated my man.

Back
Top Bottom